4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not excellent
In the suburbs of Dallas, this unit works well. We are able to get most of the local channels to supplement our DirecTV channels. There isn't as much adjustment as we would like but we are satisfied with the overall performance. It does much better than the powered indoor antenna that we had been using. We wouldn't recommend it for more rural users because we don't...
Published on February 22, 2007 by Charles W. Cerny

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with single receiver systems
Nowhere in the description or packaging does it say that this antenna requires a satellite multiswitch. A multiswitch is used for systems using more than 1 TV/receiver. The antenna amplification comes from the satellite multiswitch, and without amplification, this antenna is no better than a pair of simple rabbit ears.

This antenna may work great for those with...
Published on October 26, 2005 by A. Koeller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coverage - a bit tight to fit, September 13, 2009
This review is from: TERK Clip-On Dish HDTV Antenna - TV44 (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This is my second Terk TV44 - the former zapped in a terrible storm. I live approximately 65 miles from the Dallas area and this antenna provides 36 channels with signal strength measured by my Dish receiver at 85-100%. Works very well but would assume that terrain will be the greatest factor in determining signal pull. A bit of a tight fit on the Dish HD antenna, but discovered that if you completely remove the tightening disks and install with the antenna in place it is an easy job. (Removal of the disks not in the instructions).

4.0 out of 5 stars Antenna Recommended, January 18, 2009
I was surprised how good this antenna worked considering I live in a rural area with television stations over 100 miles away. I assume that the 14 HD channels I pick up now are due to local transmitter towers. It also brought in quiet a few analog stations clearly. I would recommend it as a good antenna for over the air reception where a larger antenna is not feasible.

3.0 out of 5 stars HD problem, July 9, 2008
Antenna works great on local stations and the range was surprising. However, it cutout the HD portion of the signals. Seems I could have local channels or HD but not both. DirecTV. Still experimenting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terk TV44 Antenna, October 22, 2007
This product works great in our rural area. Allows us to get in our local networks crystal clear, which is great since our satellite company does not carry them. Also brings in 5-6 other channels fairly well that we would not get otherwise.

1.0 out of 5 stars The antenna is NOT compatible with all mini-dish systems, May 28, 2007
The Terk 44 does not work with Dish 1000 satellite dishes. After installing, I found out the hard way that this dish does not work with my ATT Dish Network HD DVR system. The description states that "The antenna is compatible with all mini-dish systems". This is NOT true. This might work for your system, but check to see if your dish is a Dish 1000 first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate convenience, February 7, 2007
After reading several reviews for this product, I was concerned about the reception I would receive once it was installed. I'm happy to say, however, that I can now receive all of my local HD channels, and the picture is outstanding (analog channels aren't so great). Add to this the convenience of not having to go into my attic to run cables, and not having to attach any new equipment to my roof, and I'm one happy camper. The kicker is, after taking back the other antenna and all of the additional equipment I bought before coming across this antenna, I ended up saving about $80!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, BUT you must know your dish system!!!, September 6, 2010
OK, I have had this Terk TV44 OTA antenna for several years and have had no reception issues at all. I use it for digital OTA signal, mainly HD signal. What most people don't know is that this antenna is amplified and uses your receivers for power (uses the voltage sent to the LNBs). You also have to install a diplexer at the receiver to split the signals. But mainly, you need to make sure you know what LNBs and dish you have along with the switch installation. The Terk TV44 will support 4 rooms IF a separate switch is used between the Terk and recievers. It will only support two receivers mainly as is on Legacy LNB dishes (must use all 4 in and out ports, two lines to each LNB) and can be used for three receivers on a triple sat dish with switch built-in on LNB head. If your dish is only a twin sat dish, then you only need a TV42, not this TV44. But like I said, it only does two receivers mainly, not four as is with no other parts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reception, not compatible with newer satellite systems, July 21, 2014
Kay Gurley (Greenway, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This antenna had great reception for me, once I did some work. It was incompatible with my satellite system, so I had to run an extra cable for it. I also bought a Winegard power supply which I attached to the diplexer on the DC Passthrough (satellite box) side to provide power for the built-in amplifier. I live over 60 miles from the nearest TV station, and have no problems with reception with this antenna.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you have DirecTV, October 24, 2011
We bought this to work with our DirecTV system because directv doesn't have "local" channels in our area. Someone we knew used this with their directv systme to pick up the local channels about 40 miles away and it worked great for them. But as it turns out their system is quite a bit older than ours and it can no longer be hooked up to the newer systems. Now you have to spend an extra $50 - $75 to buy a special converter to hook this up through your directv system (which is the only way this works). I really would not bother. This was the biggest hassell ever!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I hooked it up wrong but..., October 10, 2011
Maybe I hooked it up wrong but a set of regular bunny ear antennas work much better than this device. I figured the antenna being outside would improve over the air reception but I could only get maybe 1 or two stations while the bunny ears would recieve several.

Rate and Discover Movies