The easily portable Tascam DP-008 eight-track recorder (see larger image).
Side view of the Tascam DP-008 (see larger image).
Each track on the DP-008 has its own row of knobs for level, pan and effects, just like Tascam's classic cassette Portastudios of the past. The effects knob sends to a built-in stereo reverb processor with hall, room, stage and other effects. Each track also has EQ to tailor the sound for your mix. When your song is complete, mix it to a dedicated stereo track while riding levels and flipping pan as much as you want. You can export your mix, or even individual tracks, as a WAV file.
What's in the Box
Tascam DP-008, USB cable, 2 GB SD card, batteries, user manual
Features and Specifications
- 8-track Digital Portastudio
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4-inch line inputs, one switchable to guitar level for direct recording
- 1/4-inch footswitch input and Autopunch features for punch-in recording
- RCA line outputs
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output
- Chromatic tuner and metronome features
- Stereo reverb effect on send/return path
- Level, Pan and 2-band EQ controls per channel
- 44.1kHz/16-bit recording resolution
- Records to SD or SDHC Card media, up to 32 GB supported
- USB 2.0 connection to computer for backup and track/mixdown export
- Built-in stereo electret condenser microphones
- Backlit LCD display
- Powered by four AA batteries (included) or PS-P520 power supply (optional)
- Up to 5.5 hours of battery life (recording, phantom power off); up to 6 hours of battery life for playback
- Measures 8.7 x 1.42 x 4.98 inches and weighs 19.7 ounces (without batteries)