5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable DVD player mounting system!
I searched high and low for exactly this product - and the price can't be beat! (FYI: I bought this when it was about half the price it is now...)

I bought one of those Case Logic cases, but it was bulky, hard to set up and opened halfway - so the dvd player kept sliding and my son, in his car seat, couldn't see it. Real pain.

This case is a perfect...
Published on July 9, 2011 by Amanda

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for
This is VERY cheap BUT might have done the job had the straps that attach to your headrest been closer together to fit smaller headrests. I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox and the headrest is like a small square and the straps on this thing are so far apart. I had to return.
Published on September 17, 2011 by C. E. Jahn

5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable DVD player mounting system!, July 9, 2011
Amanda (Big Flats, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFY Car Headrest Mount for Swivel & Flip Style Portable DVD Player-9 Inch (Electronics)

This case is a perfect fit for my Sony DVP FX 970 (9-inch player, fit is snug), the screen swivels and so I can slip it into this case.

My only reservation was that the control buttons on the DVD player are really sensitive and they are inside the casing, I was worried that hitting bumps in the road might knock the dvd out of commission (starting it, stopping, fast forward, menu, etc.) ...but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. The sound was still good (despite that the speakers for the player are under the mesh).

This is really lightweight - no velcro - they are buckles that snap. I wish the straps were a smidge longer (so I could hook it up for my son's rear-facing car seat in the back - he is in the middle - but I did manage to rig it up).

Really awesome buy, especially when compared to $30+ for the Case Logic system. I was hesitant to buy this because I didn't see any reviews - but I am soooo glad I did!

Also, I ordered this the Thursday before July 4 - and it came by Saturday. I was so shocked at how fast it arrived. All in all, great product, fast service. I'm happy.

My only idea for improvement - a clear plastic screen that would protect the actual DVD player screen. But really, this thing is fantastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but seems kinda pricy for what it is., October 8, 2011
This is exactly what I was looking for to use with our Sony DVP-FX970. My daughter is still rear facing, so I wanted something that could easily be moved from the rear headrest to the front headrest and from vehicle to vehicle when we switch cars......or removed completely when I'm parked somewhere where I don't want to advertise that we have a portable DVD player in the car. Have used this in my parents car, an Acura MDX as well....but since their car had narrower headrests, had to use a zip tie to pull the 2 straps together in the back so they wouldn't slip off the headrest. All in all, this seems to be better than the other options I came across when I was shopping for a headrest mount (like the ones that involve having to attach hardware to a headrest making it impractical to move from car to car), but $20 for something that's made out of a little bit of elastic, netting and fabric covered cardboard seems a little bit steep.

**Update**
Recently found a handy new use for this so I wanted to update my original review. Brought my daughter's portable DVD player on a recent airplane flight. I had thrown this mount in the bag thinking we might use it once we got to our destination, but while I was on the plane, realized that I could attach it to the back of the tray table & attach the DVD player to the back of the seat in front of us. Not having to have the tray table down meant there was extra leg room for Mommy & Daddy which is a big win in my book. : )

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, September 17, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my DVD Player!, June 19, 2012
I purchased a Philips 9-Inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player about a year ago for my daughter. We only use the main screen since she is the only one watching. In the last several months, no matter how I tried to tighten or re-position the straps that it came with, the DVD Player was moving so much that on my 45 minute commute, anything she was watching would just skip constantly. I was about ready to just take the thing out of the car and call it a loss when I found this. This has saved our DVD player and now it NEVER skips from movement, even when I hit big bumps or potholes. It fits our DVD player perfectly and all the buttons are accessible. I am contemplating removing the mesh that covers the lower front buttons, but so far it hasn't been much on an issue, I just have to slip my finger inside it to feel for which button I need to push. If you are having problems with vibration/movement making your DVD Player skip and/or the door open sensor constantly trigger, get this and it will solve all that. As mentioned in some previous reviews, the straps that come with this are a little short and might be an issue if you have a really large/over-sized headrest. I had to pre-tighten them a little, but it fits fine on my 2009 Nissan Rogue headrests.

3.0 out of 5 stars cheezy, but works....sort of., October 3, 2011
I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna and the headrest is a bit too tall and skinny for the straps to stay on. I had to add a couple thick rubber bands to hold the straps narrower on the headreast to make it stay put. That makes the center of it bow out towards the back. It really fits the sony dvp-fx970 well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Straps, March 3, 2012
Joseph J. Calabrese (Oxford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
For the price I would have thought the straps would be at least long enough to wrap around a standard headrest. I tried to get in on my 2009 Subaru Outback and it is preloaded so much that it probably will break in a few weeks. I may return it. The straps are about 7" long and should be 12" in order to lock properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 20, 2014
This item fits my portable dvd player perfectly! It's like it was designed specifically for my Sylvania SDVD9000B2 9-Inch Portable DVD Player. The head mount design is great! Fits perfectly and doesn't have bulky straps like other car mounts. Easy to mount to head rest and the velcro is strong and holds well.

1.0 out of 5 stars doubt it fits most headrests, August 6, 2011
The headrest in the product image is bulky and rectangular. The 4 cars I've tried this in have front headrests which are taller, tapered at the top and tilt forward. This mount does not work on any of them. The straps are either too short or slip off easily, and the viewing angle is poor.

I tried swapping out the front headrest for one of the rear ones, which are inherently boxier. However, the DVD player sits at at a poor viewing angle and it's very uncomfortable for the front passenger.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Sony DVP-FX970, September 13, 2012
I purchased this item to be used with a Sony DVP-FX970 because they were items "frequently purchased together". This is NOT a good match up. The controls get covered by the cloth on the mount, making navigation impossible without using the remote. It is really inconvenient to slide and flip the DVD player each time you change DVD's. It was not a good fit for a Chevrolet Suburban or VW Jetta with the provided straps unless you only have only one person viewing the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for headrests, August 27, 2012
Bill M "wjm7" (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
We used to have a Honda Odyssey EX-L with DVD system that flipped down from the top of the headboard control panel, we have four kids and when doing long roadtrips this was a lifesaver, but last year we sold the Odyssey and bought a Nissan Armada which did not come with the DVD system but instead has a big storage tray that flips down from above. We bought a Sony 9" flip/swivel portable DVD player but it was always difficult to get it somewhere where all 4 kids could watch. I thought of the headrest mounts but then I'd need at least two and it just didn't seem to work out positioned behind a headrest, then as I looked at how the straps on this unit mount to the headrest I began to think "I wonder if those straps can slip behind my flipdown storage tray and I can actually mount our portable DVD player to the top tray and then all the kids could watch it just like if we had a built in unit." So I ordered the product and to my amazement it worked. I needed just one extra strap to keep the unit secure to the storage tray (the built in straps mount it vertically but I needed an extra to go around horizontally so the DVD player doesn't flop around so much while driving). We have a male to male 3.5mm jack to connect the DVD player to the Armada's Bose audio system and the car charger cord also reaches the DVD player just fine. The only downside is changing DVD disks which requires you to pull the player out of the mount to change, but $120 + $20 for the mount is much cheaper than the $1000 quoted to us to put in a drop down screen and DVD changer and now we have a great solution for less than $150 for our road trips. Can't beat that.