5.0 out of 5 stars K-o-o-l Kettle
Published 19 months ago by Wendy Rush

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product [updated review]
I'm rating this four stars instead of five only because the adjustable temperature doesn't work for me... the water boils no matter what setting I use. If you need this feature, look elsewhere.

Published 16 months ago by Paul S.

5.0 out of 5 stars K-o-o-l Kettle, December 4, 2012
This review is from: T-fal BF6138US Balanced Living 1-Liter 1750-Watt Electric Mini Kettle with (Kitchen)
This is a wonderful small kettle. It heats water up faster than I thought possible. Don't bother walking away to do anything else, as your water will be ready in a flash. I haven't timed it yet, but it is so much faster than a microwave. The three temperature settings are a useful feature. Inside is a metal bottom and the surrounding wall is plastic. I do not know if it is the safe plastic. I looked all over the packaging and inside the booklet to see if it was. There was no information regarding this. It is easy to take off of the base. I like that the electric cord can wind up inside the base, so you only use what cord you need. It shuts off automatically when the desired temperature is reached.

There is only ONE negative feature that I can think of. The level indicator is hard to see. I have to wipe the inside after using if I want to use it again immediately because the condensation makes the "hard" to see water level indicator "impossible" to see. A minor inconvenience, I think.

I would buy this again. It would make a great gift. I have used it for making tea, ramen, and oatmeal thus far. It is so handy to have!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product [updated review], March 17, 2013
Paul S. (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews

However, as a basic water heater, it is excellent. It is quick to heat the water, the auto shut-off works great, and the functionality of the base unit is excellent. The base plugs into the wall, and the kettle turns off when you lift it from the base.

Overall, highly recommended, unless you need the adjustable temperature feature.

*** UPDATE 07/28/2013 ***

I am downgrading this from 4 stars to 3, since the metallic-finish plasticky bottom of the heater keeps shedding its metallic coating, which I can see floating in the water. I have had to rinse it many times, so that too much of this material does not get into my drinks. I would prefer not to drink this stuff, and considered dropping this rating down even further, to 2 stars or even 1, given this occurrence. If this is something that is a big deal to you, I would encourage you to look elsewhere. I did initially buy this because it was one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, adjustable temperature electric water heaters available. However, as I previously mentioned, the variable temperature feature does not work very well anyway. It still heats my water well and has held up, and was very affordable. However, like most of its competitors, it does have its downfalls as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient electric kettle that is quick to boil and easy to use, December 19, 2013
Length:: 1:42 Mins

We drink a lot of tea and coffee in our household. I like to use a French Press most of the time when I make coffee so need boiling water to do that. My wife likes her tea and guess what? She needs boiling water for that too. Well this cool T-fal electric kettle boils 1 liter of water in just bout 4 minutes and 30 seconds. And 1 liter of water is the perfect amount for my both my French Press and her large tea cup.

The electric kettle is two pieces: a lightweight plastic base with a cord wrap underneath and then the Kettle which sits on top of the base. The base has a short-ish cord about 3 feet long. But if your kitchen has an electric outlet really close to where the kettle will be sitting, you can wrap the excess cord around the cord wrap on the bottom of the base... I really like that because it keeps the excess cord hidden away and keeps things neat and tidy (my wife would laugh hysterically if she heard me use the words "neat and tidy" because she thinks I'm a slob. But that's another story for another day.) The kettle can be turned 360degrees while on its base.

Water level is easily seen through a large water level "window" that has a clear mark indicating the maximum water level (1 liter.) It's a little weird that the window extends much higher than the allowable actual water level so you do have to pay attention to the 1liter mark as you fill the kettle or you could easily overfill it causing water to bubble out of the spout when boiling.

The lid has a very easy to use button to unlock the lid for easy filling and cleaning. And speaking of cleaning, if you develop mineral scale inside the kettle because of the type of water you have, you can clean it using vinegar.

