5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Ultraglide
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:39 Mins
I never realized that there was a big difference between irons. Part of the reason is that I have used the same iron for 15+ years (which you can see in the video portion of the review). However, once we began using the T-fal PUltraglide we realized that our old Subeam iron is certainly dated technology.

Observations

- The...
Published on February 19, 2012 by CKE

T-fal FV4476003 Ultraglide Easycord Iron, Green
Published on April 27, 2012 by Riley's Nana

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Ultraglide, February 19, 2012
This review is from: T-fal FV4476 Ultraglide Easycord Auto-Off Steam Iron with Ceramic Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate Anti-Drip and Scale System, 1700-Watt, Teal (Misc.)
Length:: 2:39 Mins

Observations

- The non-stick coating/pattern on the bottom really does seem to work. It does reduce the friction between the iron and the fabric - this helps to reduce some of the fatigue induced when you have multiple items to iron.

- The iron can be used as an upright steamer (see the video) certainly a feature our old Sunbeam never had.

- Nice wide and sturdy stand helps to reduce the likelihood of tips.

- The fabric selector is pretty straight-forward and easy to use

- Very easy to fill with water

- Lightweight and easy to use

Final Verdict - An easy to use non-stick iron. We really like the T-fal iron and it is certainly is a significant upgrade over our Sunbeam iron.

5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars The best iron I've ever used or owned., December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was extremely excited about receiving this iron because mine was out of date and cheaply made, to say the least. The first thing I noticed when I opened the box and got it out to use it, is that it has a sealed door where you pour the water into the iron. This was a huge plus because I don't like the water running back down the iron onto my clothes if there's any drops left on it or if I accidentally overfilled. It's extremely easy to fill with water and use. The weight is perfect. It's not extremely light, but it has enough weight to it, so that you don't have to apply much pressure when ironing. I sew, so I use this iron for everything from ironing interfacing, seams, and patterns to ironing regular every day things such as work pants and button up shirts. The soleplate is pointed for getting in every crease and crevice, no matter how small. It has a really smooth surface as well, so it glides over anything I iron with ease. It's settings are extremely easy to use as they aren't number settings, they are fabric type, so there's no guessing which number it needs to be on for cotton, silk, wool, etc. The spray steam produces an even mist and works great for getting out stubborn wrinkles and for creasing pants and it doesn't leave huge water spots all over my clothes like my last iron. You can choose the amount of steam the iron puts out on a separate dial, so you don't have to have steam with whatever fabric setting you choose. My old iron had that all built into one dial, so for cotton, I automatically had steam, even if I didn't want it. I really like the way the cord is made. It stays out of my way while I'm ironing and winds easily around the base when not in use. I love the pretty color on this too. My best friend has a Rowenta iron that was suppose to be top of the line, and after only having it a few months, the base broke on it and it won't sit upright without falling over. On top of that, it was huge and bulky. So, I highly recommend this iron to anyone wanting a nice iron with all the bells and whistles without the huge price tag.

1.0 out of 5 stars The T-fal FV4476003 Ultraglide Easycord Iron showed me that I really can iron after-all!, April 27, 2012
T-fal FV4476003 Ultraglide Easycord Iron, Green
I always thought that I just could not iron until I used this one. I have always dreaded and hated ironing because no matter how hard I tried, I was just lousy at it. My clothes never had that great crisp-ironed look that I wanted. It was time for a new one and since I have come to trust the reviews on Amazon, I researched Amazon's site for irons and decided to purchase the T-fal Ultraglide Easycord Iron. First off, it arrived earlier than expected and in great packaging. I am just so thrilled with this iron. I had a Rowenta years ago but it was heavy and I did not get the results that I now get with my new T-fal--- and ---I paid a third of the price for this one. Often I will iron in the morning but am anxious because it takes me forever to do even a half-way-decent job. Now I actually get excited because I know my clothes will look great and the time it will take to iron is cut by at least 75%. No kidding! I complete my ironing so very fast and beautifully now that it is almost too good to be true.

The only improvement that I wish T-fal would make for this iron going forward is to make the water level easier to see.

As always, I am so grateful to Amazon for giving us the opportunity to read reviews and make informed decisions before making a purchase.

UPDATE MAY 27 2012: Sadly, I do not know what is wrong with the iron but something is definitely wrong. I think I received that iron another customer review referred to; WATER POURS OUT OF THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE IRON. I so loved this iron and only used it a couple of times before this started. I hear a sound inside the iron that sounds like a "spring breaking". My cutoff to return the iron or exchange it for a new one ended yesterday. I don't believe it. Why is it that some of these irons are perfect yet others are defective. I will purchase another because this has to be defective. Will hang in there to give another chance for this product.

GREAT NEWS FROM AMAZON: They have already sent out a replacement and I should receive it in just a few days. THANK YOU AMAZONE ONCE AGAIN FOR STANDING BY YOUR EXCELLENT SERVICE RECORD! WILL POST UPDATE AS SOON AS IT COMES IN AND I HAVE USED IT A FEW TIMES. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! THIS IS WHY I CONTINUE SHOPPING WITH AMAZON!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this iron!!!!, January 11, 2012
I have bought so many different brands of irons over the past few years, it's ridiculous. You name it, I've bought it.....Rowenta, Kaloric, Black and Decker, etc., etc. They either stopped working, did not get hot enough, or did not put out enough steam. I have been on the hunt for a good iron, so I decided to give this iron a try because of the good reviews, and all I can say is "WOW"!!!! I love everything about this iron. I love that the opening to fill the tank is large, the iron heats up quickly, the great output of steam, it just glides over the clothes because of the non-stick soleplate, and it is not heavy. This iron has 1700 watts, which makes ironing a breeze. When my mother used the iron for the first time, she commented how quickly she got done ironing. Get this iron.....you will not regret it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Iron, November 20, 2011
Dr. Stuart Gitlow (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's nothing like continuous steam to allow for easy ironing of cotton shirts. I get annoyed, however, when steam irons leak water all over the ironing board and the clothing being ironed. Luckily, the T-Fal doesn't suffer from this distressing symptom. Nothing comes out the base but steam, and extra steam comes out at the push of a button. A second button sprays a watery mist in front of the iron. Overall, this particular iron was quick to heat, easy to operate, and ran along cotton and linen articles easily thanks to the smooth base surface. I was particularly impressed with the structure of the AC cord and the handle, which allows the iron to be seated without any tendency to tip. The cord is quite long, easily able to reach a floor wall outlet even if your ironing board is some distance from the wall.

One downside - no groove is present within the base for buttons. The base itself has a lip, but the lip is just a bit too high for shirt buttons. The difference is probably one of millimeters, so this wasn't a sufficient problem to cause me to remove a star from my review.

The iron has the usual adjustment capabilities for heating temperature and steam energy. The water filling port is placed in such a way that the iron can be filled from even low bathroom sink faucets. The water content can be easily seen through the clear blue plastic (it looks like an early Bondi Blue iMac). I'm very pleased with the iron and would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ambidextrously good., January 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do not iron as much as my wife. Though I think I do just fine, she doesn't want me ironing her things. She also doesn't want me to iron anything I might wear if we are in public together. Darn, that doesn't leave me with as much to iron. She really knows how to hurt my feelings. Bummer. (Have I overdone it?)

She irons right-handed; I iron left-handed. I have used irons that have the cord out of the way for righties but definitely in the way for lefties. This iron has an equally out of the way cord.

The spray controls are also centrally located and work with either hand. The water fill has a large opening that is easily used with anything having a pour spout.

The temperature dial is the least easily used feature but it's also the least used, so that is not a deal breaker and is no worse than some feature of other irons.

This iron will stand on it's end without having to somehow coax the cord to stay in one perfect position. This feature just works great and far better than other irons we've used in the past several years.

It irons smoothly, too.

This is a "keeper".

1.0 out of 5 stars Woefully Disappointed!, July 3, 2012
I bought this iron to replace my over six year old iron by the same company, same sole plate. I was very happy with the previous iron, never a problem never an issue. Just six years of great service.
Nothing has changed in the way we iron, but this iron started within the first month to leave deposits of rust on our clothes. We followed instructions and cleaned it out. Then the sole plate accumulated the starch after a few shirts leaving a burnt on brown mark in the middle of the sole plate!
I am convinced that this otherwise exceptional company has changed manufacturer. The new product looks the same, but something is lacking in the quality and service of an otherwise dull appliance.

We are returning this item after three months of spotty, sub standard performance. Price of progress I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good iron at a reasonable price, January 9, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I iron a lot, and for the last eleven years I've been using a Rowenta Steam Iron. The first one lasted 10 years and then the cord had safety issues, so I purchased another Rowenta Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master 1700 Watt Steam Iron with 400-Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate. The new Rowenta is okay, but then I got to compare it to this T-fal.

Variable steam setting - great feature to have for more delicate clothes, compared to full steam for my usual cotton shirts and slacks

Telescoping cord - This is great and all irons should have this! The cord angles up 90 degrees to make it easy to store and keep it out of your way.

Auto-off - Again, I think all irons should have this. (Have you ever left the house and weren't sure you turned the iron off????)

Steam -Although my current Rowenta has more steam holes, this T-fall has a lot more than some others and gives out a good amount of steam.

Water Fill - This is actually easier to fill than my Rowenta. I still wish it was easier to see the water level as I am ironing.

Nonstick soleplate - I have only used stainless soleplates for the last eleven years, so I honestly can't say how well this nonstick one will hold up.

It is definitely not as heavy as my Rowenta so I do need to press down a little more, but overall I think this is a great iron for the money and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a mid-priced iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nonstick iron., November 16, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have personal tendency to like T-Fal products (which we call Tefal in Europe), but our previous T-Fal Iron had issues. Now this replacement Ultraglide iron fixes all our problems, and is running great so far.

The main issue was, while supposedly non-stick, some kind of residue had built up on the previous one (not calcium, but something else). However, this new model is shiny as the first day, even after plenty of heavy use. The main difference is the bottom surface: the material is much more durable, and higher quality.

Other than that, you get the modern features from all T-Fal irons: teflon surface, i.e.: glides perfectly; it has a mechanism that prevents drips if the iron is not hot enough for the water to evaporate; the cord is very easy to maintain; tons of safety features, almost makes it idiot proof in preventing fires; and so on. So you get the basic modern package. And it has some extras, like limited support for vapor-ironing for hanged suits.

One thing curious was the instructions specifically telling to use tap water, and never filtered ones. So far, with all our previous irons, we've preferred filtered water to reduce calcium buildups. But this one has a filter, which you have to clean every month, and somehow does dot recommend pure water. I'm going with their word, and have not run into any issues yet.

Overall, given the quality/price value, I'd definitely recommend this product. Unless you're looking for a very professional one, this is a very very good choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars drip, drip, DRIP!!, September 7, 2012
Amazon Customer (Madison, AL United States) - See all my reviews
Extremely disappointed in this iron. It drips every everywhere each time I use it, leaving water marks all over our clothes. Extremely disappointing and frustrating.