5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is the "Bomb"!
Before purchasing this phone, I checked out the iphone and Evo. The Evo didn't turn me on that much. The iphone, although the look and feel is "quality" at the highest, in my opinion, performance lacks. The main reason for me to purchase a cell phone was(is)to have the option to purchase stocks when I'm away from my home computers. Since 4g is not offered here in Florida,...
Published on December 2, 2010 by Les

3.0 out of 5 stars The devil is in the details
I purchased this phone with a 2 year contract, so I really wanted to love it. Unfortunately, I have some issues with it. I rated this item based on the attributes of the phone itself, not T-Mobile's service, and not the Android operating system. But as you need both of these to use the phone I'll include them in my review. I use the phone in a variety of ways...
Published on January 12, 2011 by J. Toms

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Looks and Performance, Poor Durability and Stock Software, January 29, 2011
This review is from: T-Mobile myTouch 4G Android Phone, Black (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
This is certainly T-mobiles best, fastest Android device and has more than adequate RAM. The 8 gig micro SD card that comes with it writes slow at Class 2 and wont be enough storage for most people, but it is upgradeable should you need more. The two major drawbacks of this device are the stock software and fragility.

T-mobile LOADS this phone with too much stock software that you won't need or want, including Yahoo! mail and messaging (on a Google device, really?), games that are not fun and have short demos (Rock Band, Asphalt), and a video chat program called Qik that is difficult to use and prone to failure. And these battery and memory-hogging programs cannot be removed without rooting the device, thereby voiding your warranty.

Not that the warranty will do you any good after you drop your phone. Many people have reported major screen cracks from short falls, setting the phone on the desk face down, or even just carrying it in a pocket. Mine fell a foot onto soft ground WITH a case bought from T-mobile and the screen looked like a spider-web. Most people are used to at least some durability in a cell phone, but with a $130 deductible for the phone (IF you have the insurance coverage), you'll want to be extremely careful with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great but watch your apps and memory, April 28, 2011
I have had this phone for three months now- It works great but if you install applications from the Android Market that can cause chaos with the way the phone operations ( as the apps are 3rd party and not tested for all devices ). Also make sure you clear out your text message's every couple days and clear the cache in the browers and any apps you use a lot. If you do all of these ( and turn the phone off and on every other day ) the phone will work well for you.. Took a month to figure this out, and since I started doing this haven't had any issues :)

Also to preserve battery turn wifi off and for your email if you manually sync your email your battery will last much better! :)

<3 my Mytouch!

5.0 out of 5 stars things to know, June 8, 2011
my last phone was a samsung galaxy s mesmerize. compared to that phone, the mytouch 4g is heavier, a bit bulkier, better built quality, speedier (IMO), better experience. the samsung galaxy crashed on me more often than this mytouch too.

for the 4g, i usually get 1-4mbps.

minor problems:
-the phone sometimes loses the signal (both phone and data) when I browse the web. i would just be sitting there, and all of a sudden i won't have any reception.
-it started squeaking when i squeeze it a bit.
-until skype for android gets video chat, front facing camera is kind of useless. right now, only Qik and Tango allow the mytouch 4g for video chat, and both of them are not famous.

other than that, i enjoyed my mytouch 4g greatly. i bought mine used for $240 on 5/20/11.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, January 11, 2011
Overall a very nice phone. The battery life is not good, but if you use T-mobile WiFi calling feature (change setting to wifi preferred), it saves the battery. I also turn off the data connection when wifi is on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Value 4G phone with tons of features, July 24, 2011
You won't be disappointed with the amount of features and functions this phone offers. HD camcorder, front and rear cameras, fast processor, 8GB SD storage and the list goes on. I have owned this phone for 9-10 months now and love it.
Giving 4 out of 5 stars because it needs to improve on 3 things -- 1. Battery life (I know 4G use drains battery on most phones, but we want more capacity from newer phones to hold battery power for long) 2. In-built Volume level -- this can be made louder in newer versions for playing music on speakerphone 3. Front Design --- can be made a bit more elegant on top and bottom. Rear side looks very nice -- thin and classy.

By the way, I'm still on Android 2.2 OS and waiting for the official 2.3 upgrade (expected in next few days) to be installed on my phone over the air.

Overall, best value for your money! Install some cool android apps (quite a few of them are free), and you'll spend major part of your next couple of years in the company of this cute little beast until some new tech gadget knocks on your door!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, June 23, 2011
The capabilities of this phone are amazing. You can do anything you want with this. Now, if you root your phone is even more amazing. Love this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Phone Let Down By Nasty Skin, May 11, 2011
gkverne (Frederick, MD) - See all my reviews
I was blown away by how high-quality and expensive this phone felt. From the soft-touch metal frame and glass screen to the optical track-pad everything except the power button feels incredible. The power button is too mushy and unreliable, but everything else feels great!

Then, I turned it on. This phone runs Android, but with T-Mobile/HTC's custom version of sense on top. Functionally, it's a pretty good addition to stock Android, but between the foul-looking accents and inconsistent UI the skin ends up taking away from the experience of using the device. Plus, it adds long delays to software updates.

Thankfully, the phone can be easily rooted and runs Cyanogenmod and other custom software installs just fine.

But the bottom line is that this is amazing hardware held back by underwhelming software.

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life is the worst if you want to use its capabilities..., May 9, 2012
I have already owned this for over 16 mo. now. I bought 2 MyTouch 4G for my 17 yr. old daughter and myself and the only big, big headache is the battery life. I use wifi all day long and that is the only one I keep on all the time. It will barely give you 5-6 hours on one charge, so I bought 3 more batteries and 4 more chargers, cars, home and office, and if you want it to last all day you have to have it hooked as much as you can, so it is very inconvenient because when is plug charging you have to leave it unattended or away from you and lose phone calls. Not a good phone if you use it normally. Battery live is bad, bad, bad.
HTC, please fix that problem and you made a good phone otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE This Phone!, December 8, 2011
Scott B (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I got this phone as an upgrade to the Sprint HTC Hero. At the time the Hero was nice, because I had come from Blackberry. I loved the Android operating system (the set up and all) because I'm a PC guy, and it makes sense to me... I can't figure out Macs at all, but I can build a PC. So I wanted a phone that had a familiar operating system, but much higher performance... and that's what I got! It's not the fastest phone on the market anymore, but it's just below the top. The screen is big and nice. My phone looks way better than the Iphone (imo). I don't even carry my digital camera anymore b/c the camera takes GREAT, clear pics. Has auto focus and is extremely easy to share on FB, twitter, txt, etc. It feels good in your hand, and the Swype feature for the keyboard is real nice! You're going to send out some crazy texts if you don't watch out, but you get the hang of it after awhile. It's stable, rarely locks up or hangs up. The genius button is nice as well. It hangs up if you're in a lower reception area, but still real nice when it works right. I would definitely highly recommend it in the $100 or below purchase price range.

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone SUCKS. Total waste of money, December 5, 2011
I bought this phone a year ago, and right off the bat I noticed how terrible the battery life is, I am lucky to get it to last 5 hours before it dies. After about a month I started getting notifications that said my messages app had a force close. And my messaging becomes completelt useless until I restart the phone.and then it deletes every conversation I have on my phone. Also when I turn my phone back on it almost always resends old messages to people all on its own. Currently after a year my phone no longer likes to charge, ive tried several different chargers
Nothing. And by a miracle that I can actually get it fully charged it randomly shuts itself off and when I turn it back on..surprise my battery is dead! My friend has the same phone and almost all the same problems. Biggest waste of money ever.

ARRAY(0x920f72ac)