Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2012 6:37:40 AM PDT
Rab says:
So what's up everyone!? It's Thursday, and the last day of class for this week. Splatterhouse and Enslaved are 9.99 at newegg.com if anyone is interested. Oh and the reason it's TERA Thurs., is bc the open beta is coming up. Anyone can create an account and use code TERABETA to play on the 20th.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 6:41:52 AM PDT
Docgreedo says:
Meh to MMO's Rabbit :)

I'm just not social enough of a gamer to do them I guess. Could be a boring day here but we'll see what the day brings.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 6:50:40 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I am currently sitting at work eating a bacon and egg sandwich that I just made at work. It's actually not too bad!

I am not against MMO's and would like to play some of them. I just feel bad playing them when I know I could be playing all the games in my backlog. If I got really into an MMO I would never beat anything.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 6:50:47 AM PDT
Almost Friday, Thursday.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 6:55:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 6:57:23 AM PDT
Rab says:
You guys suck! Play with me dammit! >.<

I'm just kidding. Well since I"m here I might as well keep on checking up on hotels. I wonder if we should book them early.... Hell I don't even know what the cost of weekend passes for PAX Prime are yet! But splitting the cost, I think me and Pardee can get away with 500 or less in hotel costs. Your friend wanna come too pardee?

OH and I thought of that too Pardee. that's why I'm not sure I'll go through with my TERA preorder. Diablo 3 definitely keeping though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 6:58:51 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I would totally play with you, Rabbit! Maybe when the game comes out I can post the laptop that I have and someone can tell me if it would work to play the MMO.

Yeah, it sucks that they haven't said the prices for PAX Prime yet. Hopefully they will announce them soon now that PAX East is over.

I am still not sure about my coworker. I first need to make sure he definitely wants to come and then that he can get the time off. We are in the same department so he has to make sure we can both be off for a few days. I'll grill him today about it once I see him!

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:01:57 AM PDT
Rab says:
Hahaha there's a tool on the launcher for Tera that tells you if your computer means minimum specs. Oh also Aion, another MMO that came out like a year or so ago, is not free to play!

Alrighty dood let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 7:06:44 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Cool, I will have to try it out then and seem if mine will work. I have only played two games on my laptop since I have had it and both weren't taxing games for computers. I played Portal and Braid and both worked fine.

So I am thinking I could easily save enough money to go to PAX Prime. I tend to spend a ton of extra money on things I should and just by cutting out one of those I could get nearly enough. I love to go to Starbucks in the morning for breakfast and end up going nearly every day since I always wake up late and don't have time to make breakfast. I also buy twice the amount there since I will usually buy the person's breakfast there that I go to work with. Cut that out four out of the five days a week for now until August. That's nearly $800 in savings!

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:09:34 AM PDT
Rab says:
Nice. The more I think about saving up for it, the more I should cancel some orders I have outstanding lol. I mean I coudl still afford them, but we would want some spending money while we're there. Not to mention we might wanna impress some cosplaying hotties!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 7:12:29 AM PDT
skillet says:
This person you go to work with... and buy breakfast for... daily... is a chickadee isn't she?

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:14:41 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
MMO's require too much of a schedule for me. I've been interested in a few, but I tend to game in spurts... one week I'll play ME3 for like 12 hours, then won't touch it again for another month. So the social aspect of an MMO kills it for me. Anybody that I hook up with at one point will have outlevelled me the next time I get a chance to play a lot, so I end up basically soloing... so I might as well not be playing an MMO at all.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:15:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 7:18:29 AM PDT
Rab says:
Haha I know i'd pay for a chickadee's breakfast everyday.

Unless you play with me Emu! I do the same thing. I'm looking at Tera bc it's fun action based, but I wish they had a lifetime membership thing like The Secret World is doing. That one has interested me since it was announced though. I preordered both just to get the betas to sorta try them out. I'll cancel at the last minute if I don't think they're worth it. Tera I might still try out for a month to see though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 7:25:41 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Lol, well I wish I could say it was for someone that I was interested in but it's as far from that as could be. I carpool with my dad to work since we work at the same company but in different departments. That might interest you but I don't go for the whole incest thing.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:30:55 AM PDT
Rab says:
Ok daydream bubble busted with that! I was imagining this hot blonde in a well fitted suit sitting with Pardee talking and laughing at all of his jokes. I imagine it like one of those movies, where they just nonchanlantly talk about anything and everything. She touches his arm, and then....bam it just turned into your father and the dream breaks into a millions glass shards. Thanks Pardee!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 7:34:55 AM PDT
skillet says:
ok that makes sense, cause I couldn't see how it would compute otherwise.

Dad: Hey we are not getting breakfast today?
Pardee: Nah, I'm trying to save up some money, if you don't mind.
Dad: Not at all, son. It's not how much you make, it's how much you save. Very responsible. I'm proud of you, son.
Pardee: Yep, I need money to go on a trip with rabbit to see some hot booth babes.
Dad: What the...

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:39:04 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Ha ha, sorry to ruin your fantasy Rabbit. You had it all figured out in your head though!

Skillet, I think the word you are thinking of at the end of the sentence is frak?

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:39:15 AM PDT
Rab says:
Haha I like that conversation skillet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 7:39:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 7:43:59 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Meh. Because of those habits, I won't let myself do anything subscription based. I'd always feel like I was wasting money if I played anything else or simply took breaks from gaming. I can get behind F2P stuff like League of Legends or the upcoming Hawken, though.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:40:58 AM PDT
K. Nelson says:
Oh man, Pardee...oh man! You didn't need to go there! LOL What a way to start my morning...father/son incest. *shiver*

I hadn't heard of Aion...it's free now, eh? I will have to check that out rabbit. I love me my mmo's but I hate the grind...though with free to play grinding is a given, huh? The girl and I have been looking for an MMO to start playing. I bought SWTOR, but I'm not too impressed with it. It's nice and all, but it just seems to be more of the same.

For those of you with older laptops you may want to consider an SSD. It will definitely breathe new life into your laptop and they're down to around $1/GB for the premium models (SATA3 with > 500 mbps read/write rates), but if you're on a tight budget I've seen some SATA2/250mbps models for around 60 cents/GB. I just got this for my laptop for $210 and it came with ME3 [PC]:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227727

The 120GB model has been hovering around $100 after rebate.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:51:45 AM PDT
Rab says:
I love my SSD on my desktop. My desktop boots all my necessary apps up in a flash. Wait time...what's that? Sadly when I go to my laptop, I'm like...this is taking forever. In actuality it takes only like 20 to 30 seconds slower for me to open my apps on my laptop.

I love me MMO's too Nelson. I've been trying to weed myself off them, since I only seem to duo or help ppl out in MMO's but not go full on social. Check out the TERA beta my man, it's more action based.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 8:08:26 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Ha ha, sorry to ruin it!

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:24:00 AM PDT
Rab says:
Hey Pardee this is what I hope we get to see while at PAX Prime!

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10969.html

But I am hoping they don't turn her away like in that article...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 8:32:38 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Dangit, the website is blocked at work and the link didn't work on my phone.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:41:25 AM PDT
Speaking of PAX Prime smedium shirts. I'm about to buy Incredible Hulk - Smash Costume T-Shirt for The Avengers. I may paint myself green and go full nerd. I am also forcing my buddies to wear Avenger shirts as well for the other characters (Thor, Captain America, Iron Man).

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:51:54 AM PDT
Rab says:
Oh I still need to buy that shirt that Pardee posted yesterday.

That sucks Pardee. It was a nice picture...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars (101)