5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Read for Any Dieter
Published on November 17, 2009 by E.T. Barton

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR TRANSFER FROM PRINT TO KINDLE
Published on January 28, 2011 by Marti Ceijas

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Read for Any Dieter, November 17, 2009
I recently bought this book only because I wanted a calorie counter. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and Man! am I glad this was the book that came up in the Amazon search engine. I'm only halfway through it, and it is fascinating. It explains everything that food does to your body in clear, easy to understand formats. It's not just a "Do-This" kind of book... It's a "Why You Need to Do This" kind of book. And as far as I'm concerned, these kinds of books are hard to find. Get it. You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Carbs After 5PM Diet, December 1, 2012
I've been on this diet for a few months and this book answered some questions for me - like How do you go out to dinner or How do you manage if you have to eat cake at a party. There are recipes in the book too to help you stay on this very successful and easy-to-do diet.

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR TRANSFER FROM PRINT TO KINDLE, January 28, 2011
Marti Ceijas (Pittsfield, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I went ahead and bought this e-book based on another viewers rave review, but I am highly disappointed and frustrated by the format as it shows up in Kindle for PC. The tables look like they have been scanned into the e-book as pictures and therefore are mostly unreadable because the font is so small and the font does not adjust with the Kindle tool available for the purpose. I am diabetic and thought it would be so nice to have a carb counter in 3-book format rather than having to lug around my heavy paper copy everywhere. Still like the idea, but this publication just doesn't make the mark. The headers disappear as you scroll down the pages so you end up with a food name, for example "apple" followed by a series of numbers the significance of which are lost because the heading is back somewhere on another page. Very disappointing. I plan to pursue getting a refund for this book because it does not perform as advertised.

THE NO CARBS AFTER 5PM DIET
THE NO CARBS AFTER 5PM DIET by Joanna Hall (Paperback - 2005)
Used & New from: $6.49