VoiceLive 2 pushes the envelope of performance effects for vocalists as an easy-to-use, more powerful floor processor designed to offer smooth studio tone, rich harmonies and ear-catching effects. What does a vocalist live for? A jaw-dropping vocal sound that takes audiences over the edge. Get that sound instantly with VoiceLive 2, the ultimate floor-based vocal processor. It's more than an upgrade, it's a vocal revolution.
With a completely redesigned user interface, VoiceLive 2 is easy to use whether you’re looking for one preset or a creative sequence of sounds for every song.
* Wizard button helps you find the right preset
* Stompbox access to six effect blocks
* One button access to global Tone, Pitch and Guitar FX
* Easy editing of all parameters
* Simple preset chaining with Step feature
* USB for updates, back-ups and audio streamingNew NaturalPlay harmonies
Whether you play guitar, a MIDI keyboard or no instrument at all, VoiceLive 2 has brilliant vocal harmonies for you.
* Control harmonies with guitar, MIDI or MP3 input
* Up to 8 voices with MIDI keyboard control or 4 doubled harmonies
* All new algorithm is smooth and natural even for extreme vocal styles
* Auto sensing of harmony control instrumentMore power, voices & effects
VoiceLive 2 contains virtually all the effects necessary to produce any vocal sounds of decades past, and into the future.
* 5X processing power of typical floor processor
* Separate harmony and doubling blocks
* New reverb, tap delay, µMod
* FX block for T-Pain effect, megaphone, distortion
* Global effects including Tone, pitch correction, and Guitar FX
* All effects can be used simultaneouslyAn engineer that listens
Like a great audio engineer, VoiceLive 2 listens to you and adjusts to make your voice sound smooth and produced.
* Tone tailors adaptive EQ, compression and de-ess to your voice
* Adaptive gate reduces mic input when you're not singing
* Digital mic-gain control is engaged with your feetSolid design meets comfort
Built with your comfort in mind, VoiceLive 2 has some practical features that will make for effortless performances.
* Natural curve puts footswitches at comfortable angle
* Recessed rubberized handle
* Bright LCD and large lettering
* Rubberized end caps and edit/mix knobs
* Extruded aluminum and steel chassisComplete Connectivity
VoiceLive 2 has the most complete connectivity of any vocal floor processor.
* Mic or Line input with digital controlled mic gain
* Guitar input with auto-mix , Guitar FX as well as transparent pass-thru
* Stereo 1/8” (MP3 player ) input
* Stereo XLR, ¼” and Headphone outputs
* MIDI in, out and thru
* Expression pedal input
* USB for updates, back-up and audio streamingExciting new vocal harmony capability
Now it’s easier than ever to lead your own vocal backup group and sound rich and authentically human at the same time. It starts with a guitar, MIDI keyboard or aux-input controlled vocal harmony algorithm with four intervals, each of which can be unison-doubled or 8 discrete voices controlled by your MIDI keyboard playing. And when you want to tap into your gospel soul, there’s the completely new Choir algorithm that creates the massive multi-voice group vocal sound to bring home those memorable choruses.
More automatic features
When you’re worrying about parameter settings, you spend less time focusing on your music so we’ve automated several of VoiceLive 2’s features.
* Auto Mic Gain – now you can set the mic gain from a standing position just by singing. Once this is done there are no knobs to be jostled in transit and you can still do manual tweaks if you want to.
* Auto Gate – Feedback a problem? An all new Auto Gate listens to you and adjusts to reduce feedback and effects leak-through while you’re not singing.
* Adaptive Tone – A single push of the Tone button engages studio quality Shape EQ, compression and de-essing that adapts to the tonal range of your singing style and voice for increased impact and smoothed dynamics. Finally your live singing can have that studio polish.
