5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised
Published on November 3, 2010 by James Li

1.0 out of 5 stars "Bait and Switch" by BeautyGreeting (seller).
Published on July 17, 2012 by Rocket Man fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, November 3, 2010
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this for use in an unlocked iPhone and found that it activated smoothly via the on-line instructions and was preloaded with a few dollars for minutes. This was welcome, because I was then able to test the signal and verify that I could make calls on the T-Mobile network. What's more, as of 11/2010, T-Mobile offers a pay-as-you-go data package for $1.49/24h on their Edge network. With about $20 put into the card on-line, I can travel and use both data and talk minutes without a contract or any recurring payments. Previously, I was using the ATT GoPhone service, but ATT cut out all of their roaming partners, so coverage is abysmal in rural areas.

I'm purchasing a second T-Mobile SIM tonight for my wife.

Beware. Don't buy the other Amazon T-Mobile SIM for "unactivated replacement." This SIM is only for replacing an existing lost SIM and is not for activating new accounts.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Bait and Switch" by BeautyGreeting (seller)., July 17, 2012
Rocket Man fan (Flagstaff, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
What I ordered was a T-Mobile Prepaid Activation Kit. What I received from BeautyGreeting was a T-Mobile sim card along with a letter stating that the sim card had been activated by them in my name along with the new phone number to the T-Mobile $50 month unlimited talk, text and web (100mb at 4G) plan. They even assign you a password/pin number and give instructions to "Refill $50 dollars to your rate plan IMMEDIATELY".
I emailed this through Amazon but have never heard from them.
This was suppose to be a ACTIVATION KIT! Meaning the customer gets to activate their own phone and the plan of their choice, NOT the seller.
You did not send me a Activation Kit, you sent me a ACTIVATED sim card.
What you did is commonly referred to as "bait and switch"! Which makes you a fraud.
WARNING: If you are looking for a T-Mobile Prepaid Activation Kit you would be wise to NOT use this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars So affordable and includes activation code with some starter minutes!, May 9, 2011
My Le (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I just want to add (since I didn't find this info from the other reviews) that this kit does include an activation code as well as an unactivated SIM card. The activation code allows you to have a new phone number or transfer an existing tmobile phone number to the SIM card. I used my motorola phone to establish a prepaid plan for my mom who only needs it for emergency use. Put in the SIM card, activated it, got a new number along with 10 extra minutes from the kit. Just don't use the prepaid phone to call to activate the SIM card. Use someone else's phone or a landline to call in to activate. The process took about 10 minutes and now my mom's set with a phone read to use! Super easy to set up! A Tmobile retail store would have charged me $25 to set this up! Freakin rip off compare to this online purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars MobilitySolutions - Verify Before Purchasing T-Mobile Prepaid Sim Cards, June 2, 2013
MobilitySolutions - Sold me 20 T-Mobile Prepaid Sim Card Kits that were Expired. If buying T-Mobile Prepaid Sim Cards from this seller or any other seller: verify the date of activation, as well as, the date of expiration of the sim card itself - before making the purchase.

T-Mobile Prepaid Sim Card Kits that show up from search results, show both: Unactivated and Pre-Activated. However, some sellers don't inform you upon purchase that these kits are pre-activated.

Also - Pay Attention to Sellers selling these T-Mobile Prepaid Sim Card Kits without the "Free (10) ten minutes" of air time. Most times, the picture will show that ($3.34) Free Airt-time is included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Old SIM (likely not to work), August 10, 2011
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
These SIMS are "legacy" (meaning old) items. I bought one and put it in my TMobile phone. I could see other networks, but not TMobile. After multiple calls to tech support, the problem is the SIM - it's too old. The seller of these will say they are still good (through 2013), and it isn't their problem. TMobile does replace them for free; however, you have to physically go to the TMobile store (not just a TMobile rep like an electronics store) it is in very limited locations (nearest to me is out of state - 100+ miles away). They won't ship a new one (unless you buy a brand new one, plus there is the question of where you bought it - Amazon - so they tell you to send it back to the seller).

The seller I dealt with wouldn't take it back since the card was activated (in my case), so basically I have to buy a brand new SIM card. Save yourself the hassle and avoid this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars They are trying to upsell you their services, July 3, 2012
They are trying to upsell you their services. MUST DISCLOSE IN ITEM INFO. I paid for 10 t-mobile activation kits and they sent me email with info that they are activating all the kits for me without my knowledge. Canceled order immediately, contacted amazon support desk.
SCAMMERS

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Overpriced - T-Mobile Sells for 99 cents on its Website, April 24, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
While T-Mobile's prepaid service is good, this seller is seriously gouging Amazon buyers. As a result, this review is focused on the value paid for the product.

T-Mobile sells this *exact same kit* on its website for 99 cents. Plus, you get free shipping if you order direct. The MSRP of $200 has no basis in reality.

[...]

The other advantage is that the kits sold by T-Mobile come with current SIM cards, not older, outdated cards. The outdated cards will work with older phones, but if you want to use it in a new phone you'll need to drive to a T-Mobile retail store and physically swap it out.

Why pay Wireless Everything $5.99 when you can get it from T-Mobile for less than a dollar?

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, November 9, 2011
I got mine from "Wireless Everything" and it just worked. I was able to activate the new 5GB/$30 plan on T-mobile online in no time at all and didn't need to talk to customer support at all.

NOTE: I first terminated my existing T-mobile account on the 30MB/$30 plan

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't need to buy it., April 5, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Just found out the sim card isn't valid(It was defected).
According to a local store, a customer doesn't need to buy a sim card to have a prepaid plan. A sim card is literally "free!" when you buy a prepaid plan.

You don't need to buy it unless you live in a remote place.

1.0 out of 5 stars Activation fail for $30 unlimited net plan with t-mobile., January 19, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Sim Card Prepaid Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Tried to activate the sim and activation code and got rejected by t-mobile prepaid website. Called a rep and they said, I need the activation code from t-mobile or walmart. Previous comments on this product are misleading.

You will not be able to activate the #30 100 talk, unlimited data and text plan with this kit. Down rate me if you want for telling the truth.