TASCAM's DR-07mkII puts premium recording quality in the palm of your hand. Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV film recording provides better than CD quality to capture every detail. Record WAV or MP3 files to the included 2GB microSD Card, or expand with your own microSD & SDHC media.
Like all TASCAM products, the DR-07mkII is simple to use with functions like two-button record and the Quick Menu for fast setting changes.
Adjustable Condenser Microphones
Attached to the DR-07mkII are a pair of cardioid condenser microphones. The stereo microphones can be arranged in an XY recording pattern for tight stereo imaging or in an AB pattern for a more ambient recording.
The built-in microphones capture a wide, natural frequency range suitable for any type of voice or musical recording. A 1/8" microphone input is also available for adding your own stereo microphone or recording a line-level source.
When flipping the microphone orientation, the left and right channels automatically flip for correct stereo placement.
Perfect for songwriters, the DR-07mkII allows you to build up an arrangement part by part for a full production. Record a guitar demo, then try out a melody by singing along with your previous take. Your original recording is kept, and a second, mixed file is created. The DR-07mkII includes stereo reverb you can use on playback, or use it during recording for a pro, polished sound.
Peak Limiter Prevents Clipping
A built-in stereo peak limiter prevents unexpected loud sounds from distorting your recording. Just flip it on to keep sudden jumps from ruining your takes.
Another recording mode is the Auto Level setting, which sets the level based on the sound level in the room. Other settings include a low cut filter, useful for removing rumble or wind noise when outdoors. (A windscreen is also sold seperately.)
Useful Playback Features
Like most TASCAM handheld recorders, the DR-07mkII includes playback modes to loop a section of playback or slow it down without changing the pitch, perfect for learning new music. A built-in speaker is included for checking recording without headphones. The Level Align feature smooths out level jumps during playback to help you monitor your raw, unmastered recordings.
A stereo reverb effect is available during playback or recording. Another handy additions include a chromatic tuner and tripod mount.
Full Feature List
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Adjustable Stereo Condenser Microphones (XY or AB)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Reverb effect
- Overdub recording mode
- Auto Record and Auto Mark functions
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ settings
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB - 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB - 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2.2" W x 5.5" H x 1" D (55mm x 141mm x 26mm)
- Weight: 4.4 oz (125g)