Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TFY Mount-DVD-7 Car Headrest Mount for Swivel and Flip Style 7-Inch Portable DVD Player
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 10, 2011
To be honest, I've gone through more than a few headrest mounts in my kid's lives, and I was prepared for my norm - spend 20 bucks or so, get a mount I would have to jury-rig anyway, and use it 'till it broke (ie, about 6-8 months). When I opened the package, I was surprised at how LITTLE there seemed to be to the mount, and resigned myself to less than 6 months. Until I put the sucker to use. It's beauty is in it's brevity. SO simple to install, the DVD player slides right in, and it's actually TIGHT on my headrest! I thought I was going to do a little dance. The ONLY reason that I didn't give it 4 stars is that I could not find a way to attach it to a built in headrest - the ones without the adjustable goal-posts. But it will be a short-lived issue for us, since those are the back seat head rests, and I'm currently using this one facing the baby, in her rear-facing seat, to play Baby Einstein DVD's on long road trips (it helps a lot with my headache, which is usually brought on by her letting us in on her frustrations about being strapped down... at the top of her little lungs). However, I was able to attach it to the LATCH hook behind the headrest in a pretty serviceable fashion, so long as neither my husband nor I try to drive like Mario Andretti, which we both tend to avoid doing with the kids in the car. All in all, not only would I recommend it, I will be buying another one!
on February 12, 2012
I bought this for my Honda Pilot (you can see the photos by the description). It gets the job done. My daughter doesn't care that part of the top of the screen is covered by the casing. It's not plastic, but as long as the elastic bands on the side don't stretch out, it will be fine. Measure how wide your headrest is, to determine if this thing will fit properly.
review image review image
on August 21, 2011
Bought for a Sylvania 7" swivel DVD player I recently purchased for my son. It fits, although the top of the screen is slightly covered. My biggest gripe would be the placement of the snaps. When snapped on to the headrest, the snaps are at the exact middle instead of the top or bottom. Didn't bother me when I rested my head on the headrest, but it immediately jumped out as a "why on earth did they not put it at the top or bottom."

The DVD player fits nicely and has a little velcro thing to secure it at the top. The elastic on the side makes it difficult to turn it on/off, but that's just my specific model. I now put a new DVD in and turn it on before putting it in the holder.

A bit expensive for $20, but if you could get it for $10 it would be totally worth it.
on June 23, 2014
We used to spend 5-10 minutes getting our DVD holder set up before each car trip. This sets up in 30 seconds and the passenger in the front can slip the DVD player in and out while we are driving with little effort. We first bought one of these with our new swivel DVD player and loved it v. our older DVD player holder. Our older DVD player is the flip style and the carrying case is also the holder using two straps that had to be hung from the headrest. It was a pain to set up and one bump from kids legs or even from our head hitting the strap and it would slip down requiring us to pull over and readjust. We tried this with the older version DVD player and although this results in the screen sticking out the top with the body of the DVD player in this holder, it is worth the slight compromise because it is so easy to install and get the DVD player in and out. The fact the flip style DVD screen sticks out above this holder results in our 5 year old's head being slightly tilted up v. the swivel style shown in the picture where the screen is in the holder. It would be a different story for our 2 year old as he is already looking up slightly with it in the holder. So we simply use the swivel DVD in this holder for the 2 year old and the older flip style DVD in this holder for the 5 year old.
on July 1, 2013
easy to install, worked great with my Philips PD7012/37 7-Inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player, Black. 1 2 3
on November 12, 2015
The DVD unit I have came with a mounting case but did not work very well with my recently purchased a new vehicle (2016 Nissan Rogue). The 2 Velcro straps would irritate the passenger because their hair was getting caught in the strapping system. When I stumbled upon this DVD headrest mount, I was a bit skeptical; but really liked the way the strapping system's appearance and functionality.

This is by far the BEST mounting system I have had (been through a lot of them), this is truly one of those "DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH" items. I measured my DVD system and it was about an half inch shorter than the cases height; but I ordered it anyways. I just inserted a small foam strip across the bottom and it leveled it out perfectly!

Cons/Complaint:
The lower left elastic straps on the side of the case is right above the power plug and blocks the ON/OFF switch, and the upper left strap blocks the volume control.

Other than that I absolutely love the design, function and quality of this product and glad I purchased it!
review image review image review image
The wide, stretchy fabric is great, and the large area of Velcro keeps things in place. We used it on our 2000-mile road trip, to keep our toddler from losing her mind ... Getting the DVD player in and out to change the movie was kind of a pain, but I just made the older kids in the back sort it out. ;) Thanks!
on January 13, 2013
The item was super easy to attach to my headrest. Very strong grip. Easy to get player in and out.
on June 1, 2014
with one reservation: unless you have older kids with longer arms, it is difficult to change DVDs while driving. I have two of these mounts that each hold Sylvania SDVD7027 7-Inch Portable DVD Player with Car Bag/Kit, Swivel Screen, USB/SD Card Reader (Purple) on the driver and passenger headrests of my minivan. Overall, I am very, very pleased with this mount.

Pros:
1. It is easy to install if you have a seat with a removable headrest--just wrap the wide elastic band around the headrest (over the top and under the two prongs that affix the headrest to the seat) and attach with the super-sticky Velcro.
2. Any controls on the sides of the DVD player are easily accessible.
3. Mount holds the DVD player closely to the headrest--relatively flat profile. This makes the DVD player pretty unobtrusive while people are getting in and out of vehicles.

Cons:
1. If the controls for various features (e.g., volume, fast-forward, pause, etc.) are anywhere other than on the sides of your unit, it will be difficult to use those features unless your DVD player has a remote. I had to reach behind my head while driving to maneuver my hand in between the two halves of the DVD player to pause a movie for my 5-year old daughter (who doesn't know how to use the remote) and ended up opening the lid of the player by mistake. This is a non-issue if you have and know how to use your remote.
2. Changing DVDs requires unplugging headphones/charging cords and removing the player from the case. Not a problem if you have an older child with long arms, but my 7 and 5 year old daughters have to wait until we park somewhere so I can remove my seat belt, turn around and unplug everything, and then pull the unit out of the case to change the DVD.

I've had three other DVD car mounts, and all of them were more difficult to install. One of them fell apart within minutes of installation, and the other 2 held the screen to the headrest while the other half of the player (the half that houses the DVD along with the control buttons) stuck out far enough to catch on arms/bags/clothing every time the girls got out of the car.

I've had these mounts for over a month and am very pleased so far. Only time will tell how they hold up, but at only $18 a pop, I'll be ecstatic if they last more than a year. Good value.
on May 4, 2014
This fit the Sylvania SDVD7027-C, 7-Inch Portable DVD Player just right. It is stable and strong. A perfect match. And good purchase that even my 2 year old can handle it.