5.0 out of 5 stars Expect compliments
Published on August 10, 2010 by Gardengirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work.
Published on December 10, 2011 by beanbug

5.0 out of 5 stars Expect compliments, August 10, 2010
This review is from: TEKTRUM 82 FT-LONG 150 BLUE LED TWO-IN-ONE SOLAR STRING FAIRY LIGHTS OUTDOOR
I am VERY pleased with these lights; I like the nice long strands, the color is very pretty, and I have received numerous compliments on them and questions on where I got them. I have strung these down a side path that was always very dark at night, and these add the perfect "fairy" touch. The only thing I would like better is if, on the flash setting, that they "twinkled" more than just all flash at the same time, so I keep them on the "steady" setting. I would definitely recommend these, and if more colors were available, I would order those too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work., December 10, 2011
beanbug (Bristol, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered two sets, one for a gift and one for use at Christmas. I got them out and discovered the first problem: the lights must be "on" to charge. The illustrations shows an up or down on/off switch, but the actual switch is covered by a rubber dome and the on/off is up or down... which you can't determine. So I pushed it once, left it in the sun a day, and nothing. So I pushed the button again, left it in the sun a day, and nothing. Well, not quite: there was a blue flash for an instant. It seems as if it's not connecting properly or something. The instructions said to check the battery to see if it has come unseated. Nope, right in there. So either the battery is bad or there's some other connection wrong. I haven't yet asked the person I gifted with the other set: she'd be too nice to tell me if they didn't work.

That would be my advice to anyone purchasing these: try 'em out as soon as you get them.

I'm very disappointed. I don't like to do negative reviews, but in this case I would have appreciated more negative ones before I bought-- or didn't buy. So now I'm off to try to find lights that actually work.

UPDATE: I bought a new, pre-charged battery and put it in. Lovely! For about two days. I think the solar rechanging mechanism is defective and the only way around it is to recharge the batteries separately.... but who wants to replace batteries every two days? I don't enjoy giving bad reviews and I want to give the product every chance, but this set is just a dud. I may have gotten the only defective set-- lucky me!-- but just in case, try yours out asap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a month, October 11, 2011
What a waste of money! One worked longer than the other; the batteries must have been very old to not recharge.
Either that or the solar chargers were bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairy Magic, September 15, 2011
I bought 2 strands of lights and came back for more. They look so cool around my tress in the back yard and I didnt have to find a plug! The lights are brighter than other solar lights I have seen. Great bargin.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have 2 strands and I love them., August 27, 2011
I ordered one strand and liked it so well; I bought another they are beautiful and are delivered very timely. I have several different brands in my yard but, these by far are my favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Lights!, March 13, 2012
These are a nice set of lights!! Beautiful blue! Put them up for Xmas and haven't taken them down. Only thing I would mention is they look longer than they are and that they need alot of sun for full charge. But they are very pretty and worth what I paid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quit working within six months of use., April 30, 2014
These lights are very pretty and stay on almost all night when the days are long and sunny. I was using these lights during the winter months in the FL Keys and taking them down and storing them in the summer when i was not there. The lights were never out more than six months at a time and it was during the dry season in the keys. They may have gotten wet 5 times during the whole winter. I have three sets of these lights. Two do not work anymore. After I inspected the lights I found some of the lights had a brown color to them. I cut one open and found the brown color was rust. These lights are not water proof. The heat shrink they use on the lights only protect the top part of the lights. Water can get under/in between the wire causing the light contacts to rust. Your lights will continue to work until enough lights rust out then the whole string goes dead. My suggestion to the company use the heat shrink that has glue this should seal the lights completely from moisture and you will have a better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, March 25, 2014
Bought last spring for summer use. Long sunny days. Lights last 2hrs.at best even after sunny days! Tried new battery, no help! solar charger is just no good.

3.0 out of 5 stars looked great, February 25, 2013
BluesMuze (LAKELAND, FL, US) - See all my reviews
These light have a nice soft blue glow, not too bright like other white ones. but they didnt work for very long..

5.0 out of 5 stars TEKTRUM BLUE LED LIGHTS, January 5, 2013
Tektrum blue LED lights.
They are brighter and better than I expected. They arrived sooner than promised.
I will definately order them again.

Rate and Discover Movies