TASCAM’s DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 records in MP3 or WAV format – including 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – to microSD or microSDHC media. A pair of all-new microphones handles up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. With new recording features like Peak Reduction and Quick Menu, the DR-05 puts album-quality recording in the palm of your hand. Premium-quality Sound Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL – the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away – yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8” stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it. Simple to Operate The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner and more. Classic TASCAM features are included, like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch – perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback, to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality. For musicians and recordists at any stage of their career, there’s no easier way to get great-sounding recordings than TASCAM’s DR-05.
TASCAM's DR-05 puts premium recording quality in the palm of your hand. Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV film recording provides better than CD quality to capture every detail. Record WAV or MP3 files to the included 2GB microSD Card, or expand with your own microSD & SDHC media.
Like all TASCAM products, the DR-05 is simple to use with functions like two-button record and the Quick Menu for fast setting changes.
Omni Condenser Microphones
Built into the DR-05 are a pair of omnidirectional condenser microphones. These stereo microphones are tailored for natural ambient recording, with rich bass response and lower handling noise than most handheld recorders.
The built-in microphones capture a wide, natural frequency range suitable for any type of voice, nature or musical recording. A 1/8" microphone input is also available for adding your own stereo microphone or recording a line-level source.
Like most TASCAM handheld recorders, the DR-05 includes playback modes to loop a section of playback or slow it down without changing the pitch, perfect for learning new music. A built-in speaker is included for checking recording without headphones. The Level Align feature smooths out level jumps during playback to help you monitor your raw, unmastered recordings.
Other handy additions include a chromatic tuner and tripod stand mount.
Peak Limiter Prevents Clipping
A built-in stereo peak limiter prevents unexpected loud sounds from distorting your recording. Just flip it on to keep sudden jumps from ruining your takes.
Another recording mode is the Auto Level setting, which sets the level based on the sound level in the room. Other settings include a low cut filter, useful for removing rumble or wind noise when outdoors. (A windscreen is also sold seperately.)
Full Feature List
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB – 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB – 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2 3/8" W x 5 9/16" H x 1" D
- Weight: 4 1/16 oz