- Size (LWH): 4.8 inches, 2.6 inches, 0.54 inches
- Weight: 6.56 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 312 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The HTC myTouch 4G sports several upgrades over the myTouch 3G, including a higher-resolution 3.8-inch Capacitive touch display, a 5 megapixel camera, 2nd generation Snapdragon 1GHz processor, and HSPA data speed, all in a thinner body. This Android device also features a front facing camera, HD video recording, WiFi, DLNA wireless video streaming, and full web browser with Adobe Flash. The myTouch 4G smartphone is also equipped with GPS navigation, microSD slot, 3.5mm audio jack, music player, and access to thousands of apps, games, ebooks, movies, and music available on Google's Play Store.
Amazon.com Product Description
The Android-powered T-Mobile myTouch 4G provides a blazing fast Web browsing experience and tight integration with Google services. Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the myTouch 4G is also one of the first smartphones specifically designed for T-Mobile's new HSPA+ network, which delivers downloads at 4G speeds. T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network currently covers 75 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout the United States in 2011 (read more about HSPA+ below).
Enjoy super-fast connectivity with
the myTouch 4G on T-Mobile's 4G
HSPA+ mobile broadband network.
Designed by HTC exclusively for T-Mobile, the new myTouch features a brilliant 3.8-inch touchscreen display with both a virtual QWERTY keyboard and Swype keyboard for easy text input. It's also equipped with a 5-megapixel camera that can capture video in HD 720p resolution, as well as the ability to stay connected to family and friends via spontaneous face-to-face conversations through Video Chat--with or without Wi-Fi (learn more below).
Built on Android 2.2 (also referred to as "Froyo"), the myTouch 4G offers seven customizable home screen panels, including a dedicated panel with one-click access to your favorite Google applications such as Android Market, which currently offers more than 80,000 applications.
With integrated Google technology, the myTouch 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. The myTouch 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The myTouch 4G also includes three exclusive features:
- Genius Button, powered by Dragon Dictation from Nuance, which lets you call, text, e-mail or access the internet with a simple voice command
- Faves Gallery, which offers shortcuts to one's most-contacted family and friends
- myModes, which creates customized home screens for work and home.
Offering quick response and good multitasking, the myTouch 4G is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 1 GHz mobile processor so you can experience powerful entertainment and more right on your device. Other features include Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 4 GB internal memory, included 8 GB microSD cards (and expansion up to 32 GB via optional cards), integrated GPS with navigation capabilities, Visual Voicemail functionality, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
You can also take advantage of T-Mobile's 3G/4G network and share the myTouch 4G's mobile broadband connectivity with your laptop or tablet while on the go using either a tethered USB connection or creating a Wi-Fi Hotspot with your phone that other Wi-Fi-enabled devices can connect to.
Capture HD videos and pictures in stunning detail and video chat with faraway family and friends (white version shown).
Built with families in mind, the T-Mobile myTouch 4G helps solve the challenges of staying physically and emotionally connected by sharing photos and video with the HD Camcorder and spontaneous face-to-face conversations through Video Chat.
Unlike other video-calling solutions on the market that only work through Wi-Fi, Video Chat on the new myTouch 4G enables you to connect with loved ones spontaneously from practically anywhere through T-Mobile's network or Wi-Fi. With the myTouch's front-facing camera paired with Video Chat through Yahoo! Messenger or QIK, you can hold video conversations with friends and family who have a new T-Mobile myTouch, other compatible mobile device, or PC. You can even see who is available to chat through presence information integrated into the myTouch 4G's address book, and have the option to leave Video Mail using Qik when someone is unavailable.
You can also share moments with loved ones in high-definition (HD) using the myTouch 4G's HD 720p camcorder with Screen Share by Twonky, which allows you to share or broadcast HD video and pictures you've captured. With a few touches of the screen, you can share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience (1700/2100 MHz bands; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below).
- Fast 3G connectivity accelerated data speeds and simultaneous voice and data capabilities in areas not yet served by T-Mobile's HSPA+ network.
- Quad-band GSM connectivity for good global voice roaming.
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply)
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device. And with Places, you can easily find nearby points of interest, from gas stations to coffee shops and more.
- 3.8-inch touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type (learn more below).
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash, face finder, and digital zoom.
- HD 720p video capture at 30 fps (frames per second).
- Easy upload to social networks such as Facebook and Flickr, as well as T-Mobile Photobackup.
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music plus MPEG4 video formats.
- Access to online music services including Amazon MP3 for music purchases and Slacker Radio for personalized streaming music.
- FM radio
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi and mobile calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Tethering and mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot capabilities enable you to share your phone's connection to the T-Mobile 3G network with other devices, such as a laptop or tablet (additional charges applicable).
