Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: T70 Google Android 7" Tablet (Android 2.3)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 6, 2011
I purchased this tablet originally to load movies onto for a trip in the car for my 6 and 4 year old kids. However, I ended up buying two of them in order to restore domestic tranquility.

o It is not the fastest tablet out there, but it can play back H.264 encoded movies fine.
o It needs a SD card due to the small amount of on-board memory, but those are relatively inexpensive.
o It has Android 2.3 and the Android Market so you can download apps to the tablet.
o It can play Angry Birds BUT... (more on that in a second)

At the price I paid before the recent price reduction, I thought it a good value for the kids. It survived the trip, except one of the power supplies had the DC plug stepped on and broke it. It was very difficult to find a replacement power supply so I had to solder a new one on (not for the faint of heart).

Now, here is my major beef with this tablet - IT DOES *NOT* SUPPORT MULTITOUCH! When you put two fingers on the screen, it does not identify two finger presses. Using applications on the Market, I was able to verify this when the point it selected was in between the two finger touches! This is problematic for applications or games that require the use of multitouch in order to work right (aka Angry Birds - you can not zoom in or out, only pan!)

I am now having problems with the Android Market on the tablet - applications that existed previously do not show up in searches. Something is wrong, but I cannot blame the tablet just yet. I may have to do a factory reset to help clean it up.

In summary, at the price I paid, I thought it a decent deal with some tradeoffs, one of which I did not know about. At the price it is now, I'd deal with the multitouch disappointment.

As always, your mileage may vary. Build quality on this is untested and the previous reviewer appeared to have a lemon. I know that these tablets get hot and being that I work in the electronics industry, I know things can go wrong. I have not had a chance (or need) to deal with the customer service department, but I would have to guess it could be a difficult journey.
on November 23, 2011
I was not expecting a Galaxy tab for this price and if you purchase it with those expectations you will be disappointed. But if you purchase this understanding it is a good entry level tab it will meet your expectations.

One weird thing I cannot explain is it has the android market but it has limited apps, it does not give you the full market and is an older version of the market and have had no luck updating. Thank god for Amazon App Marketplace Works fine and is compatible with the tablet!

I bought this for my 4 year old to play her favorite apps without having to steal my phone and this will be perfect for her.

Responsiveness of screen is a little frustrating at times especially when typing! It is a really rough keyboard ui I will be downloading an app for that!

Connected easily to wifi!

I would recommend this device for what it is but if you expect anything more then don't be a jerk and leave bad reviews because it is not an Ipad.
on May 29, 2012
I have had complaints from the beginning with this product. I contacted the seller and debated returning the item, however, I couldn't get it to reset to factory default which should have been an easy task. I decided to use it mainly for reading and an occasional game here and there... It has not even been 6 months and now it won't even boot past the welcome screen!! It's NOT worth the money or the crap dealing with these people. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!
on December 5, 2011
I like this tablet and for the price I received what I expected. For those that are complaining, what do you think you're going to get for that price. Eventually I will be getting me another tablet with 3.0 or 4.0, but for now this tablet does exactly what I need it to do.
on November 4, 2011
i bought this for my 11 year old for christmas, so i havent played with it very much..just enough to make sure it worked!! from what i can see it seems like a very nice tablet..comes with the real google market (downloaded angry birds and a couple others) also connected to wifi with no problem! the only problem i have with it is finding a nice case that will fit!! overall great tablet for the price!!
on December 14, 2011
I bought this item for my kids as a cheap version of an iPad. I had no expectaion for it to be a real one, as it is only a fraction of the cost. We received the item quickly and in good shape, however the screen was very hard to manipulate. We have touch-screen phones that are heat sensitive like an iPad is, and these were very difficult to use compared to what we were used to (Driods). We ended up sending the t70 back. We lost the shipping we paid to receive the product and the shipping to send it back, and a 10% restocking fee. Although we lost some money, it was better than keeping something that would end up trashed because of the screen quality. If you aren't familiar with a heat-sensitive touch screen, you might be okay. We weren't able to find anything similar in a store to use before purchase, or it would have saved us a good bit of money. The company was good to work with for the return however, so that was a big plus. They credited our Amazon money very quickly. I would purchase from the company again, just not this product.
on August 29, 2011
I got my Infinity T70 tablet with Android 2.3 a few days ago and am very disappointed. The screen resolution is poor and the wifi connectivity seems to be a problem. Not only do you have to have a very strong signal to connect to wifi (versus my other wifi equipment), but it seems to randomly disconnect with annoying frequency. The worst part of this tablet is that no matter what I am running, it will lock-up and need a reboot every 10 to 15 minutes! I am returning the unit ASAP. I could live with the screen resolution and wifi issues given the price, but with it locking up, it is useless.
on October 26, 2012
The adapter is like that of a dryer adapter (3 prongs that are flat and not circle) One keeps freezing up and is super slow at loading-won't load angry birds-I hope when my son opens his for Christmas it don't freeze! I had to spend more money to convert the adapter plug and buy a converter for it to plug into a wireless tablet keyboard-very disappointing when I bought 2.... >:/
on May 14, 2012
I received this tablet as a gift from someone who knew I was itching to try out an android tablet for developing some applications and such. To anyone who wants to have any semblance of a good tablet or android experience, I have to words for you: Stay Away!!

The only pro that I can find for this tablet is it's price tag. Everything else about this tablet is a minus, and many of them should be deal breakers.

The single worst issue for me is the battery life. After a full charge, when in standby mode with ALL applications that could be draining battery life, and WiFi off it only last a few hours. This is due mostly to the poor quality hardware chosen for this lost cost tablet as it seems that many of the components on the board to not properly enter their respective low power or sleep modes. The only way I have found to make this device last longer than 4 hours is to charge it, and then to completely power off the device so that it needs to be fully booted the next time you would like to use it.

My second biggest gripe about this device is it's extremely poor Wifi antenna. I have an Old Centrino Sony laptop with 802.11b and only one broken antenna attached to the mini PCI card that gets better range, signal strength and throughput than this. When I tested the wireless characteristics of this I found that when placed 4 feet away from my router with no interfering devices on, I could only get it to read 3 out of 4 WiFi bars, and the connection would drop every so often ranging from 15 to 30 minutes, requiring a reboot before it would recognize the network again.

Although I could continue to pick apart this device I will only continue on to mention the overall experience of owning this device. The Boot time is slow, most applications (or at least the ones that appear in the cut down android market that is pre-loaded) lag to the point of being near unusable. The support for this tablet from the manufacturer is non-existent (after 2 months and 3 e-mails to their Contact Us mail address, I have yet to receive any response). Overall the use of the virtual keyboard is indicative of the rest of the tablet. If I can type with one finger faster than it can process, it is virtually useless for anything beyond a low battery life amazon kindle additional device. Which by the way is the ONLY application out of the many that I have tried that seems to work well without bugs.

TL;DR - In summary If you'd like to pay as much as a true kindle for an android based device that can do little more than display an image and do so with poorer battery life then this is the device for you, otherwise look at the ~$200range tablets (i.e. Kindle Fire) Your experience will be infinitely better.
on December 21, 2011
I ordered the tablet for my 10 year old son. This is going to be a Christmas present so I have only turned it on and downloaded a few popular apps. So far I think the tablet looks nice and seems to be good quality. I also like the amount of apps you can download. I think of myself as pretty computer literate but I did need to sit down and mess with it a bit to figure out how to do everything. Hopefully my son will like this gift, I feel it is perfect for a 12 and under child.

See 1 answered question