Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2012
The removable plates was a major reason for selecting this waffle iron. I'm very happy with how easy it is to wash the waffle plates since they can be soaked in water or put in the dishwasher.

(With our previous waffle iron, I spent a lot of time trying to get it clean, which I was never able to do satisfactorily with a paper towel or sponge. It would get sticky from the oil and extra things like bananas that we added to the waffles...and it seemed gross to wipe it off and put it away in the cupboard like that).

The quality of the waffles seems very good. My kids like it when we make extras and then they can heat them up in the toaster for a quick hot breakfast on a school day. Waffles with mini chocolate chips are their favorites.

This waffle iron does not have a light or timer that will tell you when the waffles are done. But that is not a problem for me -- as soon as I pour the batter in, I set my stove timer for three minutes and that is just the right time for my waffles to cook. The waffle maker heats up again for the next batch very quickly. I had debated about whether we really needed a waffle iron, since we could always make pancakes. However, making waffles is much easier than babysitting pancakes that have to be watched for bubbles and flipped. Those three minute intervals can actually be used to do other kitchen tasks -- without worrying about burning the breakfast.

I've only made sandwiches a couple of times...and my family seemed pleased with the sandwiches, both their nice appearance and that they were cooked very well (much better than if they had been fried in a pan). We are looking forward to trying a variety of new hot sandwich recipes.
22 comments|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
I really really really wanted to love this waffle maker/sandwich grill-er. The main issue is that with the removable griddle parts, that for some reason the heat is not evenly distributed. I think part of this can be attributed to the density of the pieces. They seem to be fairly thin and not distribute heat evenly. It's a damn shame because I love most other things about this waffle make.

Because of the issue mentioned above, sandwiches and waffles get kind of crisp and perfect in the middle, but then on the outside are not cooked as much. This is fine for a sandwich, but it makes me mad with the waffles! I want a crispy evenly cooked waffle! They aren't bad or anything, I'm still eatin' em with my mouth and stuff, but serious! I want a nice even, crispy waffle and I didn't even realize it until this purchase. I'm going to use this for a while but I will upgrade at some point. My parents twenty dollar waffle iron does just as good a job as this.

Recommended if you want a waffle maker that can do sandwiches as well, otherwise, do your self a favor and get a real waffle iron...
on January 27, 2011
This is truly an "easy clean" appliance. We have tried both the waffle maker plates and the "snak" or sandwich maker plates. The plates attach and remove easily and clean up in the dishwasher. The waffles come out of the plates without effort, and it is very easy to use. I would recommend this to everyone.
22 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 15, 2013
I cant fault the sandwiches or waffles this creates.

I am concerned that the hot plates protrude from the sides when in use (see my picture) . My larger sandwich maker has protective covers on these side pieces to prevent burning your hands. You have to be careful you don't touch these small protrusions. They are marked "hot", but in a very small, non contrasting, text. The first time I used it, I moved the sandwich maker and received a nasty burn on my finger. I was concerned enough about this design flaw that I reported it to CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

Another complaint is the hot plates do no go all the way to the back of the unit, leaving a lip that can see the contents of your sandwich ooze in to a small and hard to clean gap between the plate and the back of the unit.
review image
on October 2, 2012
Our T-Fal EZ Clean Nonstick Interchangeable Plates Sandwich and Waffle Maker arrived via FedEX this morning...just in time for lunch! After reading a number of the reviews on Amazon, I knew this was the one I wanted to buy. I had a waffle maker years ago and it was a real PITA to clean. I never used it and eventually threw it out. I love the removable and interchangeable plates. Washed and inserted the waffle plates, plugged it in, waited for the green light to appear and it was ready for use. Since I was anxious to try this appliance and didn't want to start making batter from scratch, I used a can of Batter Blaster that I had in the fridge. (This happens to be a great product for waffles and pancakes!) I [ut it on the griddle, closed the lid and set the timer for 3 minutes. Three minutes is the right amount of time for waffles. They were excellent, easily removed from the plate and ready to make the next batch. I was going to season the plates with oil before using it initially but the instructions didn't call for it so I didn't...and there was no need to do so...NO STICKING! And when I was done, I let the unit cool and took the plates out and put them into the dishwasher...couldn't be easier. I haven't tried the sandwich plates yet but am looking forward to doing so! I would definitely recommend this item to anyone looking for a waffle maker...and the fact that it has a duel purpose and can make sandwiches too...you can't beat it! Bon Appetit!
on January 2, 2012
I purchased this one to replace a cheaper one we bought years ago. The other one still works, but we have not used it in several years because we can't sufficiently clean it. This one makes pocket sandwiches and waffles, but I bought specifically for the sandwiches. The plates easily remove for cleaning. Only attempt to remove them after they have completely cooled. Although this unit was about twice the cost of the cheaper one that can be found on Amazon or locally in stores like Wal-mart or Target, I completely recommend this one because it can be perfectly cleaned while the cheaper one cannot. My old one still has cheese baked onto the unit from several years ago. Trust me when I say, aged cheese is not always the best... LOL
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2013
Basically, the plastic handles and clips are far to weak to take the load of compressing a toasted sandwich. On the very first use I broke the plastic clip that holds the toaster shut.
So, with handle broken, I completed toasting my sandwich by holding it closed; then after dinner I bought a Breville sandwich maker, which would have been the correct action in the first place.
The comments on cleaning, etc. are all valid. what a mess............

Unusual for T-fal, their stuff is usually really good.
on May 12, 2013
We bought this because our previous one, after about 20 years of use, died. ...It's pretty good for its size.... Just wish it were bigger, like four waffles instead of two. ...The waffles are somewhat thinner than a Belgian, but still taste great. ...We just eat twice as many!! ...One thing you have to be careful of is putting too much waffle mix in it. ...If it "overflows", you've got a mess to clean up. ...We had to use a toothbrush to remove all the overflow. ...But, ....if you're careful, "no worries"! ...It's a great product. ....I'd buy it again!
on November 21, 2012
Do not buy this product. It sounds like a good idea to have the interchangeable plates but it is not. I tried to make the waffles and came out ok, but the batter gets everywhere and even behind the plates which makes it a nightmare to clean. I am returning this item. Not worth it. I am getting a plain waffle maker with plates that cover all the cooking areas. The plates on this one are too small and the batter always gets in the plastic areas.
on April 17, 2011
This is a great sandwich toaster, the best thing is the plates are removable, that makes them easy to clean. They are oversized to fit regular bread with lots of stuffings. Makes great stuffed sandwiches. Put some butter on top and bottom to make them crispy. I havent used the waffle maker yet, but I am sure it works well. I was surprised there werent many sandwich makers in the market as small griddlers/grills, just a handful.. so choosing this was easy. Enjoy.. cheers.