5.0 out of 5 stars Pictures don't do it justice
Gorgeous watch--pictures don't to it justice. The back of the case has a window into the internals, something very cool for a watch buff. I was concerned that the case and bracelet might scratch easily but the stainless steel seems to be very scratch-resistant. Easy to set, easy to read, and very stylish.

Only two things to beware of:

1. Tag does not...
Published on October 26, 2007 by Justin

1.0 out of 5 stars According to TAG Heuer this is a counterfeit...
Published 20 months ago by john

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pictures don't do it justice, October 26, 2007

Only two things to beware of:

1. Tag does not authorize ANY watches sold through the Web, period. I actually bought mine at an authorized dealer and paid $1695, and the watch is still worth it. Luckily I think Amazon & its sellers are about as good as you'll get for non-authorized sellers. Just make sure you research the actual company selling you the product.

2. There are no microadjustments for the band, meaning it's remove X number of links and that's it. Tag has very sturdy bands--that's probably the reason for no microadjustment. Mine could be a tiny bit tighter but I can't add another link back because it's too tight. Lesson--you might not get band fit you're 100% happy with. I think the band sturdiness over the long term is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timepiece!, February 25, 2008
This review is from: TAG Heuer Men's WV211A.BA0787 Carrera Automatic Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
This is a great-looking automatic watch. The silver dial is well manufactured, fit and finish are extremely good, and it keeps excellent time - mine deviates about 11 seconds during normal wear. The movement, visible through a sapphire exhibition back, displays Geneva striping on the rotor and perlage on some other components. Overall, a great watch in the classic style - attention-getting without being ostentatious. Mine has number indicies at the 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 positions, which I prefer.

Cons? The mirror finish of the stainless steel is prone to scratching. Try to be aware of where your hand and wrist are going!

A beautiful and tough watch. This is my second TAG Heuer and my third "luxury" watch. I recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars According to TAG Heuer this is a counterfeit..., January 7, 2013
I bought this item thinking that I was getting the true TAG. However, after a few days the watch kept lagging behind. I took to a jeweler who informed that there non-TAG Heuer parts in the watch and that as far as it TAG was concerned this was a counterfeit product. I called Amazon, spent a few hours talking to two, three people and finally someone explained to me how to return the watch. Now, almost two month later, I have been told that I will have to wait for my refund until someone review my case and they will get back with me in another week. What a joke, I paid 1,600.00 dollars on a watch, a brand new watch, and so far I have done is talking to this representative and that representative. A complete waste of my time, and should say money. Buyers be AWARE this may NOT be the bargain it appears. Thinking back I would much rather buy the TAG directly from TAG Heuer. I has cost me a lot of my time and I am not even sure if I am getting my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time piece, February 26, 2009
AaronPaul (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I was a little hesitant because Tag Heuer is looked down on in some watch-fanatic circles. I struggled between this watch and the Omega Aqua Terra (I already own a Speedmaster). The Omega has a higher grade movement and is $1000 more (for the automatic). I just couldn't get over how sexy the Tag was though, and I ultimately went with the watch that I liked most (and saved a grand in the process).

I am not disappointed! This is a great looking, classic watch with a high quality finish. It has the distinctive Carrera look without the busyness of the chronograph, which is what I was looking for. The bracelet is really beautiful and, although it doesn't have a micro adjustment, there are two link that are slightly smaller, so I was able to eventually get a great fit with some trial and error. The only downside is that it is water resistant only to 5 BAR, which means that it may be a little risky to swim with.

1.0 out of 5 stars you would be in big trouble if the watch has problems since you have no warranty card, January 15, 2014
P. Xu "time killer" (Los angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch from watchsaving in March 2013. the watch started to have mechanical problems and stop very often 5 months after purchase. I tried to contact both watchsaving and Amazon. What amazon replied is that it is from the third party and they are not responsible for any issue 30 days after purchase. what i heard from watchsaving is just one email mentioning the watch is under warranty by them for one year. i tried to get either the contact info or address to send the watch back for repair. so far, no update and no positive feedback. this watch is now sitting in the box. Be careful when you buy watch from watchsaving. there is no warranty card with the watch and you cannot get the manufacture support. and if the seller ignore you, you are in the hell. just think about that you paid over $1800 but cannot enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch and Unbeatable Price, January 28, 2012
I have admired the Carrera Calibre 5 for some time, and finally went ahead with the purchase as a 10th wedding anniversary present. After owning this beautiful watch for about two weeks all I can say is 'wow'. It is accurate, stunning and a joy to wear. The Amazon experience was, again, flawless, with UPS shipping arriving the day after purchase without a hitch. If you are looking for your first luxury watch, or wanting to add a sharp piece to your collection this watch is it.

Update - August 2012
The automatic rotor on my Carrera was sticking causing the watch not to wind on my winder, so I sent it off to Amazon's authorized repair company to have it looked it. It was serviced, pressure tested and returned back to me within less than 3 weeks. I was thrilled with the experience, in spite of the disappointment in needing to send the watch off in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Classy Looking Watch!, August 18, 2008
TAG Heuer's Carrera watch is beautiful. I wanted a simple, classic face and the watch certainly has one. I also prefer this silver dial as opposed to the black one; it exudes a magnificent shine because of the silver color. The buckle on the watch bracelet is also extremely easy to use - no need to use teeth to undo the bracelet.

This is my first luxury timepiece and I am very pleased with it. I originally wanted an Omega but I'm very satisfied with TAG Heuer.

P.S. - I'd also appreciate it if reviewers rated the product and not the purchasing experience. It's a disservice to prospective buyers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch at a Great Price!, July 29, 2007
I first saw this watch on a cruise ship. I priced it at several ports, but was confident that I could find it on Amazon for much less. The watch looks even better in person. It is very comfortable. I think the style is classic and it will look great for several years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch!, February 14, 2010
I did not purchase my watch from Amazon. I did buy mine from an authorized dealer, but I got it for only $100 more than the Amazon price. That is not the point, however. I originally planned on getting the grand carrera, but after trying it on along with the carrera I couldn't make myself spend the extra money. They looked and felt very similar. This watch looks beautiful in the pictures, but it looks even better in person. I can't begin to explain how pleased i am with this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb!!!, June 5, 2014
This watch is Simply Superb!!! Light weight and the Steel Strap are so smooth.
The only issue is that this watch stops after 12-15hrs if its untouched and if u dont use for 2-3 days then adjusting the Date become difficult since its Automatic. I still need to adjust the date every month end.
Else its gr8.