The handle of the kettle is easy to hold on to and has a perfectly placed and quite good sized on/off switch. Of course, the kettle shuts itself off automatically once the desired temperature is reached, but it's nice to know that you can turn it off manually if you wish. And you can also simply remove the kettle from the base to turn it off as well.

In my timed test, this brough cold tap water to a rapid boil in just 4 minutes and 30 seconds or so. Not bad. Faster than in the microwave for the same volume of water.

We like this electric kettle a lot. It's nice looking, fast at boiling water and is really easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple kettle, October 23, 2012
I like this electric kettle a lot. It's plastic so it stays mostly cool to the touch. The heating element is concealed, it has a separate base and it shuts itself off automatically; that's good design. The controls are simple. They are also a kind of apple green color, not yellow as they appeared on my computer screen, and I like the green better. The kettle's not large but I like the one-liter size. I've used it several times a day since receiving it a couple weeks ago and it works like a charm, heating a liter of water in about 3 minutes. The only quirk I've had to adjust to is that it shuts off immediately upon reaching boiling, so if you leave the room you may miss the boiling point.

5.0 out of 5 stars super dooper fast...go T-fal, November 13, 2012
and simple to operate. I measured exactly 1 liter and started out at 68 degrees and achieved a full boil in 3 min and 30 seconds. Likewise, I filled a Pyrex container with the same amount at the same 68 degrees a tried my 1300 watt micro and it took 7 min and 35 seconds. It has a well balanced, thick and cool handle plus an on/off thumb switch at the top of handle. I was looking for the fastest kettle available when I noticed the 1750 watt spec for this one. So I bought this kettle, a 1 liter Zojirushi glass vacuum insulated decanter(the one touch to open model) and the #6 cone holder that fits directly into a Zojirushi or Thermos decanter(works with any size glass insulated decanter). I grind the beans then do a 1 liter pour over for exactly 2-16 ounce mugs HOT for at least 5 hours. Not bad, fill water, heat water, grind beans, pour over cone filling the decanter all in about 5 minutes total. I got it down pat. BTW, if you like Columbian try the Kirkland 3 lb bag. Can you tell that I have to much time on my hands?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect answer to a safety problem, February 5, 2013
I purchased this item for my 101 year old father. He insisted upon getting up early (pre-dawn) and making tea by heating water in a kettle on the gas stove. We were very concerned about him using a open flame which he cannot see, and handling a metal kettle with boiling water. This was the perfect answer to our problem. He usually has a great deal of trouble learning to use anything new, but had no difficulty with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, December 14, 2012
Perfect size for my office. It's fast. It boils water in about 3 min. Adjustable temp is very nice option. It shuts off as soon as it reaches the set temp. I didn't have any issues with ergo. Plus I am not holding it constantly. Overall, I am happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, December 30, 2012
I spent about an hour researching electric kettles, and finally settled on this one. Since I usually use it for 1-2 cups of tea, the small size is fine for me. I like that it had a higher wattage than most of the kettles, so it heats more quickly. Even though made of plastic, it does not have any weird smells or feel cheap at all. The bottom inside is metal, but the heating element is not exposed. It is a great little kettle.

4.0 out of 5 stars T-fal simplicity, July 21, 2013
Sansuema (Trinity, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I looked at them all...........all the temp control kettles from top $ to low $. The customer service rep shared with me that the temp are as follow - left to right - 160, 175, 212. I don't need a "keep warm" option as some do for 1/2 hour. Refill thru the screened filter for better performance. Boils really fast and, really worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars This rocks - just got it today - have used it 5 times already!, September 8, 2012
Just got this kettle today - I have been reading all reviews of electric kettles on amazon and got overwhelmed - felt I'd never find a kettle that was durable/good performing. Then saw this today for sale at a store and grabbed it, just decided to try it and knew I could return it if it was horrible. Brought it home, plugged it in, read instructions - just pour water in, set on base, push button, wait for button to turn off and it boils at SUPERFAST speed. Used it to boil water for pasta and corn tonight and now making tea. It's nice looking and stainless inside. THRILLED. I will update this after using it for awhile.

Rate and Discover Movies