- 4 GB internal memory
- Included 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Pre-loaded games including Rockband, Asphalt 5, Monopoly
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- Document viewer (QuickOffice, PDF)
- HTML Web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, voice memo, calculator, and alarm
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity with mass storage and charging capabilities
- 3.5mm headset/headphone jack
The myTouch 4G weighs 5.4 ounces and measures 2.4 x 4.8 x 0.4 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 288 hours (12 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+).
What's in the Box
myTouch 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB microSD memory card, USB cable, hands-free stereo headset, quick start guide, user manual
T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of November, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ in 75 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
While this 3G-enabled mobile device doesn't offer HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network today.
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard (seen at the right) allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the left, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
its a grreatt phone with tons of free apps available. also, comes with tmobile tv, which has some free channels and other channels available via subscription.
you can have up to 7 pages of "homescreens" where you can store widgets and other frequently used apps.
it comes with an 8gig sd card.
FROYO is very fast! looks beautiful!
comes preloaded with 2 games :a car game and rock band
can "Swipe" instead of texting, for faster and accurate texting
EASY set-up with your emails and social networks.
can call for free using an app called nettalk.
can vid chat with tango.
any other questions, just comment and ill try to get back to you.
one problem though is the volume isnt as loud as i would like...i mean its sufficient, and with a headset its perfect,
but while viewing tv on speakerphone setting, its a bit low.
-super fast processor (1900 on Quadrant), everything runs very smooth with no lagging or force closes; opening apps and browsing is very fast
-call quality seems good; most people have said I sound fine, although every now and then I get a slight echo (could be network related)
-the screen is plenty large, and the phone is surprisingly pocketable and very thin (albeit a bit heavy, which feels secure in hand)
-2.2 has so many great additional features compared to 1.5 (google maps and earth, flash, apps2SD, goggles, chrome2phone, etc.Read more ›
(For a full review search elsewhere, below are some of my like and dislikes)
Love the screen size.
Speaker is awful; if you're alone in a quiet place then it will be fine... In a car, while driving, it is extremely frustrating, crackles too on highest setting. But oddly the ringer can be very loud, alarm too, so why does the speaker have such a low maximum? (Solution Bluetooth car speaker, but still...)
It responsively moves through all the apps, and widgets I use (I love widgets!). This will be an incredible thing if you're upgrading from a G1, MyTouch 3g, or older android phone. I don't bother comparing the tiny speed difference between this and a Samsung Galaxy S, iPhone 4, or Google Nexus One because they are all great on a practical level. So why bother looking at numerical test numbers?
I am not happy with bloatware, but seriously what phone doesn't add it? Most people will not root their phone so you have to live with what's on it, as you will not be able to uninstall apps you do not like. I don't use Rockband (demo), Asphalt 5 (demo), Monopoly (demo), Yahoo, Amazon MP3, and other apps. I do not mind adding all these extras, but it becomes a problem when they do not want you to remove them, makes me angry.
Nice to have a front facing camera, but I don't use video chat and only did to test so I cannot access the overall level if used frequently.
Has HSPA+ capability on it so internet is faster when compared with 3g only phones like Samsung Galaxy S or iPhone 4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this my touch before and i loved it. With this particular purchase i just had to replace the battery. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Rosie De Leon
Came without battery , and i buy it as it look in the picture with battery and back cover but it was no battery and no back doorPublished 19 months ago by david olmos
Very happy with this purchase. Was looking for a new phone forever. Very easy to use and does everything I need it to.Published on February 3, 2014 by Ashley C McGrath
I just got the phone in yesterday. I am very impressed! Much better than my old phone. I highly recommend it.
The shipping was fast as well.
I needed a strong phone that can handle lots of heavy data use and still make crisp phone calls. I also did not want to be like everyone else with their black or white phones. Read morePublished on June 5, 2013 by Mark V. Epelbaum
the sd card slot was broken and erased 16g of memory and wasted 170 bucks on this phone. it wasnt worth the money and it was broken wtf. Read morePublished on March 21, 2013 by Shady
Stay clear of this phone! The battery life is horrible! The play store app use to work now it doesn't and I've tried everything to get it to work.. Read morePublished on February 10, 2013 by Back in time tim
WELL I USED TO LOVE THIS FONE BUT NOW IT START GIVING ME LOTS OF PROBLEM IT KEEP TURNING OF BY ITSELF WENT RECEVING CALLS THE NUMBER DONT SHOW UP THIS MAKE THE SECOND FONE I HAD IT... Read morePublished on August 10, 2012 by SEXYLADY8767
I got this phone 6 months ago, and at first I absoulutley loved it. Then I realized that my battery would always seem to die very quickly. Read morePublished on December 30, 2011 by Alannah