Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Conductive Adhesive Gel|Change

If you believe in reusing those electronic TENS pads (you can rack up a pretty big bill if you dispose of them every night), your choices (at least according to my repeated searches) are limited to two products: Parker Labs Adhesive Conductive Gel and Tac Gel. If the price is the same, I have a preference for Parker Labs--nicer tube, cleaner dispensing, less mess--but only marginally so. Tac Gel does the job just as effectively. Since the pictured product appears to be the least expensive offer currently showing on Amazon, it gets the nod (don't be deceived by some of the other listed prices--always check the postage/shipping costs before ordering).
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2012
Overall a great product. Will buy again if I ever run out. I think for the price you can't beat it.
on May 20, 2012
This is a product that works well to replenish the gel of the pads. It creates the same conductivity of the electrical impulses as the original gel.
on January 28, 2014
I have been using TENS electrical stim for about two years and experiment with different styles of electrodes. I'd recommend anyone who uses TENS electrodes, regardless of the brand, buy the TENS gel that basically revitalizes the electrode and gives it a longer life. Use it VERY SPARINGLY and leave it to 'dry' for quite a while unless you want a big mess on your skin.

It will leave some sticky residue. I use TENS on my back and always wear an undershirt anyway, so there is no risk to my shirts, but just a heads up that you don't want to use this product when wearing good clothes...YOU WILL STICK TO THE CLOTHES!
on September 29, 2013
I bought Tac Gel to refresh the adhesive on reusable self adhesive electrodes for a TENS unit. The first time I used it, I used too much. It employs a toothpaste style tube with a threaded top that lets easily squirt out too much as the gel adhesive is on the runny side. It would have been easier to handle if the tube had a narrow tube spout that limited flow. The Tac Gel instructions suggest that an application of the adhesive will be tacky and ready to use in a matter of some minutes. When I over-applied the stuff, it still wasn't ready to use the next day.

By experimenting I learned to apply an infinitely smaller amount. That has its good side, too. You don't use it up so fast. But however you use it, Tac GEl does not have the same adhesive "stickiness" as the adhesive on manufacturers' self-adhesive electrodes. It seems much more likely to transfer sticky glue to your fingers or leave adhesive residue on your back or rear end or where you apply your electrodes. It sticks all right, but it doesn't seem to have the same release qualities as the OEM stuff.

If you are using reusable electrodes, I think you'll get more life out of them by putting two tiny drops of water on each one when you take it off for storage every time you use them. It gives me a better result than trying to replace damaged or electrode surfaces.with "good enough" replacement adhesive.
on November 24, 2013
It definitely does the job of sticking the pads down. My pads were sticking solely in the center due to use, but this holds them down.

Yes, it does leave a residue behind and with some alcohol, a rag and brisk rubbing you can get the sticky off.

I normally put some on one pad and rub the other against it. A little goes a long way!

I have to give it 5 stars regardless of clean up from the skin being a job because the stuff delivers as promised.
on January 5, 2013
This is messy goo! Stick to regular ultrasound type gel for your pads. Also try re hydrating them with a little water to revive the ""stick" it works wonders and is free!
on September 12, 2012
really works well a great product that must be used in order to be believed. I wish i had bought it sooner.
on July 26, 2013
Regardless of how thin of a layer one puts on the electrode, it doesn't transmit the signal very well; the signal feels more like someone is pulling hairs out of skin all over the surface of the electrode. That's not what it felt like with the original gel adhesive. Also, it's pretty messy, leaving significant residue on skin to clean up when you pull off the electrode -- and with a large electrode, that can be a lot of skin surface to clean! Of course, if it leaves the gel on the skin (unlike the original electrode), then it has to be replaced on the electrode with the next use. Too messy and unreliable for me. I won't be finishing the tube.
VINE VOICEon June 13, 2014
I found this refill for my electric massager which I bought in Vegas some years ago. It all still works fine. I thought I'd have a problem when I ran out of the initial gel but I found it easily on Amazon. The massager is the kind that stimulates muscles and the gel helps the pads (replacements for those also on Amazon!) stick to your body. Very inexpensive as well.