5.0 out of 5 stars Um, I saw the negative reviews, and don't really care...
Because in my humble opinion, the phone is fun. I'm so sick of touch phones I couldn't bear my TMobile Mytouch 3g anymore. The thing was a pain, force close, slow, etc. I wanted a full keyboard again. People seem to love smaller, because admittedly, it's more accessible. However, just forego the body glove on this phone, and it still fits in your pants pocket. I...
Published on May 13, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Would've been a two star review under any other carrier.
I've had this phone since July, and having grown fed up of the random system issues, I used my not-so-useful "insurance" to get a replacement phone.

The original one I had would give me a 1 in 5 chance of freezing in either the browser or map (and it has crashed in Angry Birds as well), often when I am driving and need directions. Not just a regular freeze...
Published on October 14, 2011 by Slushymermaid

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone ever!, March 2, 2013
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
this is by far the worst phone I've ever had, it freezes up all the time, the touch screen is unresponsive at times then other times it'll do things you didn't tell it to do like its possessed! it always drops calls and i cant even have any apps on this phone because it'll continuously have to be force closed. i have to charge the phone at least once or twice a day with just minimal texting. the internet and even when not on the internet is soo slow. don't be fooled by the appearance of this phone, its a horrible phone, do not buy it

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow and regret buying this android phone, February 14, 2013
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I bought this item thinking i would enjoy the android experience as well as have a cool phone with a qwerty keyboard. However, this phone sucks. It is very slow and and right when i got it. It started to turn on and off over and over again. Once in a while it would work for about ten minutes and then do the same thing. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. SERIOUSLY. Even if it didn't have the problem I had with the turning on and off, it is still not worth getting. The keyboard is literally the only good part about this phone. Do not waste your upgrade on this crap. I'm usually a Samsung guy with most electronics, especially phones. Although their other stuff is fantastic, this phone really discourages me from getting a phone from the Galaxy or Note Series and instead getting an Iphone. Hopefully T moible hurries up with getting the IPhone in their lineup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse smartphone ever, September 24, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
Processor is too slow and phone is constantly freezing up! Very frustrating when trying to work basic functions on this phone! I highly recommend discontinuing this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, September 20, 2011
Angela Folson (WASHINGTON, DC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone to replace my G1 with Tmobile because I damaged it. Initially I was never interested in the sidekick because I thought it was for more of the younger group...well was I surprised when I received this phone and how wonderful it is. I actually like it better than the G1, and I was in love with the G1. A great phone with many great features and the android market is great. Love it love it!!! It will not dissapoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I've ever had, July 13, 2013
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
It glitches and freezes about every third button you press. Slowest loading. I have had it for about 2 years and regret getting it everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, August 23, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I own this phone and within a week it was messing up. The android system is old froyo 2.0 and there has not been an update even though they promised one in 2011. The keyboard is nice , but when I text it switches to search, it shuts down and, at one point I couldn't text at all , then another time I could only text certain contacts..this phone is too expensive for such crappy quality. To sum it all up
It lags, sometimes won't text , shuts off by itself and is a piece of crap

4.0 out of 5 stars its not worth it, July 2, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
the money that anybody asks for this product isn't even worth your paycheck the phone is sometimey and tempermental it works when it wants to and freezes most of the time, I had the black one refurbished so I thought it was because it was refurbished but then I got a new white one and it acted the same way

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect phone!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phoned for a while and i love it. Now i know there is no such thing as a perfect phone per se every phone has its problems but this phone is perfect for me.
PROS: *awesome keyboard, the keys may be a little small but they are perfectly spaced and make a nice clicky sound when you press them so it makes for a good typing experience.
*Nice screen, the phone may not have the greatest or biggest screen but it is perfectly acceptable for this phone since you have a qwerty keyboard and it comes with swype as the default on screen keyboard.
*music player, the music player has a nice look to it and it sounds pretty good with the phone speakerr now of course it has a 3.5 mm headphone jack so you can listen to music and watch videos in private.
*very customizable, this phone has a lot of options to make this phone completely your own it has themes you can add you can change the fonts and downloadother fonts from the market for .99. And of course you can change the wallpaper.
CONS: not too many just minor stuff like no digital clock on the homescreen but you can download some if you want to.
SUMMARY: i love this phone! Thiss was the best phone i have ever had. Its great for people of all ages i am very pleased with my purchase and would buy this phone again.

1.0 out of 5 stars get something else, March 13, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
this is the worst phone ever! i pay for insurance and yet i still have to pay $20 for a replacement. it freezes all the time and i mean the take the battery out and restart it. i'm stuck with this phone because i dont get an upgrade for another year. tmobile doesnt care that i have been a customer for years and im upset about this phone, they wont do anything to help me. so, if you are thinking about getting this phone do not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Freezes 3+ times a day, January 12, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sidekick, Matte Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I thought I'd get a phone with an option of touch screen + keyboard, so this funky looking thing got my attention. (Also I really wanted a sidekick in highschool, what better time to fix your highschool woes than in your 20's right?)

BOO, sidekick, you let me down. I don't even have that many apps on the phone, but the phone proceeds to freeze 3-5 times a day, it sucks big time to be listing to a joke on the radio for 5 minutes then all of a sudden get cut off RIGHT BEFORE the punch line gets delivered. BOO. BOO!!!

I thought I just got a bad unit, because I bought it off contract, but it seems like a lot of other people are having the same issue. almost half the reviews I've read had issues with the phone freezing/having to restart. I spent full retail price on this baby, but it's bad enough that I am considering skipping real meals & eating ramen noodles for 3 months to get a new phone.

So I say, if you're a hardcore gambler and you're down with a 50/50 chance of getting a useless paperweight of a phone, then go for it, if not, don't bother.

ARRAY(0xa91e0e7c)