Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 3, 2012
First, as most, I prefer spending my $ with amazon due to service. And again, they definitely do not dissapoint. Unfortunately, this watch OR this specific batch of watches did. Again, I am choosing my words wisely as I do not think all Tags, especially this model, are all defective.

My initial order:
My watch came shipped to me in excellent packaging, as you would expect from amazon. Shipped and sold. The watch looked great except the time was off 45 seconds a day. Yes, watch was wound and yes the watch was on a winder. After exhausting everything I could do to make sure there was NOT an error on my end, I sent the watch back and requested a replacement. Again, satisfied with superior service.

My replacement watch:
I was excited to see the watch. During unpackaging, I saw a reflective spec of machine shavings under the sapphire glass. I debated on keeping it. Then realized that this was unacceptable. I will provide pictures. It was reflective enough to catch my eye.

Things I've learned. When buying a watch anywhere, wind watch and use a winder if available. Set time and wait 24 hours. Make sure the threshold of the inaccurate time is +/- the seconds acceptable by the manufacturer. If satisfied, have watch resized. Amazon and AD's clearly state that if watch is resized, you will not get a refund. I'm glad I didnt wear the watch.

Anyways, I hope that whoever purchases this watch or any watch for that matter, will be satisfied.
For me, I ended up buying the watch this weekend at a Local Dealer (AD) and did get a warranty card, etc. The card wasnt a deal breaker with amazon. I spent a few bucks more, not significantly.

Based on my experience with amazon, I will give not hesitate shopping for watches here. Just this model didnt work out.
review image
on July 21, 2012
Wow what a great looking watch. Saved $1400 on this watch conservatively over a jeweler. It's my second Tag and couldn't be happier with this one. *****for the guy with the lost time and stopped working comment***** get a watch winder, keeps the mechanism properly oiled and wound. Highly recommend buying high end watches through amazon. Great service.
on June 4, 2014
I bought this watch for my husband as a wedding gift about a year and a half ago and for a watch this price and quality you would expect it to last several years. Well about a year into the watch my husband starts to notice rusting on the band and recently he was moving the dial and the dial just snapped off. So I called amazon's watch department and told them what happened. The man over the phone took all my information and made me check everything online to make sure my info on the purchase of the watch was accurate just to tell me that amazon's warranty doesn't cover external parts. So why waste my time taking down all my information? Don't waste your money buying the watch online. Spend a little more and purchase it at Tag Heuer. At least that way if something goes wrong you'll have better warranty.
on September 4, 2012
I tried on several Tag watches at a retail jeweler, and I came very close to buying this one there. Retail is $2700.00; it's even on the box.
There is NO reason to buy anything from a retail jeweler; they bring nothing to the table, except for a markup.
Tag Heuer warranties their watches, and Amazon has both a 30-day return period and an automatic 2-year warranty (third party). Plus, you save $800.00 vs. retail. It's a perfect situation!
The watch itself is beautiful, elegant, and very sharp. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on April 3, 2012
Ordered this watch from Amazon.com to upgrade from my Tissot and loved the free overnight shipping. Received product in 1 day and am thrilled with the watch. So far it has kept time perfectly, and I love the automatic movement with the 'sweeping' second hand. The price is virtually unbeatable (especially from a reputable company) at $1800. This watch in a retail store is $2,700 currently (trust me, I checked). The only concern I have, is that the booklet did not include the 'International Guarantee Card' or a Certificate of Authenticity. Amazon warns you beforehand about the warranty situation though. I have a pending support call open with Amazon jewelers to try and get a certificate of authenticity. Anyone who knows a thing or two about signs of an authentic Tag Heuer watch will be able to inspect it and see that it is real, but still a Certificate would be nice. We'll see what Amazon comes back to me with and hopefully I can get that. If they won't do anything for me I'll probably have it professionally authenticated just to push me from 99.9% certain of authenticity to 100% .
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2012
I wanted a nice watch and first was looking at a Tag chronograph but liked the simple look of the Calibre Five. I've received several comments on the watch and the watch repair shop that I took it to have the links removed commented on the style of this model of Tag.
on June 6, 2012
I purchased this watch as a graduation present and I could not be more happy with it. The watch is over $1000 less than the same model offered at a "brick and mortar" store. The only downside is that because Amazon is not an authorized Tag Heuer retailer the watch does not come with a 2 year warranty from Tag. However, It does come with THE EXACT SAME warranty from Amazon! The watch itself came in immaculate unopened condition and I have not had even one problem with it. It is a very accurate time piece, and i believe i have only gained 10 seconds in the 3 weeks that i have been keeping track (this is VERY good for an automatic watch!). GET IT!
on December 24, 2013
Very pleased with this watch. Excellent time keeping for an automatic. It's a beautiful time piece. Because it isn't a huge face it looks good on my smaller wrist. This is not true for all carreras - most are larger. Versatile in dress and more casual use. Very comfortable. A high quality watch to be sure.
on July 22, 2013
This is a great watch. I wear it every day and have had no problems and lots of compliments. Really nice piece
on February 23, 2012
Purchased the watch on 12/06/2011, loved the look and fit of it. Then I started to notice the time would be about 1 hr late after 2 months of use. Now it's stopped working on 2/23/12. That's barely 2 mo of use! The watch that costs almost $2K should last longer than that! I'm thoroughly disgusted with it...

Edit:
I don't think I wrote it clearly enough the first time. I meant the watch was 1 hr off each day, I would reset it, then it would be off 1 hr again the next day. And I wore the watch all day, everyday. I sent it out to Amazon's contracted repair shop, they worked on it for a couple weeks, sent it back, and it's been working fine for about 6 mo now (10/4/2012). Never had this problem with my Rolex, but Tag does keep better time. I'm hoping it stays this way.
77 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse