4.0 out of 5 stars It's beautiful BUT
It is a beautiful set of cookware!!! BUT.... There are no lids for the saute pans. I thought the lids that came with the dutch oven and sauce pan would fit the saute pans....but they don't. :( I am very disappointed.
Published on February 27, 2010 by A. Kaldaru

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not complete
I really wanted to give this set higher marks, but a couple of things kept the score as only okay.

Published on July 16, 2012 by BornToBeMild

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It's beautiful BUT, February 27, 2010
This review is from: T-fal C839SA64 Performance Stainless Steel Copper Bottom 10-Piece Cookware Set, Silver (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, September 25, 2009
It's a pleasure to cook with these pans. They are beautiful! I haven't had any problems with food sticking or difficulty cleaning up. They heat quickly and evenly. Be sure to use a lower temperature than you would with non-stick pans. They feel very sturdy.

I wish they had made them so each lid fit a pot and saute pan, like my boyfriend's Cuisinart set. But considering that I picked these up for less than half the price of his set... I'm certainly not complaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality at Low Price, August 11, 2010
It's now been about six months since I purchased a set of T-Fal stainless steel pots and pans. They have performed beyond my expectations. The heat distribution is even in all the pans, even the biggest frying pan. I was worried about sticking and clean up but found that if you turn the heat down a little sticking is really not a problem and clean up is easy. They especially clean up well using a stainless steel powder cleaner like Bar Keepers Friend. They are not too heavy and are easy to lift. They would be a bargain at twice the price. I very highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Good, December 31, 2010
First off, let me preface my review by saying that I formally owned a set of T-Fal non-stick set, and a set of cast iron.

Pro's:
Relatively inexpensive
Heats evenly
Cleans Easily
Can use the pots and pans in the oven (and lids below 300 degrees F)
Lids can be used in the pans so long as you don't have much in the pan
No non-stick coating in your food!

Con's:
Side walls of the pans are quite thin and feel a bit flimsy
The 8-inch pan is so light and the handle so heavy that without anything inside, it tips over (jad the same problem with my T-Fal non-stick set)
Lids are not designed to sit on top of the pans like on my old T-Fal non-stick set, but can be used inside them (I cook an egg in the morning in the 8-inch pan with the small lid set in the pan)

Other Thoughts:
I could be wrong, I don't see a big difference between this set and the Elegance stainless. The Elegance set has different handles (lighter handles, maybe the 8-inch pan won't tip over?), lacks the copper plate in the base, and doesn't have the copper plating underneath (not sure how much good that does anyway).

It would be nice of T-Fal to provide more technical specifications, such as the gauge of the metal used in the different parts of the pan, and maybe a comparative infrared photo showing the Elegance and Performance series under heat on a burner.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this set, the handle doesn't get hot while cooking, March 28, 2011
B. Le (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
We own both sets: this Performance Stainless 10 piece set and the Ultimate 12 piece set. The Ultimate is cheaper and has more pots, however the handle is getting hot while cooking and making it uncomfortable to cook. We like this Performance set better and wish that T-fal makes more pots of this style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not complete, July 16, 2012

First of all, the positives: They are pretty, which I like, but as Forrest Gump said, "Pretty is, as pretty does!" (or doesn't). I also like the glass covers. The handles have something inside them that are great at dissapating (sp?) the heat. They have a bit of heft and weight to them, and are reasonably well balanced so bottoms stay more-or-less flush to the cooking elements.

Two big gripes though:
The handles are riveted to the pot/pan, and therefore there isn't a smooth finish inside. That really annoys me for some reason.

Also, the lids only fit the pots, and not the frying pans. For the price of this set, I would have figured that T-Fal would make it so that the large pot lid fit the large frying pan as well. Who always uses a frying pan without a lid? Certainly not me, so now I have to do work arounds. It'd be better if T-Fal offered replacement lids for the frying pans, but I haven't been able to find any for this model. Very, very annoyed at this. In hindsight, I would have bought the Revere Ware because I know that those lids are interchangeable.
A relatively minor gripe is that the lid handles are riveted to the glass covers and have silicon washers to keep the handles flush and tight. I wonder how durable those washers are, and how long they will hold up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the money., November 17, 2010
I moved from horrible "college guy" pots to these. What a difference.
I am not a professional by far, but for $100 I do not think there is a better deal.
I have looked at better ones and though I think they may use a thicker gauge steel, these are right up there.
They get hot fast, clean easy and feel solidly made. I have not really found any weaknesses.
The better brands offered features like see through lids and copper bottoms.
Both features you can get with these for nearly $80 less.
Great buy, packaging and registration website.
You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars T fal, February 1, 2010
Bought as a Christmas gift, arrived timely, good weight to the pots and pans, easy to clean and evenly cooks just as promised, receiver of gift loves this set....may get one for myselfT-Fal Performance Stainless Steel Copper Bottom Cookware, 10 Piece Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stainless Cookware!, April 3, 2012
After using my girlfriend's stainless set when I stay over at her place, I decided to finally replace my aging nonstick signature T-Fal cookware with the stainless set.

Excellent cookware! Have not had any issues so far with performance or reliability. Heats evenly (just make sure you use lower temps) and cleans easily.

My only complaint with this set--which I bought locally-- is that it does not come with the stainless turner and spoon pair. My package came with cheaper Bakelite/plastic versions of the turner and spoon. Not a big deal but a bad decision of T Fal to cut costs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Induction friendly cookset, that requires proper care., June 7, 2012
For those of you who are wondering if the pots and pans are compatible to induction stove tops, they are. I bought this product for this very reason.

The items are sturdy. The only gripe I have is that they do stain rather easily. You have to immediately dry them or else the copper may green and white stains may appear on the steel. The copper rust and white stains appeared to my dismay after my first washing.

I was however able to get the stains out with Bar Keepers Friend cleaner (powder), thankfully. The stains came off in one washing. This has allowed me to keep the pots and pans looking like new.

Not bad for an inexpensive set.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›