Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on August 3, 2012
I've read other Emma Daniels stories and enjoyed them, so I expected a light romance.
This is not a light romance. That's not to say it is a bad story, but it isn't what I was looking for when I started it.

The subject matter is very tough, starting with a hero that is homophobic. That's a big turn off for me. Although he moves towards acceptance in the story, it made for tough reading - at least for me.

There are also 3 violent, unpleasant scenes.

I too had a problem with the heroine's acceptance of the hero's relationship prior to her. It should have been an uncomfortable situation at the least, but not one word was said about it.

I didn't quite buy into the hero/heroine attraction that was based on their fantasies. So what if the person looks like someone you have fantasized about? There's got to be a lot more there for me, and I didn't see that develop.

There were a few proofreading errors - not too distracting for me, but I mention them because I know a lot of readers are intolerant of that.

There were nice things about the story, I enjoyed the setting in Australia. And the story certainly made me think - those are good things, just not what you might be expecting from a romance.
on March 11, 2015
This book has been on me to-read list for a while now and after reading it I don't know why it took so long! I love unique stories like this that are not the cliched billionaire-meets-virginal-heroine books, and this book didn't disappoint. Luke was everything I look for in a book boyfriend-- hot, emotionally scarred, and with issues (call me crazy, but that's now I like 'em). Unlike most novels that don't reveal what caused the hero/heroine to be traumatized until the last 10% of the book, what happened to Luke was something he was struggling with throughout the book. This added so much depth to the story and his character for me.

*SPOILER*
I wish the story had focused a bit more on Karen and Luke and how their relationship helped him heal instead of them being thrown together and falling in love toward the end of the book (I felt like Karen was barely present in the story until the end).

Overall, it satiated my craving for an abused and tormented hero. I wish I could find more books like this!
on January 21, 2012
it was a good book because it dealt with a really tough issue. it did feel extremely rushed but it was a good plot and story line