Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on November 15, 2013
After installing two of these backwards in my wine-cooler (96 degrees in 2 minutes lol) I took it back apart and flipped them around. Thankfully, the wine was out of the fridge anyway. Within minutes, these units had cooled our 36 bottle wine cooler down to 55. I'm thoroughly impressed with just how quickly they chilled this unit.

I want my TEC's to do two things: cool stuff quickly, and do it for a long time. So far, they hit the former point right on the money - time will tell if they can hold up longer than the 18 freaking months the original mfgr cooling units lasted. After a month though, so far so good. If these die on me, I'll update my review.
on April 24, 2013
I purchased this to replace a peltier of the same rating from my Roadpro travel cooler and it worked fine. I contacted the seller prior to delivery about which side would be the hot side and I was correctly advised that the hot side would be the unlabeled side of the peltier when power was supplied to the red insulated wire. Installed with Arctic Silver thermal material and it fixed the broken cooler.
on January 28, 2014
I'm very happy with this purchase, and may order more. I received these quite quickly and well-packaged. I tested them with a low-current 12V "wall wart", and all five work well. Don't test these at their rated (or unlimited) amperage, like a car battery. They will self-destruct within seconds if not attached to a good heatsink on the hot side, as they quickly reach the melt point of the solder inside them. Yes, they get that hot that fast. Lower current will work more slowly, preventing damage and possibly a painful burn. A 9V battery would probably work well.
I've read reviews of this part number that said the hot/cold side varied in regards to the printing location, but on all of mine the printed side is cold when the red lead is connected to 12V+. If you get variances with that, they're not defective! Just use a Sharpie to mark the hot side so you install them correctly for your application.
on March 30, 2013
Mine worked perfectly. Heads up: The cold side was lettered whereas on my original Peltier element the hot side was lettered. So - Thanks LyricSmith for the warning about the cold side being lettered! Other than that,it was a straight swap out and now the wine cooler works again!
on January 23, 2011
Bought this for my Coca-Cola 6-can mini fridge. The old peltier broke when replacing the heatsink. I had to make sure I found a peltier within the 70 watt range and this happend to be it. So, I got this to fix it. Well, judging the old ones imprint in the cooling block, this was an upgrade. The last one did ok, but wasn't big enough for the job. So I installed this, It actually gets COLDER inside. It does what it says, no problems.
66 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2013
Have learned from experience with peltier devices, be careful not to switch polarities too fast, it will burn the device up. Unplug it , let it normalize , then reverse the polarity. Save your device.
on May 13, 2016
I purchased this product to repair a Vinotemp wine cooler that had quit working. It is a very easy repair and this product works well, when installing make sure that the side with the writing on is facing the large heat sink which exhausts out of the back of the case otherwise you'll have a wine heater and have to take it apart again.
on February 12, 2016
One of these coolers is what was needed to resurrect a Koolatron beverage cooler that died on me about 4 months after buying it. This replacement cooler has already out lived the cooler installed at the factory.
on May 15, 2011
This model was exactly the same as my TEC1-1204 except this one ends in 5 as in TEC1-1205. I'm going to assume it's the next model up. The only difference is this one is about .8mm thinner than the one I have but my cooler works just fine with it. Just be sure to apply thermo paste to both sides which this doesn't come with by the way and you're good to go. You can get thermo paste at Fry's, Micro Center or any electronic store. It's a cheap fix for your portable 12 volt or 120v cooler.
on May 28, 2014
Get it? GET IT?!

That's a thermodynamics joke. These little Peltier coolers, which also work as heaters, are pretty nifty. They are really resilient little devices and don't suffer from the normal issue of degradation on exposure to moisture like other Peltier modules because they are completely sealed. The one downside, and it really wasn't all that big of a deal for me as evidenced by the 5-star rating, is the lack of documentation with the modules.