5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement stylus for a Sony-PSLX250H turntable
This is a good replacement stylus for a Sony-PSLX250H turntable. I have tried it and it's a perfect match.
Published on January 9, 2009 by Luis Martino A

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stylus--But It Is Not A Genuine Audio Technica Product
The cartridge arrived in short order and fit with no issues on my Sony turntable. Given all of the Audio Technica banners and logos used in the ad I figured it was a genuine AT product. Not so--it is a generic replacement which is fine. I just think that some of the misleading AT things should be removed and that is should be clearly stated that you are buying a Generic...
Published on July 9, 2012 by Cooljerc51

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised AND defective, January 2, 2014
Anthony E Crow (Neenah, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AUDIO TECHNICA ATN3600L Replacement Stylus for The AT3600L (Electronics)
I purchased this stylus as a recommended upgrade for my AT-LP60. Firstly - as some other astute reviewers have already pointed out, the product is not a genuine Audio Technica product as advertised. It is not even white as pictured and has not AT logo. Secondly, the stylus made a horrible scraping sound on the record when used. I switched back and forth between this and the stock needle a few times just to be sure I had installed it correctly and finally resigned myself to the fact that it is defective. I would not recommend purchasing this product despite all the positive reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT an Audio Technica stylus, total knock off, but it works, June 16, 2014
I ordered this stylus with the notion that it would be an Audio Technica, but it was totally not. It's some knock-off brand the name of which escapes me now. The item I received made no attempt in masking what it truly was. It's yellow, has no AT markings on it and comes in a plain package.
However, the saving grace and the reason that I didn't return it is that it does function as expected. Given that my turntable is attached to a 60s era console stereo (you know, the old wooden ones), I cannot say that it will or will not satisfy the audiophile's picky tastes. That said, I doubt that one can expect extremely high sound quality out of an inexpensive stylus.
If you're willing to live with a knock-off and don't care much about seller integrity, then you could buy this and it will work.
Finally, note that it shipped from Canada and apparently was sent via carrier goose as it took nearly two weeks to arrive in Ohio.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to replace with, April 1, 2014
I bought a new Audio Technica record player, and while it sounded good, I knew it could sound better. You can't beat this as an upgrade. Who knows, the stock stylus can get damaged in production, or shipping, and cause it not to sound as good.

But, when you consider the price, this is the best upgrade there is. Easily raises the quality of sound to beat the $200+ dollar record players from the more recognized names.

Only thing I would have done different was order it at the same time as the player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, May 5, 2014
I purchased this replacement stylus for my Audio Technica LP 60 because mine got damaged. The stylus I received is not exactly the same as the image shown, it is red and does not have the AT logo, however it does fit perfectly. This replacement stylus also sounds significantly better than the original. Whether you need a new stylus, want your turntable to sound better, or both I recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this unless you're an avid gambler, April 22, 2014
I read the reviews. I took a chance. I lost.

With 112 reviews and a 4 star rating at the time of my purchase, I felt like the odds were in my favor of getting a good product. True, there were some people saying the stylus was defective and not an authentic Audio Technica brand product, but the low price point and lack of options caused me to write these customers' experiences off as flukes. Big mistake.

So here are the problems. As others have said, this is not an Audio Technica brand stylus. It's an unbranded generic knockoff. Put simply, the seller is flat out lying about the product he's selling. Maybe at one point this seller was sending out authentic AT styli? Perhaps. But based on my experience and the most recent reviews, it seems he's all out of the good stuff and is shipping his unwitting customers inferior ersatz garbage.

Okay, so maybe you're saying "But I don't really care if it's authentic, as long as it sounds good!" Reasonable thinking indeed. And that's where things go south. After carefully unpacking this thing and delicately, cautiously fitting it on the head of my SONY LX250H tonearm, I placed Led Zeppelin 1 on the platter, hit start, and was instantly greeted by what can only be described as a horrible intermittent scraping sound coming out of the left channel. I immediately stopped the record, checked to make sure the stylus was installed correctly (it was), and tried again. Same result. I tried two other records, both with the exact same chill-inducing, vinyl-destroying scraping.

The icing on the cake: this thing will be nearly as expensive to ship back as it was to purchase. My hands are tied. I'll likely eat the $14.40 I paid and chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Maybe you enjoy taking chances. Maybe you get a thrill out of buying something and not knowing if you'll be receiving a quality, name brand product as described in the listing, or a defective cheap knockoff. If that sounds like fun to you, by all means, buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, April 21, 2014
Not an Audio Technica product. A bad needle what causes skipping on your records. Do not buy. Run away, run away fast

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll use it on my beat up records., April 15, 2014
Not a good product. Should have known better to order considering other reviews and the low price point--you get what you pay for. Received a yellow cartridge. The post is slightly rotated meaning the stylus doesn't seat squarely into the record groove. Doesn't produce as good of sound as the original stylus that came with my turntable, which is a Sony. It isn't worth the trouble of sending back so I'll keep it around to use on records that have been through the mill.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not authentic. Bad product advertising., April 12, 2014
Not an original needle. It's yellow. Appears the same, however when I finally got the needle on the tone arm, the needle rides the record like a low- rider truck. The needle seems week with supporting the weight of the arm. So either they sent me the wrong needle, or this imitation is defective.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised & horrible sound, March 25, 2014
Gave it 1 star because this is not at all what I ordered or what was pictured. First off it isn't even an Audio Technica product like advertised, it wasn't even the same color, mine was red with no logo. Second, the sound quality sucked, I bought it with my Audio Technica AT-LP60 based on a lot of reviews saying it was better than the stylus it comes with. So I immediately replaced the original stylus, after a few days of listening I was disappointed with the sound so I put the original back in and the sound was 10 times better. Would not buy this product or from this seller again, It is only 15 bucks but don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Agreed on comments, March 12, 2014
mine was a yellow one not the product pictured here. Caused my albums to skip and distort a bit not like the one that came with turntable. Vendor sent and delivered timely manner, just not good product in my case. I went to Audio Technica to buy one from them and chalking this one up to a loss. Sorry but it's true
The Stylus cleaner they sent was great though

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›