4.0 out of 5 stars 3-way folding shovel
For the money, this folding shovel is very well constructed of heavier steel than I had expected, with good tolerances, not loosely made, like other folding shovels. It folds open and closes easily and smoothly. It compares well with other similar products which cost considerable more. I carry mine in the truck.
Published on May 3, 2009 by Bob Meaddonaldson

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed
Published 20 months ago by Payton

4.0 out of 5 stars 3-way folding shovel, May 3, 2009
This review is from: TEKTON 7888 3-Way Folding Survival and Camping Shovel with Storage Pouch (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect E-Tool, September 16, 2011
This is a well made excavation tool, as good as any military issued one. Although I would not trust the cloth pouch to carry the thing under any stress. Pouch is just to keep the dirt stuck to the shovel blade from coming off in your pack, but I doubt it works very well. Get a ziplock bag for it if you like.

One reviewer stated that it did not lock in place. It does, just be sure to continue to "unscrew" the locking mechanism, and it locks the shovel in place just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Emergency Shovel, February 7, 2011
Very stout. Folds up nicely. This is a real shovel, not a garden trowel like most of the other items in this category. Exactly what I wanted for my vehicle emergency kit. Wouldn't want to take it backpacking due to size and weight. Product arrived with a little rust on it, so I hosed it down with WD-40.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every car should have one, April 7, 2013
If you get stuck this will get you out. It takes up very little space and you can hit someone over the head with it if they turned zombie. What more could you ask for in a tool?

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, March 30, 2013
I am very disappointed with this purchase. as soon as I got this product in the mail the bag carrying pouch for the shovel was ripped, no big deal I thought because I didn't buy it for the pouch. the shovel looked nice but when I folded it out I realized how bent it was! the handle is bent so it barely opens and the rod connecting the shovel is so bent that it wont fully extend and the locking mechanism wont screw up because how bent the pole is! maybe im just unlucky and they sent me a broken faulty version of their product but im not satisfied! AWFUL PRODUCT!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 1, 2013 6:37:03 AM PDT
Hi Payton. My name is Brennen. I am a TEKTON Customer Service Representative. It sounds like you received a defective shovel. We would be happy to send you a replacement. To arrange for shipping of your replacement shovel, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at support@tektontools.com or call us at 888-648-8665. We want your experience using our tools to be great and appreciate your review. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot go wrong with price on this one!!, August 19, 2013
Worth every dime. I buy alot of stuff online. For the money on this item you cannot go wrong. Folds up nice and can be put away in small place. Works great. I would purchase this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, September 11, 2014
I looked at other shovels in the price range but felt uncomfortable with them. They appeared to be made of cheap, flimsy material. However when I saw this shovel I had a better feeling about it. The shovel came yesterday along with the Cammenga Official US Military Tritium Lensatic Compass, Box 3H, Black. For the price it was more than I expected. The material is quite good and if used properly it should last a long time. Using it for backpacking, out in the woods, for three weeks at a time each year this shovel should out last me.

I was considering another purchase of this same shovel for the car but I live in Alabama now so I don't expect any snow storms anytime soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 1, 2013
I use this product when we went camping sometime it actually works ok and I used it to fill sand bags too

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse quality than what you pay for, December 2, 2014
Came out of the box flimsy. The scoop hung at the wrong angle totally useless for digging. I used a wrench to tighten the nuts and bolt holding the scoop, but when folded then unfolded the shovel was flimsy again.
When tightened again (and not refolded) and actually used in the snow. It was only a matter of a few scoops before the scoop returned to the wrong angle.
Returned for a refund. I would not recommend this shovel to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 6, 2013
This shovel is sturdy and works great. It is a little heavy but I guess that's because it's made out of steel and tough. Easy to assemble and break down. Should be part of any camping bag or BOB.