5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Iron
T-fal irons have great sole plates that glide over the clothes you are ironing. I have owned many brands and after I bought one of these, about 10 years ago, I never wanted another brand.
They last about 3 years and then its time to get another. I have owned 3 in the last 10 years and they all gave me the same fine performance.
Just keep the bottom sole plate...
Published on May 8, 2008 by KEN TELLS ALL

3.0 out of 5 stars very good for the price
It is a decent iron and glides easily on fabric. You need to pay attention to your water quality not to end up having white residue on the fabric, just use purified or ironing water. It's a good buy for the price.
Published on September 13, 2008 by E. Calki

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Iron, May 8, 2008
This review is from: T-fal FV3266003 Ultraglide Diffusion Iron with Auto-Off and Vertical Steam, Lilac (Kitchen)
Just keep the bottom sole plate clean and do not leave water in the iron's tank when you have finished ironing. The iron works with regular city tap water. If you have hard water it is suggested that you use bottled distilled water.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-fal Ultraglide Steam Iron - Great Iron for good price, July 12, 2008
M. Cranford (Kerrville, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this iron. It does everything the description said it did and makes the chore of ironing easier. This is the second T-fal iron I've owned. The first one lasted for about 9 yrs. without any problems, so I knew it was the brand I wanted when the old one finally quit working. I shopped around and found this one at Amazon.com for a very competitive price. I received it whithin five days of placing my order even with the free shipping. Ironing has never been one of my favorite chores, but it's one that can't be avoided even with all the wash and wear clothing available. This iron glides smoothly over the fabric and the steam is evenly distributed without "sputtering" on the fabric. I also like the extra long cord and the auto-off control. I highly recommend this iron, even if you don't like ironing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots and lots of steam!, May 30, 2008
WestyPDX (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
After using this iron for the past week, it's clearly the best iron I've ever owned, but I wouldn't rate it up against professional-level irons. It's just a great, everyday iron with a good weight and feel to it, is easy to fill and empty, has an INCREDIBLE steam output, and a super-slick soleplate. It really does do the business against wrinkles, even with heavier weights of cotton.

I'm only giving it 4 stars since the temperature dial is a bit inconveniently placed, so my fingers knock the dial every now and then, plus it doesn't seem to have a true "off" other than by unplugging it. On a positive note, the cord length is very generous, eliminating the need to use an extension cord with it, at least for me.

When I first saw this iron online I initially dismissed it due to it being purple, but when I saw it in person at a local store, it turned out to be quite a pleasing shade ... of lilac. So if you're in the market for a good everyday iron with all the right features, this may be the one you're looking for, even if it's not an everyday blue.

4.0 out of 5 stars T-Fal Iron, July 4, 2008
After reading reviews on zillions of irons I decided on the T-Fal. I didn't even know that T-Fal made irons just kitchen cookware. The iron is very good with steam, shot of steam, and spray. My only complaint is that if you are doing a big load or ironing and you need to refill the water container the iron must stay flat on your ironing board in order to fill the container. I guess if you had a "plate" of some sort for the iron to sit on it might be better. My worry was that by the time I filled the container my ironing board cover would be burning. Fortunately that did not happen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good iron, July 22, 2008
After extensive research (including the top-rated Black & Decker iron from Consumer Reports and top reviews from Amazon.com), I decided on this T-Fal iron. Overall, I'd say that I am satisfied, but not extremely satisfied. The iron does not leak -- which has been a big problem with all previously-owned Rowenta irons (which I will never buy again). However, it still doesn't get as hot as I would like. Tough wrinkles in cotton do not come out, even when I use the burst of steam or a spray of water. For the price though, this is a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this iron., October 22, 2009
This is the second T-fal iron I've owned. The first one I brought at Sam's and when it stopped working after 10 years I searched all over town for a new one but couldn't find one except online. I ordered it and received it in just 3 days. I let me neighbor borrow it and she loved it so much, she ordered one also. It works so well and most of the time you don't need to use spray starch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost enjoy ironing, June 18, 2008
This is a nice light weight iron that glides over the fabric so easy. It heats up fast, and steams real well. The water is visible so you know when to refill and how much to put in. The ultra modern design and color make the chore almost enjoyable. I definitely would purchase this model iron again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Steam Iron ever!, October 28, 2008
This T-Fal iron is one of the best iron I have owned and the price was amazing. I admit that I wasn't sure how good it would perform but reading other reviews I decided to give it try.
I have owned much more expensive irons than this and have become frustrated with their performance. But the steam from this is far superior- doesn't leak and it is so light that it isn't as hard a chore, in fact I don't mind having to iron at all. It makes great creases and so easy to iron and my clothes look so much better.
My only remark would be that the cup to fill the iron could be a little bigger but that is so minor.
I was on the verge of buying the "other" expensive brand but know now that I made a very good choice.
I would suggest to anyone looking for a nice lightweight, good performing steam iron to buy this one, you won't be dissappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you get more than what you pay for., September 18, 2008
CS (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I honestly believe that at this price point, you can't get a better iron for your money. I recently moved from the UK to the US and had a T-Fal iron there which I was very satisfied with. So while I was briefly tempted to go with a more "bells and whistles" model, I trusted the brand and went for the frugal option. I couldn't have made a better decision:

- The iron glides like a charm! To me that's the most important feature of an iron. Hardly any force is necessary to move it across the fabric.
- Refilling water is easy. The "max" indicator assumes the iron is flat on the surface. But you might as well refill while it's standing up. No problem.

My only gripe might be that the amount of steam seams to be linked to the temperature/fabric setting. My previous iron had a separate slider. I would have preferred that. Nevertheless I always had enough steam so far.

In conclusion, this iron is excellent value for money. I don't see a reason why to spend more on an iron (you could spend easily twice as much as this one costs) when the T-fal FV3266003 does its job so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron!, July 21, 2008
R. Orr (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
We have had this iron almost a month and so far it is working wonderfully! My husband, who embarrassingly enough does most of the ironing, loves this iron. He cannot say enough good things about it. It moves so easily across the fabric and works really well. We are very pleased!

ARRAY(0xa32eec0c)