4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for home archiving
Very small, grounded unit with low to no noise susceptibility. Has done wonderfully for archiving. Conceals nicely behind my AV rack.

Gold plated plugs with all hookups uncluded. Also, very affordable.
Published on February 22, 2007 by Michael C. Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why
but my unit adds a lot of hum, even when grounded. I read the reviews on this before purchasing, which said it didn't add hum. Not the case with the one I received.
Published on December 12, 2009 by L. Russo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for home archiving, February 22, 2007
This review is from: TCC TC-400G/L RIAA Phono Preamp, Pre-amp (Preamplifier) (Electronics)

Gold plated plugs with all hookups uncluded. Also, very affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, April 3, 2009
J. G. Dallas (Northern Minnesota, America) - See all my reviews
I researched the other pre-amps in this price range, and sorely wanted not to have to deal with noise or any other irritation. I just wanted the turntable to work.

This unit did the job perfectly -- no noise, simple hook-up. It's not quite as cheap as the others in this range, but, trust me, it's worth it to have a unit that works the first time, flawlessly, right from the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Performance, October 8, 2011
Set up a Bose Wave Radio System for my folks, to include their turntable and cassette player. The Bose salesman suggested I may need a pre-amp between the turntable and the Wave System. He could not recommend a certain make or model. I'm really glad I did not let this discourage me in deciding to purchase the system. All it took was gong to Amazon and very easily ording the TC-400G/L Phono Pre-amp. This was very easy to set up, you just plug in the pre-amp between the turntable and the system using the included RCA jacks. Grounding is important but I did not have a ground connection on my turntable. I simply connected the ground wire (not included, so I bought a spool of ground wire) from the pre-amp to a screw underneath the turntable. My back up plan would have been to attach the ground wire to the ground inside of the outlet on the wall. There was no humming noise or any other interference as described in some other reviews. Don't let the $29.00 price fool you, this amp works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the program ordered., February 15, 2014
I needed this to boost the signal from turntable to computer. I thought I could get away without one but that was not the case. Works just fine. A good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars fixed phono sound & feedback issues, January 17, 2014
Installed this between the phono & the receiver. Phono didn't have a pre amp & receiver didn't have phono inputs so we had to crank up the volume all the way to hear our old albums & the sound was too quiet & there was lots of feedback. This worked great & fixed all the problems we had.
They provide a super long power cord (really nice feature), extra connection cables, has a ground on the pre amp (which fixed the feedback issues we were having). It has an option of being mounted to a wall or shelf if desired. Has a power light to tell it's on & a switch on the cord to turn it on or off.
good price & an easy fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Preamp works great, December 2, 2013
Easy to install and it worked like a charm. I can listen to my phono again with my new receiver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed to play my LP's, January 28, 2013
AssKicker44 (CINCINNATI, OH, US) - See all my reviews
On an Onkyo tx-nr515 without a preamp built into the 2012 unit!. (Took out the hissing and popping over the cheap $20 GE preamp I had installed). I will be buying another for my computer phonograph or turntable as you youngster's call them nowadays.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why, December 12, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple solution, April 12, 2014
Fredrick S. Hartman (Minnetonka, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I didn't have much experience with these until a vintage turntable was given to me as a gift and found the need to connect it to a modern entertaiment system. Man does it work great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inexpensive pre amp for turntables, April 4, 2014
I recently purchased a used turntable as I'm starting to get back into vinyl again, and one thing about most modern receivers is they don't have phono inputs. The thing is in order to use a turntable on a modern receiver you'll need to bring it to "line-level" to plug it into those aux inputs. This pre amp is designed just for that -- it amplifies the signal for line level inputs. There are several other inexpensive options here on amazon, but if you look closely, you'll find most of them do not have a ground wire attachment. That's important with turntables -- they generate some electricity as with anything moving, and that will cause a hum in your equipment. This unit does not suffer from that.

I'll do a cursory overview:

PROS

+ Works well
+ Ground wire attachment
+ Comes with all RCA cables and AC adapter needed (unless you have a really long run)
+ Small footprint, wall mountable
+ On/off switch on the power cord for easy use
+ Nice looking unit

I can't think of any cons, it works for what it is intended to do. I'm sure this is no audiophile dream amp, if you're looking for that you'll need to spend significantly more. This particular company sells higher end pre amps if you are looking for that, however, this will satisfy most turntable users.

OVERALL

Highly recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa77dfdbc)

TCC TC-400G/L RIAA Phono Preamp, Pre-amp (Preamplifier)
$64.95 $29.50