Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Scent Name: Clean & Refresh|Size: Pack of 1|Change

Scent Name: Clean & Refresh|Size: Pack of 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had the two men in my life try this one: my son (10) and my husband.

My son doesn't have a dandruff problem, but both he and my husband, who occasionally has some flakes, were both suffering from itchy scalps due to all the swimming they've been doing.

My son really liked the shampoo. (He used it by himself, and I washed his hair a few times myself to see what it was like.) It made good suds and he really liked the smell which he thought was 'manly but not stinky'. (I had no idea he even noticed these sorts of things. But he did say that it made him smell nice like his Uncle Marker). I liked that it suds well and washed out cleanly without a lot of whining.

My husband commented that it 'soothed' his itchy scalp. And neither of us us have seen any flakes. HOWEVER, he also commented that he didn't think it cleaned to his complete satisfaction: at least not for Summer. After a particularly grueling day of sitting on a lounge chair watching me mow and then weed the garden, he said he had to wash through twice to get to the point where his hair felt super clean. This is more or less the same comment he's been making about every other shampoo that he's tried lately: Pantene, Aussie, and Suave.

So FIVE STARS. This is a shampoo/conditioner that is going to be good for someone who doesn't want their shampoo to dry out their hair and scalp. It also smells night without being overly perfume-y. It appears to be soothing to the scalp, but you might find you need to use more shampoo if you have excessively greasy hair.

Pam T~
on June 30, 2014
UPDATE:
They changed the formula. No longer works well (just average). They did the same thing to the Axe shampoo (same manufacturer). Once I found out this worked well, I ordered 4 bottles just in case they decided to change this shampoo too. All four arrived with the "new" hydrating formula that leaves my hair greasy after 24 hours. I'd demand a refund, but it's hardly worth the effort.

OLD REVIEW:
This has literally changed my life. To be fair, I used to use Axe anti-dandruff 2 in 1. It was the "life changer". Then they changed the formula. I was devastated.

No. Really... Devastated. Not exaggerating.

Because for the first 40+ years of life, I had to shampoo my hair every 24 or so hours religiously. If I went 36 hours or more, my hair got dandruff that stayed with me for about 2 weeks. The Axe shampoo changed that. I used it for about 2 years after randomly finding it on one of my travels. Then they changed the formula and it stopped working. I looked for old stock everywhere. I tried a bunch of alternatives. Nothing worked. Then I called the company that makes Axe shampoos. The very nice lady on the phone explained that there shouldn't be a problem because it didn't look like the ingredients changed. But she recommended the Clear brand because it was made by the same company. I told her I'd already tried it, and though I liked it better than most of the alternatives, it wasn't the same. So, I continued trying different shampoos and continued hoping to find a stash of old stock somewhere (I actually went straight to the shampoo aisle in every new supermarket/drug store I visited).

Then I realized that the Clear shampoo I tried was only shampoo and not the shampoo and conditioner. So I picked up a bottle of this.

Turns out it's about the same as the Axe that I had been using before. I've also tried a couple of their other formulations, but they don't work as well.

So, I currently keep about 2 year's stock on hand - just in case they decide to mess with the formula. Why only 2 years? Because the shelf life is about that long. I buy more every few months so that I'll always stay a couple years ahead. Crazy? Have I mentioned that this has CHANGED MY LIFE?

Anyway, judging by the fact that most people haven't found this to be "proof of God's existence", I'm going to guess that I have somewhat unique hair needs. But for those of you with chronic dandruff who haven't found anything else that works, give this a try. You might just end up having to fight me for the last bottle.
on January 31, 2016
Perfect for my thick, curly hair. I don't use conditioner, I use this 2-in-1, and it works better than any other shampoo I've ever used. If your hair doesn't listen to you, and you need to use a ton of product to get it just right, I'd recommend giving this a go. My girlfriend uses it as well and our hair now has much more volume and is much less of a fuss than with any other shampoo or conditioner in under a week. Give it a go.
on July 31, 2015
Best anti-dandruff shampoo that Ive tried in my 30+ years on Earth. Flake visibly reduced (if not zeroed), as long as I rinse well. The conditioner component also is not the type that makes hair to bouncy and flying away all over (the state that when you, you will want to grab a hair gel). I like the firmer look on my hair, which all men should aim for, after washing,
on September 22, 2015
Great stuff, great price. I don't know exactly what scalp problem I have, but I do know this eliminated the flakes. This less expensive "Clear" shampoo seems to work as well as "Clear"s higher priced products.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 27, 2014
Bought this on a whim because someone commented that this worked like the old Axe shampoo formula. Wow, was I disappointed. I don't have dandruff nor flakes, so maybe I'm not the intended audience. I feel I have sludge in my hair after use, maybe that is the conditioning working, but I don't like the feeling of it. My head itches mid day after use which doesn't happen when I use Selsun Blue or another Axe shampoo.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
I use a lot of fancy bath and hair products and am always looking for new to add to the repertoire. Then I came across this shampoo at the bottom of a soap at that i was viewing. The uniqueness of the bottle first struck me then as I read the ingredients I knew that I had to try it. And boy was I pleasantly surprised. Often times these products don't like up to the hype of the pitchmen who are eager to sell all forms of snake oil and to separate you from your money.

But in this case, the verbiage is understated.......I could go on and on about this little bottle of heaven. As you massage it into your scalp you immediately notice how silky and creamy it feels. Not to mention the super fresh sent which engulfs the bathroom and the tingle that you feel down to the roots. It was amazing. I will be ordering a case to have on hand and to share with friends.
on June 1, 2016
My husband has a sensitive scalp and this is the only shampoo he uses as it's one of the few that doesn't cause irritation. He also loves the refreshing feeling of the mint. I buy it in two or three packs here on Amazon as that tends to be the most affordable option, and also lets me keep a backup in the house at all times in case he runs out before I know to order more. I just order another set of two or three when the last backup gets opened.

From a female perspective, I have also used this several times when I've run out of my own shampoo and/or conditioner and I agree that it is a good product. It has an invigorating smell, does not irritate my scalp (something I thought might happen with mint), and it does a great job of getting my hair clean without making it feel like it's been stripped of moisture. I've found that a lot of 2-in-1 hair products don't seem to provide enough conditioning and make me feel like I have to use conditioner anyway, or they feel like they don't rinse out fully and my hair feels weighed down. That is not the case with this one. My hair always feels clean and healthy after using it, and like I said, my husband swears by it.
on August 2, 2015
It's the only shampoo I've ever used that fully clears up my dandruff, but i feel like it stops working with as much efficacy after 2 weeks. This is why I switch between it and Head and Shoulders every couple of days; this combo seems to be the panacea for my dandruff and I highly recommend it.
on November 24, 2012
This was a quick buy due to the positive reviews. I developed a scalp itch and it was driving me crazy. After about 6-7 days of use I'm doing pretty good. Not gone but not too noticable now. I think it's the dry winter air but anyway I like that it is all in one do you don't have to fumble with 2 bottles and doesn't smell perfumy. It cleans and conditions like it should. Will have to price check now and see what else is on the market thats similar because I just don't know if this is a deal or not.

See 1 answered question