5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it looks like
I purchased this set to accompany one that came with my ratchet driver (it actually replaces it since it had the same SAE setup). These are great for the garage in a pinch when you don't want to haul out the socket sets. These are quite good for their purpose: any small nut that you can get loose by hand will work for these.

I would imagine they'd strip out...
Published on April 26, 2010 by Ernie

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of sockets with two significant limitations
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:45 Mins
Published on February 19, 2011 by Bob Tobias

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of sockets with two significant limitations, February 19, 2011
This review is from: TEKTON 2928 14-Piece Power Nut Driver Bit Set (Tools & Home Improvement)
Length:: 0:45 Mins

Update: When I originally posted this review the listing wasn't clear about where these bits would work and where they wouldn't. Since that time the manufacturer as responded with feedback to this review, updated their product listing to clearly indicate the potential problem, and offered the TEKTON 2938 Quick-Change Power Nut Driver Bit Set with Detents, 14-Piece which avoids the probelm entirely.

On the plus side, you get 14 sockets and a convenient holder for one low price. Each socket is clearly and indelibly labeled and so is the holder.

Now for the limitations...

First, the shafts are missing a detent that allows them to be securely held by a quick release chuck such as with the Milwaukee 2401-22 12-Volt Li-Ion Compact Driver Kit or the (very useful) Milwaukee 48-28-1020 12" x 1/4" All Hex Extension.

Second, many drive sockets include a magnet to hold the nut before it's driven or after it's removed. With these sockets if you need to work at a downward angle you'll need an assist either from your hands or another tool. (The video has a socket from the Denali 31-Piece Titanium Drilling and Screwdriving Bit Set, currently unavailable from Amazon, as an example of a socket with a magnet.)

From my experience, for all this set has to offer, it's worth paying a bit more for one that overcomes its limitations.

BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews, accompanied by detailed videos, can take the place of first-hand experiences that are often lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and try to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and the video at least entertaining. If there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:06:28 AM PDT
Based on the feedback, we are creating another set that will have detents. It should be available in a few months. In regards to magnets, our new set will not have magnets. However, our TEKTON 2906 Magnetic Nut Driver Set, 3-Piece has both magnets and detents.

We apologize to anyone who bought this set expecting detents. When the new set comes out, we will makes sure that there is a clear distinction between the two. Thank you all for being a TEKTON customer and for posting such helpful reviews like this one. If anyone has questions or concerns about TEKTON or our tools, please email us at support@tektontools.com or call 888-648-8665. Thanks!

UPDATE: Our new set with detents, the TEKTON 2938 Quick-Change Power Nut Driver Bit Set with Detents, 14-Piece, is now available on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it looks like, April 26, 2010
Ernie "Ernie" (Greenwich, CT United States) - See all my reviews

I would imagine they'd strip out quickly (or strip the nut head) applying hard or sudden torque, but that's clearly not what they're meant for.

If you look at the picture, you can see that these hex bits aren't standard (longer) length, as they're intended for use in a magnetized ratchet driver (or power drill, assuming you have the torque below 'drill').

As another reviewer (angrily) pointed out, these aren't meant for impact wrenches or fast change bits.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless, February 2, 2010
Total waste of money! 1/4" Hex Shanks are suppose to have a groove in the stem to hold them in place. To short for my cordless drill and doesn't hold in my cordless screwdriver. So they are useless to me. Thought I might have something to extend the shank, but no luck

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but somewhat useful, November 2, 2010
For the price, I can't complain. As another reviewer said, they have no 'detent', so they can't be held 'in place' (in a impact driver) IN EVERY POSSIBLE POSITION IMAGINABLE. And also, they aren't magnetized. But I'm not a contractor, building a house. Their shaft fits 'tightly enough' into the 1/4 inch hex drive of my Makita impact driver, and a little 'quake hold' (that's a kind of sticky-putty for you 'non-Californians') adequately keeps the screw's hex head positioned in the 'driver bit' while I 'drive' in the socket-headed screw. For simple weekend do-it-yourself tasks, you can't beat the price for the variety of sizes you get. The shafts are a little short, but again, I just need it for putting in a short hex head screw in a wooden cabinet, etc....and they're fine for that kind of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, should cover many applications!, September 20, 2011
I bought this set for the range of sizes that it covers and the increments of sizes.

It should cover any size that I need and comes in a compact set. Easy to include in your driver set for those unusual applications.

Well worth the few dollars to know that you are prepared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, September 15, 2011
Duffer. "Bo" (Conyers, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
For a mere 5 bucks there are 14 different nut drivers in a convenient holder marked with the sizes. They make a handy addition to my tool collection. I have used them a number of times with my Dewalt impact driver and they suit my purposes far better than I had expected. As has been pointed out in numerous reviews, these nut drivers do not have indents or magnets. If you need either or both of those features then you don't want this set. I don't need either of those features and am satisfied with the performance of this set and the bargain price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in a pinch...., January 27, 2011
All the reviews are accurate, if you are looking for quick change bits for your impact driver, don't look here cause they don't have the detent that holds them in place. For the cost of admission it is a good product to have in case you come across an odd size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tool steel, english and metric, and fits my screwdriver, January 17, 2011
I use the ryobi small power screwdriver from their larger kit Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRHP41LK 4V Cordless Lithium-ion Screwdriver - it runs on 4V li-ion batteries specially designed for the tools - their 5 piece kit included a charger, 2 battery packs, power screwdriver, power shears, flashlight, cell phone charger, and amplified hearing protection that cuts out impulse noise for added working comfort.

These nutdrivers fit the screwdriver kit well and turn it into a power nutdriver. The housing is convenient to keep every part together and close at hand. I've gotten security bits, drills, and now this unit to use with the power driver which runs a long time on a single battery so I'm very pleased with the system. I'd like for amazon to stock more of these type of bits as they really expand the usefullness of your tools.

Note - the ryobi is no substitute for an 18V dewalt, but it also fits in your back pocket making it handy for small nuts like these bits are for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, especially for the price!, December 16, 2010
Brian Beam (HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Just what I was looking for, compact, good quality. The case holds the bits tight, but not too tight. It really is the perfect nut driver set, with all of the basic sizes ready to go.

I would def buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, January 25, 2011
Good for the money. Unlike most cheap junk, these actually hold in the case well. I have used them to fasten wood together with hex-screws. Much better than using the philips head! So far none have stripped on me. The only downside is they are non-magnetic. It's a pain to hold screws in place on hard woods. However, for the money this kit is worth having in the drill box because you'll be glade when you absolutely need it.

TEKTON 2928 14-Piece Power Nut Driver Bit Set