4.0 out of 5 stars Great show piece but not very practical!
Love this guy! Looks great on the counter. Green is bright exactly as shown. But the knives are quite dull!
Published on December 27, 2011 by Abcdef

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea, but quailty....
Published on February 8, 2012 by Moon

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea, but quailty...., February 8, 2012
This review is from: THE EX Kitchen Knife Set by Raffaele Iannello, Red (Kitchen)
For the price I paid for this set, I was expecting a better designed product. While I love the solid construction of the knives, if left with any water on them for any length of time (say you cook breakfast and don't do dishes until the evening) the knives will start to rust. The holder was created of cheap plastic and some of the sheaths are too small for the knives and cause them to stick inside - a big hazard if you are trying to pull one out. Someone could easily get cut in the process. The stand does have a sturdy bottom and the sheaths can be removed, but then your knives are being exposed to dust and other elements of the air while not in use - YUCK!

If you are looking for a cute novelty item in your kitchen that won't get much use, this is the item for you. If you do much cooking in your kitchen and want a good set of knives, look else where. This is not it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool but the knives suck, September 29, 2011
I had this for a few years in college. It was quite the eye-catcher and everyone had a laugh at it, many people asked where they could get one. So yeah, it was cool, but the knives were of mediocre quality. They are very thick, rust easily, and don't hold an edge well. After a few years in the dorm I elected to give it away rather than keep it, the knives were not worth it. In retrospect, It was worth the 50 bucks I payed for it, because it was very, very cool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show piece but not very practical!, December 27, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars I used to be a food cutter, then I took a knife in the knee., December 18, 2011
I had this set in college. As aforementioned, the knives were a bit dull and weren't of the highest quality. Shame, because I really did like the design. Reflecting on it now, for the price, I would choose functionality over style.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very cheap., December 28, 2012
The stand is made out of cheap light weight plastic. The clear plastic sleeves that hold the knives in the back are ugly and cheaply assembled.

The knives themselves started rusting after one use.

This item looks cool in photos but does not live up to expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars the ex kitchen knife set, July 9, 2011
the item arrived on time. i got this set as a birthday gift. it was liked very much. however, about 4 months later the knives started to rust even though it sais they are made of stainless steel.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would have given it no stars if I could..., December 17, 2012
I loved this product at first. But less than a year into having it I used one of the knifes to cut fudge yes fudge and the blade broke in half. I can't find any customer service to contact so I am going to have to throw the thing out since it looks dumb missing one blade.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, December 15, 2012
The base looks like metal but it is plastic. I do not like the knives either. They look good but they are not good knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conversation piece!, February 1, 2012
I purchased this item because I wanted a white knife base. Who knew it would become such an eclectic attention grabber? The design is on a sturdy base with sleeves protecting the knives when inserted. Item is a bit taller because of the top knife's location and handle goes above base dimensions... so it's home is on the island vs on the counter slid under a cabinet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Major Statement Piece!, January 29, 2014
I bought this mainly for the look not even for the knives and I was so impressed by both. Everyone loves the look and always talks about it constantly. I named it my wife :-)
The knives are a solid one piece stainless steal with a great edge right out of the box. The entire assembly took about 2 minutes (mainnly unwraping). The stand is very sturdy and the blade covers in the rear protect you from any cuts when moving.

THE EX Kitchen Knife Set by Raffaele Iannello, Red