4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine
This little beaut has a few quirks, but for the price, I can easily overlook them. A great "connective" gadget to take along on vacation. Add a mouse and a keyboard and you've got all the convenience of a big laptop. And watch streaming video from Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. Love it!
Published 16 months ago by M. David Liegey

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommend with reservation (if you're on a budget)
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:50 Mins
UPDATE - August 11, 2013

Published 18 months ago by GadgetMom

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, September 25, 2013
This review is from: 7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Black) (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, July 15, 2013
Length:: 5:08 Mins

Cons are battery life and screen glare. Pretty impressive with its other specs for the price.

Leave any questions/comments below

5.0 out of 5 stars Nero x2 Review, July 14, 2013
Length:: 4:45 Mins

Great product and inexpensive compared to other tablets. Streaming and general navigation is smooth. Perfect for playing games, watching short movies and browsing. It does have a glare at certain angles and battery life is only 2-4 hours. In saying that, I'd still recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nero X2 Android Jellybean rocks, July 10, 2013
Length:: 3:21 Mins

7inch Android tablet
Comes with Jellybean 4.1
Fast response time but memory limited so use the expand capability

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome!!! esp for the money, September 22, 2013
the case is a little shotty, but it connect to my computer via usb, and interacts with my pc, sharing files both ways, i can edit my google calander, and check my email, either on my pc, or on my tablet and it shows up on both, even when they are not connected. the tablet comes with adapters to fit either male or female usb plugs making it very versitile. i love it

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommend with reservation (if you're on a budget), July 21, 2013
Length:: 8:50 Mins

UPDATE - August 11, 2013
--------------------------

Apps cannot be moved to the SD card. The tablet has internal storage and local disk storage. Local storage emulates external storage and as such is considered the primary external SD card. So any SD card that you insert can only be used to access your additional files like music and videos. Apps can only be moved between internal storage and local storage This is not the fault of the tablet, it's my understanding that this is an Android limitation on devices with more than 2gb of internal storage.

Although the tablet comes with 4gb of storage, you only have access to about 2.5gb of that. Lately I've been getting an error whenever I try to download anything new, even though both the internal storage and the local disk report that there is sufficient room for the app I'm trying to download (250MB and 850MB free respectively).

I have yet to figure out the sort order of apps in the app drawer. At first I thought all the pre-installed apps appeared first and later apps showed up in the order they were installed. But that's not the case, as some newer apps appear before the pre-installed ones now. Placement keeps changing because apps are moved around in the drawer when they get updated. It would be nice to have everything in alphabetical order so I don't have to go hunting for it later.

Charging is erratic. Sometimes it will charge normally, but I've watched it take over a day to get a full charge. At first I thought it had a problem with power strips, but even when plugged directly into the outlet sometimes it does not charge. The first tablet did the same thing the first time I tried to charge it, but in the short time I had it it was fine thereafter. For some reason the X2 seems to stop charging when it's off or in standby. Once I start to use it (while it's still plugged in) it will quickly begin to charge. After a full charge, I get a little over 2 hours of use.

I found the speaker volume to be too low for watching movies, but thankfully the headphone jack works just fine.

The wifi still drops in and out the further away I get from the router, but surprisingly I have been able to watch Netflix and other videos with very little buffering when upstairs from the router.

I've had to reinstall XBMC once. I couldn't access any menus past the home screen. XBMC for Android is still in its early stages so I'm just happy that it works at all.

THE BOTTOM LINE: The Nero X2 plays games and videos, but don't expect it to compete with a Nexus 7 or an iPad in the features or build quality department. Higher expectations will only lead to frustration and dissapointment. It's an OK tablet... not great. This tablet fits into a certain price range to serve a particular market. If it were to cost anywhere near the price of a Nexus 7, I would have given it 1 star. Because of the download errors, charging issues, and the problems from the original review, I've decided to lower my rating to 3 out of 5 stars.

------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW
------------------

Looking at the specs alone, this tablet would be a steal at under 80 dollars. But practically speaking it's probably priced just right. If it weren't for the screen distortion (ripple effect shown in video), weak wifi antenna, and narrow viewing angle, I would have given it 5 stars. As it stands, I was tempted to give it 3, but the low price forced me to temper my expectations from the get go. For the price it's a decent tablet.

Bought one tablet, returned it, and Matricom sent out another. Both tablets had plastic stuck between the bezel and the glass. And both tablets came with the ripple effect problem. The screen of the first tablet was very dark and didn't always respond to touch input. Increasing the brightness level drained the battery that much faster. I know that sometimes you get a bad unit, but since both tablets had some of the same problems I worry about quality control.

In most areas, the Nero X2 would fall short when compared to a more expensive tablet. But frankly, I don't mind sacrificing a few features to get a decent tablet that does the majority of the things I want it to do. This tablet runs most of the apps I use on my Nexus 7. Including: Nook, Documents to Go, Avabel (3D gaming - graphics are adjusted for low memory), Netflix, XBMC, Hulu Plus and Subway Surfers to name a few.

PROS
HDMI out
Expansion up to 32gb
USB OTG
Root access
MiniUSB to USB adapter included
Capacitive stylus included

CONS
Screen exhibits ripple effect
Very narrow viewing angle
Screen display not very vibrant
Weak wifi antenna
Weak speakers
Proprietary power adapter
Minimal on-board storage and ram
No Bluetooth

DIDN'T EXPECT IT FOR THE PRICE, BUT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE
More sensors like gyroscope and light sensor
GPS
NFC

There is no documentation inside the box about how to reach the company. There is a web address on the outside of the box: matricom dot net. There you'll find a support email address and a phone number. I've had mixed success with customer service. Some emails have gone unanswered. I called the support number and no one answered. When I complained about the first tablet, it took 5 days to get an email response. But I also received a follow up phone call the same day. They promised to ship a new tablet out that day... and they did. That was nice, until I asked a question the representative couldn't answer. She put me on hold to go find the answer, but she never came back. I waited over 30 minutes on speakerphone before finally hanging up.

All in all, it's a nice tablet. If you just need a basic tablet that won't break the bank this one should fit the bill. If they would just fix the screen and wifi issues, I'd buy more.

This review was done as part of a video review promotion for the Matricom .Tab Nero X2 and I've tried to be fair and honest in my assessment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tablet, July 15, 2013
Length:: 2:23 Mins

Matircom .Tab Nero Tablet

Excellent Tablet For Streaming movies,playing games,reading books.
Plenty of Apps from the google Play store...
4gb of storage mini usb port to add extra
512 gb Ram
Powered By Android
7 inch screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Nero X2 Review, July 10, 2013
Length:: 5:23 Mins

Pros:
Comparable to Ipad 2 in Specs
Low Price
Fast performance
Expandable Memory
3D Gaming Capable
JellyBean

Cons:
No anti-glare
Battery life

1.0 out of 5 stars What a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!, September 7, 2013
I just received this tablet for my little girl and she was in tears because the tablet does not charge, after 20 minutes use
battery was dead and tI tried to charge it and DID NOT WORK!!,, HOW HOME AMAZON DOES NOT TEST THE ITEM TO BE SHIP BEFORE???? THIS IS UNNACEPTABLE AND I AM RETURNING IT,, Plus i have yo return it now..

5.0 out of 5 stars Tab Nero x2 best most affordable tablet, August 1, 2013
Length:: 3:15 Mins

Best most affordable tablet in its class easy to use and get the job done. you can download tons of apps from play store and you can install XBMC and watch all the movies you want. Excellent tab for that price.