* Reverb and Delay ducking – Increase the sustaining tail of your reverb and delay effects while carving out plenty of room for your lyrics with ducking. The level of the effects is reduced while you sing and then subtly increases after your last syllable for a paradoxical deeper ambience with enhanced intelligibility. Of course, this is all automatic – just select a ducking reverb or delay style, VoiceLive 2 does the rest.A vocal effects powerhouse
OK we’ve put all our cards on the table here. Now that we have the processing power we’ve just put everything we have in VoiceLive 2. It’s all available simultaneously to take your voice, your performances and your music over the top. In addition to vocal harmony, you can construct or select preset effect chains containing effects to:
* Distort your voice – Grunge is good. Make a statement with the Transducer block that also has 4 pole filters for great megaphone and telephone effects.
* Clone your voice – employ up to 4 voices of humanized unison overdubs in addition to the 8 harmony voices. This sound has been used since recording began to fatten vocals, now it’s your turn.
* Expand your space – A completely new reverb algorithm envelops your voice in dense ambiences from teeny live rooms to concert halls and bright plate simulations. Don’t forget the delay block can serve to add depth or become a highlight effect whether it’s using tap tempo or tape delay styles.
* Mod ya later – The full µMod block brings lush chorus, slick microtuning, swooshing flange and more to the party. Those half time bridge sections never sounded more psychedelic.Random access
Having a large chain of effects won’t do as much good if you can’t add and remove links in the chain when the mood strikes. The individual stompbox footswitches for Harmony, Doubling, µMod, Reverb, Delay and FX give you the flexibility to layer or simplify at will. Also, there’s a Shortcut footswitch that be assigned to add other interesting features such as tap tempo, harmony hold and others. There is no separation between Song mode and Preset mode as there was in the classic VoiceLive; each preset can have up to 50 steps each of which can contain a different preset or a simple modification of the main preset. Go ahead, get dirty and start creating now.Technical SpecificationsAnalog Inputs
|Connectors, balanced || ||Mic.: XLR, Line: 1/4" phone jack, Guitar: 1/4" phone jack, Aux: 1/8" stereo mini jack |
|Impedance: Balanced/Unbalanced || ||Mic.: 2.14/1.07 kOhm, Line: 13/6,5 kOhm |
|Mic Input Level @ 0 dBFS || ||-49dBu to +10dBu |
|Line Input Level @ -37 dBu to +22 dBu || ||-37 dBu to +22 dBu |
|EIN @ Max Mic Gain Rg = 150 Ohm || ||-126 dBu |
|Mic/Line Input SNR || ||> 107 dB |
|Guitar Input impedance || ||1 MOhm |
|Guitar Input Level @ 0 dBFS || ||14 dBu to -4 dBu |
|Guitar Input SNR || ||>104dB |
|Aux Input Level @ 0dBu || ||+2dBu |
|A to D Conversion || ||24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 110dB SNR A-weighted |
|D to A Conversion || ||24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 115dB SNR A-weighted |
|Connectors, balanced || ||XLR and 1/4" phone jack |
|Output Impedance Balanced/ Unbalanced || ||100/50 Ohm |
|Output Range (Line/Mic Level) || ||16 dBu / 0dBu |
|Dynamic Range || ||> 109 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz |
|Frequency Response || ||+0/-0.3 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz |
|Headphone Out || ||1/8" Mini stereo jack, 32 Ohm, +16dBu max (180mW max) |
|Digital Inputs and Outputs |
|Connectors || ||RCA Phono (S/PDIF) |
|Formats || ||S/PDIF (24 bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958 |
|Sample Rates || ||44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz |
|Complies with || ||EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 |
FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
|Certified to || ||IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA |
IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA
|Operating Temperature || ||32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C) |
|Storage Temperature || ||-22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C) |
|Humidity || ||Max. 90 % non-condensing |
|USB || ||USB-B |
|MIDI || ||In/Out/Thru: 5 Pin DIN |
|Pedal || ||1/4" TRS phone jack |
|Display || ||192 x 64 Blue STN LCD, White Back light |
|Dimensions || ||13.8" x 3" x 8.5" (350 x 76 x 216) |
|Weight || ||5 lb. (2.3 kg) |
|External Power Supply Mains Voltage || ||100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select) |
|Power Consumption || ||<14 W |
|Warranty Parts and labor || ||1 year |