|Brand Name||Audiovox Accessories Corporation|
|Item Weight||3.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.3 x 12.9 x 3.7 inches|
|Item model number||HDTVA|
|Item Display Height||3.5 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TERK Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.00 (29%)|
- Enjoy top-rated HDTV network programming and your favorite shows for Free with no monthly fee or subscription
- Supports up to 1080i HDTV broadcasts for high-quality picture and sound - within 45 miles of the towers.
- DISCLAIMER: Reception quality and channels received will depend on distance from towers, broadcast power, terrain and other factors.
- UHF and VHF elements for reception of all available broadcasts (channels 2-69)
- Highly directional UHF element reduces signal interference - delivers maximum gain
- Integrated amplifier boosts weak signals and preserves signal purity
- Great complement to streaming players and a dependable source when storms knock out cable or satellite television
- Designed and engineered in the USA and meets or exceeds CEA performance specifications for indoor antennas
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Audiovox Accessories Corporation
- Model Number: HDTVA
- Antenna Type: Fixed
- Width: 13.00 inches
- Display Height: 3.50 inches
From the Manufacturer
Choosing the Right Antenna
There are lots of factors that can affect your TV antenna reception. Visit our website and use our Antenna Finder zip code tool to see a list of channels being broadcast in your area and to help determine the best antenna to fit your specific need.
The TERK HDTVA
Amplified Indoor TV Antenna
This TERK Amplified Indoor Antenna provides both network and local television in full 1080 HD quality, for free. Delivering maximum gain with its highly directional UHF element and advanced amplification, the HDTVA outperforms TV antennas available from other manufacturers. Get stunning HD quality, the most powerful reception, and highest quality components with TERK.
- Integrated amplifier provides outstanding reception without saturating the signal
- Highly directional UHF element reduces signal interference —delivers maximum gain
- Supports up to 1080i HDTV broadcasts = Free HDTV
- Receives UHF and VHF channels = more content
- Compact design fits any home theater environment
- 6 foot coax cable included
Getting the Best Reception
The amount and quality of the channels you receive will depend on the following:
1) Channels being broadcast in your area.
2) Broadcast tower locations.
3) Strength of the broadcast signals.
4) Line of sight and environmental terrain.
Visit our website to find Reception Tips, FAQs, Product Information and more.
Streaming Player Companion
A TERK HD antenna is the perfect complement to streaming players such as Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, and more. Pair the HDTVA with your streaming device and get live content along with your favorite on-demand programming. This compact, directional antenna can sit on almost any surface and is designed to fit into any room environment, such as a secondary bedroom or child’s playroom.
Easy Set Up
TERK TV antennas are easy to install:
1) Connect the antenna’s coax cable into the back of your digital-ready TV.
2) Find the optimal placement for the antenna.
3) Scan for available channels, and you are ready to enjoy your free content.
Need assistance? Talk live to a TERK Customer Service Representative by calling our helpline.
Created to blend seamlessly into the modern home, all TERK TV antennas:
- Are designed and engineered in the USA.
- Are built with the highest quality components.
- Meet or exceed all quality and performance standards established by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
- Deliver the best, most reliable, uncompressed HD picture.
TERK’s advanced amplification technology offers precise amplification and allows TV tuners to pick up and amplify the right TV signals, unlike competitors’ amplifiers that also amplify background broadcast noise. The HDTVA’s integrated amplifier boosts weak signals to preserve purity while reducing signal noise with precision circuitry. Better amplification = More channels.
UHF and VHF Channels in HD
Many antennas on the market are optimized to receive only UHF broadcasts and do not reliably receive VHF. All TERK TV antennas are precision-tuned to receive both UHF and VHF frequencies and will provide you with the most HD content that is available in your area - the most popular over-the-air TV shows, news, sports and more.
Top Customer Reviews
In all, we tested 5, including the highly rated Zenith log periodic (about $40 at Sears), an amplified Samsung (about $99 at Best Buy), an outdoor Terk 32 (about $80 at Circuit City), our old roof mounted VHF/UHF antenna (circa 1985), and the amplified Terk HDTVa (about $50 at Radio Shack). The Terk HDTVa won hands down; no contest, blowing away the much touted Zenith.
We live in the sparsely populated, low hill countryside of Western Massachuetts. The THDTVa effortlessly brings in between 20 and 30 analogue and digital (incl hdtv) channels broadcast most from 12 to 45 miles away, and some as far as 65+ miles away in Connecticut. Some digital OTA channels actually come in more sharply than some of the (Dish) satellite digital channels.
This is definitely a keeper: a great value, gem of an antenna. So good, in fact, we are debating giving up our $50/month Dish service, putting $15 of that to Netflix to replace HBO, and banking the remaining $35.
To check your specific situation, I recommend you try [...] Click button on first page, enter your full address and you will get a report unique to your home about how/where your channels are broadcast, including a map showing exactly how you should point your antenna. In my case, all my required channels were "yellow" and all in the same compass direction. If you are very far from broadcast source or channels are coming from many different directions, it may not work. However, with good return policy, it can't hurt to try.
I live around 25 miles from Manhattan, where the towers of most TV stations are located. I am also aware of the directional information from [...], and have experimented accordingly with its effects on reception. My apartment's windows all face north, while the signals all comes from southwest. I cannot get signals from where it comes from, and thus needed to get signals from deflections perhaps off nearby buildings and trees. It's a very poor circumstance for over-the-air reception, maybe just slightly better than being underground. Signals are weak, and are affected by weather. Stormy and windy days have shown effects at disrupting signal reception.
With this said, and without going into much detail, let's talk about the antennas. Now all these antenna have been tested with the same equipment, setup, directional adjustments, location, etc. etc. and have been tested through good an foul weather, day and night, to observe differences.
1.Terk HDTVa Terk HDTVa Indoor Amplified High-Definition Antenna for Off-Air HDTV Reception- After reading some rave reviews and high ratings at [...], log periodic types (looks like a fishbone) seems to be the way to go. I got the Terk HDTVa first, thinking that the amplification and VHF antenna should nail my reception problems at the start. However, after more than two weeks of fidgeting around ad nauseam (directions, locations, amplifications, different devices, etc.Read more ›
|Length: 3:37 Mins|
I recently got the Terk HDTVa Indoor Amplified High-Definition Antenna because with hulu and netflix and so on I just did not want to pay for cable any more.
The video shows how easy it is to assemble the antenna, and hook it up to your TV.
I also try to show the not so good points of this product - how big it is, and the short antenna cable.
Overall, great product in my opinion - I hope you enjoy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The reception was only fair. I had to get cable to get better reception.Published 1 day ago by crystal lady
The indoor antenna is ok if you are in close (35 miles) of broadcast tv. I access all networks except PBS which is same range. Read morePublished 2 days ago by phil martin
It didn't work properly so my money was refunded for this product.Published 5 days ago by Rodney Hartleib
Works great, I am 36- 40 miles from the local Stations. I am using it indoors sitting on a bookshelf.Published 6 days ago by TR
This is the worse purchase that I have ever made. The thing is not balanced and falls over, it has very long rabbit ears, the cable that attaches to the tv is located on the bottom... Read morePublished 15 days ago by S. K. Small