Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$18.95+ Free shipping

on October 21, 2005
I found one secondhand at a Flea Market, with no directions. I loaded myself to see if I could solve it. I plan to give it to my son, a high school freshman (probably as a Christmas gift). I did solve the puzzle, and found it to be challenging. I got very frustrated after about five hours, thinking maybe I'd made a mistake, then...one more turn, and "voila", the ball dropped into the right space, and I was able to open the box. I am going to buy another one for my son's half-brother (same age). They are at the age when all they want is money anyway. Giving it to them in a puzzle adds a level of challenge to the process. It isn't just handing them some bucks, and "oh, yeah, thanks". They both adore video games, so I am sure they have the hand/eye coordination to solve it quicker than I did. It gives them a chance to wait and anticipate, instead of immediate gratification. I wouldn't give it to a young child, though. I wouldn't have considered such a gift any earlier than this year. I don't think it is appropriate for a child younger than high school age.
on December 12, 2005
The BILZ BOX money maze toy is the size of a VHS cassette tape. A perfect way of giving teenagers money for gifts instead of an envelope with a silly bow on it. kids appreciate the money you give them if there's a gimick to getting to the cash.

Although a good gift for a teenager, it's not for those who are impatient, get frustrated easily, have problems solving maze-type puzzles, or a less-than-average IQ. I wouldn't recommend it for the very young. It comes with a cheater's card the giver should keep in case of over-frustration in solving. It also fits well with a VHS tape collection (same size) storing and future playing.

My Mother gave three of these BILZ BOX money-maze toys with money inside, to 3 of grandchildren one Christmas. It was a Christmas Morning hit! After the kids got their money out, dollar bills were put in for others to try. People played with them all day long.
on January 9, 2007
Bought 4 of these for christmas. 2 for the little grandsons, 1 for the big grandson, and 1 for the big, big son. Put $10 and $20 in them. It was the hit of the "present openings". Once they opened these and started trying to get the money out everything else came to a stop. Forget the other presents. They had a ball. I would recommend this product highly.
on December 22, 2011
Very very disappointed! The picture clearly leads you to believe an open $20 bill would fit. NO WAY! This is far smaller than that. The dimensions are 5-1/2 X 3-1/4 and the slot for the bill is 2-1/4 inches wide. They have a miniature 4X2 bill inside the box when you get it. Don't buy it -- thinking we would use it for gift cards or something, we tried it. One broke almost immediately.

WASTE OF MONEY!
on May 7, 2014
I have purchased these puzzles elsewhere over the years as gifts for friends and they are always a huge hit. But this was a total disaster. It was supposed to be new. My first indication that it was used was the well-worn box. Then when I removed the game from the box I realized a vital part of the puzzle was missing. The new puzzles always come with a 'sample' bill tucked into a slot which enables you to push the real bills into the slot, then you pull the sample bill out, leaving the real bills in the puzzle -- for hours of entertainment, (or days for that matter!)
Very, very disappointing as this was another gift.
on February 22, 2012
I was very nervous since a lot of the reviews stated the box was not big enough to hold the bill as pictured. But the one I received is. Put a $50 in there without folding without any trouble. Haven't given this gift yet, but the box is much heavier than another similar box that I purchased and returned. Seems to have much better construction & a lot more solid. Good buy!
on December 14, 2007
My sister gave money to my oldest son in the Bilz Box one year, so my younger son requested that he be given money in one of the boxes later on because he remembered how much fun it was to work for the money. Great gift idea if you're giving money to an older child.
on December 24, 2011
The photograph of this item shows a fake dollar bill as an example of what you can put in the maze as a gift. Based on this photograph, I purchased this item as an interesting way to give a cash gift. The problem is that the opening where you would put the gift into does not actually fit a dollar bill - the picture shows a miniature dollar bill inside the maze. My solution was to fold a bill in thirds and place it in the slot, but the slot is too small to now get the bill out. Unfortunately, I did not notice this until I was wrapping Christmas presents and too late to return/get a new one. Also, a piece of plastic broke inside the maze after one use. Although this is a really neat idea, don't waste your money. This is a cheaply made toy that is not worth anywhere close to the price. I am very sorry that I purchased it.
on February 6, 2015
Great fun. We had 9 of these and everyone tried to open them at the same time. Everyone trying to be first. They really had to work at it.
I recommend these to occupy kids, but the adults also ha fun
on July 17, 2012
Every year my sister and I find new and creative ways to give each other money as a christmas gift. This past christmas I bought this puzzle hoping it wouldn't be too easy or lame and luckily it wasn't. I put a check in place of a bill and it worked just as well. She said it was challenging but still fun. WIN!