Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on October 17, 2010
Ignore the negative review for this item. Here are the steps to get your new sim card activated. It's very easy. 1) Call Tmo at the number provided on the card. 2) Go through the automated response and push zero. You're only interested in talking to a live operator. 3) Ask to do a "SIM CARD SWAP." You might get transferred to tech support. Doesn't matter. 4) The operator will ask you to confirm the sim number (the really long number at the bottom) and for you to confirm your phone number. For security purposes, they'll ask for the last for digit of your social. Sim card swaps take minutes to be effective. Enjoy your new sim card.
77 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2010
This item is a replacement SIM card for someone that already has a T-Mobile account. I bought this item thinking i could insert it into my unlocked iPhone. This is not the case. If that is what you would like to do then i would recommend getting the "T-Mobile USA (Tmobile T Mobile) SIM Card and Prepaid Activation Kit" from amazon. It worked great with my iPhone.

I'm sure that if i needed a replacement SIM card this product would have served it's purpose, so technically it's my fault for getting this without looking into it more.

Hopefully this offered some assistance to those with unlocked iPhones who would like to use T-Mobile service with it.
55 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2013
for something so inexpensive. you think they could get this right. advertised as new/unactivated, BUT... it isn't card was over 3 months expired, so tmobile won't even activate it. but when i called tmobile they shipped me a new one for free :). not even worth contacting vendor for return or replacement since it was only 3 bucks. still kind of annoying
on May 27, 2010
I lost my sim card while in the UK. T-mobile do not ship internationally so I would've been without calls/emails/texts for a few weeks had I not found these guys on Amazon. This sim card does exactly what it says it does. It's a replacement sim (not a pre paid). I ordered it with expedited shipping and it arrived 48 hours later to the address in England. I phoned up T-mobile gave them the sim number (that's clearly written on the card) and was back up and running in less then 5 minutes. Great service, thank you.
on June 12, 2013
The sim card I received is past it's active by date of 3/25/2013 . It can not be activated and is no good.
on April 29, 2015
I have old iPhone 3GS needed to restore to factory settings and restore from previous back up in Mac. Problem was it kept asking for SimCard.
I purchased this T-Mobile Sim Card and it activated the hardware immediately and was able to restore from iTunes backup on Mac.

Don't worry it doesn't activate a line with T-Mobile just that the iPhone needs Sim Card to activate the hardware. Once you do, you can restore from iTunes backup without issue and use it like an iPod Touch which is what I'm doing. Is now my nightstand alarm clock in all is beautiful display.

Extremely reasonable price and my old 3GS gets to live outside of a box. Seller delivers quickly and this is truly a no brainer.
Hope that helps :-)
on February 23, 2015
We got this as a replacement sim for my daughter's phone. Her old phone took a different size, and we didn't want to wait for tmobile or pay almost double Amazon's price to get it in store. We already had her on our plan, so we just had to go online under our account and put in the new sim number. Up and running in under 5 minutes. Works great!
on September 15, 2010
The SIM card arrived in padded envelope in about 2 days. As indicated in the product name, this is a *replacement* SIM, so no activation kit is included. It suits my purpose well - I used it to replace my lost SIM by contacting the T-Mobile customer service. However, if you want a new line, then this is probably not the right product for you.
on August 10, 2012
Ordered this from seller Masterdeals. I'm in California and it arrived in 6 days including a weekend. It works fine.

I used a sim cutter to chop it down to micro-sim size for use in a Samsung Galaxy S3. When I first saw the card I thought the gold contact portion looked larger than shown in the picture, and I was worried the sim cutter would break the card. It just barely fit - no margin whatsoever, but still works.

To activate it I called T-mobile at the number at the back of the card. I told the operator I wanted to transfer my phone number from my existing prepaid account to a new SIM. I'd forgotten my PIN number, but was able to "prove" my identity by providing a phone number that I had called in the past week (a bit weak of a security measure, but that's another topic). They asked for the number printed on the back of the card, then told me to put the new card in my phone, and wait two hours or so for a text message. I did so and the text came very quickly. The whole process took only about 15 minutes.
on September 24, 2012
I tried what the other positive reviewers said but to no avail T-Mobile was going to charge me $20 to use this SIM card. It was cheaper to just get another phone.

When I contacted Cougar Cell (the seller) they told me, "It's been a while since we last contacted you. This in regards to the purchase on amazon. I see that you were having problem with activation.The sim card we sold you was for number transfer only.We still gave you a full refund as we want all our customers happy." They DID refund my money today (I ordered in May 24th and they refunded it today, September 24th) so I didn't lose any money but I wish that the info about it being for number transfer only would have been in the item description.