4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, with a caution...
I bought 7 bulbs to replace 75w halogen bulbs in the kitchen. The light is outstanding. It really brings out the alder wood in the cabinets beautifully. The dimming function is fully functional with an existing dimmer switch.

Published 20 months ago by Michael R. Sayre

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
This is not a flood light. It puts off a very tight spot light effect.
Published 28 days ago by Billy80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, with a caution..., November 22, 2012
This review is from: TCP LED14E26P3030KFL Dimmable LED 14-Watt PAR30 Flood Lamp (Tools & Home Improvement)

This purchase was in November 2012. About 2 weeks later one of the bulbs failed. Then about 2 weeks later a second bulb failed. I am working to get these replaced under warranty, but for this amount of money I expect better than 71% performance.

UPDATE: Sep 1, 2013 -- I was able to get both failed bulbs replaced under warranty. Since then all 7 have performed flawlessly. I will buy this again when I need more. I hope that is in 20 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Installed 10 of these, March 2, 2013
My kitchen had 10 75W halogens - that's 750 watts. And they are on 8+ hours per day. That really adds up. At that rate these bulbs will pay for themselves in a year and I'll be saving real money over the coming years. The light is a bit cooler than the halogens, but I really like them - they are as bright or brighter than the halogens they replaced. They do not seem to dim with old style dimmers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This light has ruined me, September 25, 2013
Fabulous light! Makes my countertops, cabinets, appliances and floors like works of art. Whites are very crisp, blacks are deep and expressive. Colors seem to really POP whereas with my old CFL bulbs everything seems so dull by comparison. Hence this light has ruined my perception of general mass market incandescent and CFL lights (especially CFL!).

These lights are very bright, but please do note that they do not diffuse light in all directions like CFL and incandescent bulbs. Dimming function is amazing: consistent, no buzzing, does not pulsate light and is very smooth. Also, the bulbs only get warm, not hot to the touch. One interesting difference between how this bulb dims and how other non-LED bulbs dim is that the color remains consistent with this LED whereas incandescent and CFL lights become "warmer" in appearance as they are dimmed (that is they become more yellow like candlelight).

This particular TCP bulb has a 40 deg beam angle and feels more like a studio light. I have it over my kitchen sink and it lights the immediate area beautifully, but not the whole kitchen. To light the countertops, I purchased five 9-watt narrow flood lights (25 degree beam angle, 3000K), also by TCP, which are just as beautiful, if not more so. Together, all the light is just where I need it and without excessive glare or annoying shadows.

As a side note, I also purchased the 17-watt LED (40 deg beam angle, 3000K) for a comparison, which really was just too bright for my kitchen and had a slight yellow hue to it--maybe better for a garage or large space.

Price for this 14-watt bulb being reviewed is rather steep, but once you see the difference, it doesn't seem so expensive anymore. I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, December 22, 2012
Quiet, dimmable and excellent "pure" white LED light. Pricy, but worth it in my estimation. Fit nicely in my recessed cans. I'm ordering 5 more after I write this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice replacement for my floods, August 17, 2012
I use overhead flood lights for lighting in my at home office. These are great. Do not generate much heat and of course the economy. Light is very pleasant and the light beam covers the area well. Very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, June 30, 2014
This is not a flood light. It puts off a very tight spot light effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Any LED light made by TCP is great, May 21, 2014
There are many LED bulbs on the market, but finding the right bulb with the best characteristics requires careful research. I love TCP bulbs and have been happy with each one I have bought. They are very well made and there seems to be the right one for every application.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Flood Lamp, November 13, 2012
We are looking for a way to save energy and also improve our lighting in a small visitor center. Ordered one of these bulbs to see how we liked it. Very impressed: light is bright, clear, much better quality than standard flood lights. Blub is very heavy, but sturdy. Fits in standard tracklight flood lamp fitting. We plan to order enough for the rest of the visitor center. It will take 7 years, according to the calculations on the box, for these bulbs to pay for themselves in terms of what it costs us currently to replace the cheaper ones (twice a year); but they will save us a great deal of money in energy over that period, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great outdoor or indoor flood light, July 17, 2012
G. Chow (United States) - See all my reviews
Amazing LED bulb that doesn't buzz with a dimmer. I've tried other LED bulbs that claim to not make any buzzing noises only to find that they do not live up to their claim. Also, the amount of light given by this unit is about at efficient as it gets right now. (850 lumens)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LED lights, April 2, 2012
H. Kevin Chu (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Warning, these lights are bright! They ended up being a tad bit brighter than our older halogen lights, but throw in a dimmer and we were extremely happy with their versatility.

Also, these were more on the whiter side, which is fine. They make a warmer version of this light, but these were fine for us.

TCP LED14E26P3030KFL Dimmable LED 14-Watt PAR30 Flood Lamp
$51.54 $33.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies