4.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in 24 hours
Published 20 months ago by Joanne Fountain

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not interesting....
this book really stretched the limits of logic, are we really supposed to believe that 2 people aren't aware they are having sex with a total stranger? The book starts out with a ridiculous scenario and just continues down a path of silliness.
Published on April 3, 2012 by Stacey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not interesting...., April 3, 2012
This review is from: IN THE ARMS OF A STRANGER (The Carringtons, #2 and The Malone, #3) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in 24 hours, November 11, 2012
I thought this book was a real page-turner. I was hooked from Chapter 1. Some of the drama towards the end was a bit overdone, but i think this book is a perfect little book for intermittent getaways. As a working woman on the road, I like books that can be thumbed through quickly while on a layover or delay, or to relax my mind before bed at yet another impersonal hotel. I finished it before I knew it. So now I gotta buy the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise 3 stars, October 27, 2012
Fiona (Stanthorpe, Australia) - See all my reviews
This is linked to another book by the same author and as it was free I downloaded it and read it. This is another lightweight romance with a fairly standard trope. In this case the heroine is waiting for her fiance to arrive at their motel room for their first time and is joined by another man by mistake. Of course he turns out to be a hero to die for and the race is on for her to decide between her stuffy overbearing fiance and this new man who lights her fires in every way.

I admit I found the blackmail plot a little annoying especially the way it went away and there was a fairly ridiculous addendum to the wrong bed scenario that just made the whole thing a bit over the top. But on the whole I enjoyed this story. It was quite well written and I liked the characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite 4 stars, but actually 3.75, February 27, 2013
It was a good read and I liked a lot the main characters, Bri and Jake, though sometimes I wanted to kick Jake. But, hey, he's a man, so no news there!
Bri and Jake as a couple were amazing. Funny and hot and sweet. I enjoyed their kissing and make-out moments, as well as their cuddling ones. So cute!
I also loved Bri's parents. Quite unique parents and very lovely. Awesome two characters!
I couldn't stomach Chad. He just made me so sick and angry.
The story was very nice and rather original. I liked it. Though I found it a little too long, but that's because I got frustrated at all the bad things kept happening to Bri and Jake.
The end kind of surprised me. When Jake found Brandy, his ex, at Chad's while waiting for Bri, I thought, "How cliché! Now Chad's gonna make so that Bri finds Jake with Brandy, and all hell brakes loose!" I was deadly wrong! I got a surprise!
Anyway, after that, I started sweating seven shirts for how frustrating and slowly we got to the final. But it was so sweet! Probably worth the wait.
Recommended, if you like pure good romance!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just so so, October 19, 2013
There were a lot of errors that could have used a good editor. Some sentences were just missing words so I had to guess what she meant to put into the sentence. The story was a good effort so I gave it three stars but that being said it just was not realistic. The H and h meet by having sex by accident. He enters the wrong hotel room and assumes it is his pain in the a** girlfriend who is now totally different in a good way. Just not believable but later we discover that the h fiancé went into the wrong room to the H girlfriend and neither of them realized they were with the wrong person either. Really? Four people having sex with the wrong partners and nobody realized what was going on? Please!!

Also the h allows her fiancé to walk all over her and later in the book when she ends up with the H she allows him to boss her around as well. She is the daughter of a powerful businessman who treats her like gold. No way would she allow all these men to boss her around. I found her character annoying and not very believable that she allows so many people to mistreat her. She is a grown woman not a child so she should have stood up for herself at some point.

The story was not horrible but there were a lot of things I just did not like. Would not read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bellacalma, October 15, 2013
I was hook on this book from the beginning One mistake and Jack and Bri life was completely transformed. I would recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars In the arms of a stranger, October 5, 2013
I enjoyed this book so much I read it in one day was not too revealing just the amount of love to renew my love one's again thank you for this book Destiny an fate goes hand in hand

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for a reason, October 5, 2013
I really enjoyed Little White Lies (the first book) so I thought I would get this one in the series. From the opening start on my Kindle I had to make the font smaller. In fact I had to go to the smallest font available for the font hurt my eyes and gave me a distraction. As a read the font went from big to very small that it hurt to try to read the small print. So, I am not picking this book back up until (and if) the font has been corrected. Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!, August 3, 2013
I must say that I loved reading the story of Jake and Brie. What an absolutely gorgeous couple they made. Talk about a match made in heaven, they were just perfect for each other. And I truly enjoyed their journey to happily ever after. Highly recommended. There were quite a few errors, but that didn't take away from the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars If You woke up the middle of the night in the arms of a sexy, stranger...What would you do?, June 2, 2013
She was waiting for her fiance'. They were going to see if they were compatible sexually before they got married. He was late and she had fallen asleep. She was awakened, in the dark, when the man who slipped into her bed made love to her. Shockingly, in the morning, she realized her mistake. They both agreed to pretend it never happened because he was supposed to have met a woman that night as well. She is thrown back into this mysterious lovers' path again through business dealings. It's hard to forget the most fantastic night of your life! And he's not helping because he keeps reminding her. But she is still engaged to be married. What a mess!!! Follow along. An enjoyable and at times, funny humorous look at what might be. A light read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›