5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless automatic watch
It's handsome. The face is large, and the case is thick in line with today's trend to larger and heavier watches. My prior watch was a very thin twenty five year old Raymond Weil, but the change has been easy.

Here's what I think you'll want to know:

Published on September 25, 2011 by Mobidoc

3.0 out of 5 stars All that glitters ain't gold
Published 8 months ago by T. Hayes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless automatic watch, September 25, 2011
This review is from: TAG Heuer Men's CV2A10.FC6235 Carrera Automatic Chronograph Day-Date Watch (Watch)

Here's what I think you'll want to know:

1. This watch looks great. The details are just right. Handsomer on your wrist than in a photo. It can be had in white face, with metal band, etc, if you prefer.
2. Large face means Day/date and the second hand counter (at nine o'clock position) are easy to see.
3. Waterproof. My watch is often under gloves or at least splashed with water many times daily. There is an option for a handsome rubber strap, too.
4. The buckle adjusts on the strap so you can precisely choose your fit. It's not plus or minus one link, no jeweler required. You can adjust it anytime in seconds.
5. Amazon is not an authorized dealer. So you won't find a TAG Heuer warranty card in the box. Amazon provides their own two year warranty which covers pretty much everything. That's double TAG's one year warranty. I find it has advantages over the "authorized" deal. I am comfortable with it because Amazon is trustworthy in my experience, and they are everywhere. Not so TAG dealers. This is the trade off for the better pricing. You decide if you are comfortable with it.
6. You have a 30 day return window. This was key for me.
7. Amazon's customer service for fine watches is different. Very impressive. They call and email you, and you have a toll free number to call without the usual procedure used to get a call back from customer service.

Someone commented that Amazon's price is $600 too high. I haven't found better from a dealer one can trust. Kudos to anyone who does. Let us know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Leather Strap Watch, December 8, 2011
This is a great all-around watch to weat at any time. Whether you are out doing sports, or going to some elegant dinner, this is the watch to have. It is the equivalent of a Porsche in terms of watches. It has no excess. It's made of steel, and has a leather strap. The best part of this watch is the details. Because everything is made to tight specifications, when you look at this watch from far away, it looks amazing. The movement is also the classic (and sturdy) Valjoux 7750. Fantastic Watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, sporty watch to have.., May 6, 2012
M. Alarcon (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this watch and I fell in love with it as soon as I opened up the case. The sporty style it portrays, the quality of material, and attention to detail put on making this watch makes every penny spent on it worth it! The leather strap on this watch is of high quality.. if you try to look for imperfections (as I did) you will hardly find any I guess.

I have Baume & Mercier 8591 Classima Chronograph which I bought a little over a year ago; it is gorgeous too but too classy (nothing bad), I get plenty of compliments from the more mature audience. However, for a young guy like me attending university, I can wear this TAG daily while dressing sporty. The Capeland line from B&M is a strong competitor to this watch but fell for this one due to the special pricing held this weekend. Still, I may get the Capeland next!

In short, if you are in the market looking for a sports watch, this is it. Nothing negative to say about this watch (yet) and with 2 years warranty service on it, I don't think I can complaint -so I hope- as Amazon's customer service is superb.

===========
Update 10/24/2012 -5 Months after purchase-
===========

This watch is the bomb! Lot's of compliments and no mechanical failures whatsoever so far. The only thing I have noticed is that the watch gains a minute every 2 or 3 weeks, so I have to adjust the time monthly (if you happen to be picky as I am in regards time keeping).

I am eying its big brother (Tag Heuer Men's CAR2111.FC6266 Carrera Silver Dial Dress Watch) next or one of the Baume&Mercier Capeland line.

Nice grown up watch to have!

M.A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, September 8, 2011
bought this watch about a month ago and it is beautiful! watch works perfect! haven't a problem but only reason why I gave 4 stars is because I got a 2 year limited warranty through amazon and not Tag. Meaning if anything would happen I would have to ship it to a dealer through amazon instead of Tag. But not planning on having a problem within a year which is what Tag's warranty is.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch., December 10, 2012
got it for a friend and he loves it
the amazon warranty is a bit of a hassle but the price makes it worth it.

cons:
it is not as pretty as it looks in the pictures.
there are so many people wearing this watch that it makes me wonder if this is indeed special

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!, November 24, 2012
I just had this watch for few hours...
Already love it!
Big enough for my wrist...I'm 6'4"
Now have to search for metal and rubber bracelets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, November 3, 2012
This is a very attractive watch and with leather band that I prefer over steel ones. It is comfortable to wear as well. True to the brand, it is precise and useful. It demands a second look from everyone that sees it. Prized possession. Best price on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon warranty service, October 12, 2012
I liked this watch very much and when the chronograph's minute hand fell off the second day of ownership I decided to keep it and trust it to Amazon's repair service under its own Amazon warranty. The repairs are done through a jeweler in Kentucky and I sent it to them. I got it back withing four weeks and to date it runs perfectly. Now, keep in mind that Tag uses a very generic and long-standing ETA movement for this watch so that its repair should not be too daunting, nevertheless I write this for people who wonder Amazon really stands behind the fine watches it sells. I give it five stars for my experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars All that glitters ain't gold, November 3, 2013
I have the brown Carrera. My wife gave it to me for our 15th anniversary. It's a stunning watch. But...I had to send for repairs three times!. The first repair consisted of the chrome piece that fell off that was surrounding the time/date. The second time for repair consisted of it no working at all. I do have a watch winder that I place it in when I'm not wearing it. I took it out of watch winder in morning, put it on my wrist and by midday it stopped working. I tried winding it and it still didn't work. The third time I sent for repairs because the chronograph hour hand was not working properly. When using the stop watch: the second hand sweeps and the minute hand keeps minute times while the hour hand keeps hour time when in STOP WATCH MODE ONLY. However, the chronograph hand is keeping time while I'm not using the stop watch feature. I noticed this when I got my watch back from the second repair. I'm not sure if I got the 'lemon' of watches. So take heed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 5, 2012
Beautiful and wonderful machine. The face is large, and the case is thick in line with today's trend to larger and heavier watches

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›