5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Just Fine!
Published on March 15, 2012 by anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed...try, try again
Published on November 9, 2012 by Rockridge5203

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Just Fine!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: THORNE RESEARCH - Vegalite Vanilla 15.3 oz (Health and Beauty)
I very rarely review products, but since I hesitated for quite awhile to order this product based upon another reviewer's unmitigated dislike for its flavor, I thought it might be helpful to others considering this product to know that it tastes just fine! I've used vanilla PaleoMeal every morning for years in my morning shake and really liked that flavor too, but wanted something with fewer carb grams along with a great nutritional profile, and Vegalite fits the bill. The chocolate is even better, but the vanilla is very good too, and I will be ordering both flavors from now on instead of my old standby.

3.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed...try, try again, November 9, 2012
This is one of the only places I could find and share a review about this product, VEGELITE protein powder by Thorne Research. While I admire and appreciate that there is no sugar, and a wonderful amount of protein, when I tried it the first few times found it dishearteningly distasteful. I was really worried that I couldn't get through the day with only this to eat. I checked back on the mixing instructions from the PEERtrainer site (as I am doing the two week cleanse with Jackie Wicks and JJVirgin..which is really fun and supportive). It hasn't seemed to work with blueberries and greens, but with a handful of spinach and a half banana...and a little more water and coconut milk, blended up really well made ALL the difference. SO FOLKS, before you think about returning this, do play around with ingredients, and blending techniques, and you might find that it works just fine. :>

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, May 2, 2012
L. L Sievers (El Segundo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
After seeing such scathing comments, I had to double-check to make sure I was reading reviews about the same product. I'm a long time vegan, have tried myriad plant-based protein powders, and have found many less than palatable. Ranging from cardboard to downright disgusting, their tastes have varied with few earning the rank of delicious. My wellness doc recommended Thorne, I tried it, and I've been sold ever since - it is indeed delicious! I happen to be a vanilla-nut, but chocolate lovers will be equally pleased with this superior product. The flavors are rich, the smoothies are creamy, and I can't think of a yummier way to help satisfy my daily protein needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Paleo smoothies!, June 4, 2012
Very hard to find Paleo-approved protein powder. Add a cup of fruit, a cup of coconut milk and a scoop of Vegalite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good, fits my special diet., March 18, 2013
I am using the Virgin diet, which eliminates the 7 most common foods that cause intolerance issues. This shake does not contain the foods I am avoiding, and it tastes ok, when you add a few things to customize it.

For my husband, I use the vanilla shake and add a cup of frozen fruit:
Mixed berry: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
Piña colada: pineapple chunks, shredded coconut & 1-2" of frozen banana. (Cut bananas into chunks before freezing them)
-- we use almond milk or coconut milk, but you can also use water.

There is a slight after-taste, but we have become accustomed to it after a few days. It is much better-tasting than some others we have tried, and it doesn't upset my stomach! See my review of the chocolate, for my personal favorite recipe: cinnamon mocha supreme!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a matter of taste, March 25, 2013
I really am torn about this product - it's superior in its' nutritional values but it's got a very strong taste. I think that is why the reviews are so all over the place - you either like it or not - the vanilla is very sweet vanilla- ee. In a fake vanilla way. It really is potent - like a bad vanilla candle smell . My last protein powder ( whey) was vanilla also and the flavor disappeared with added fruit - this one - the flavor stays no matter what I add. I cut the powder in half to try and ease into it - that has helped - I am trying to like it - but it's a struggle.....

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...for the two week PeerTrainer Cleanse, March 24, 2012
It's ok...I also got it for the PeerTrainer Cleanse as JJ Virgin recommended (no whey, no soy, no gluten, no sugar, only a pea/rice blend to minimize allergens). It's not particularly tasty, but not as horrible as Balanced Planets' Pea/Rice blend Protein, which tastes like soap. I also tried the Spirulina Gold line (their pea/rice blend)...the Choc Cherry was also pretty unpalatable too, but not as bad at the Balanced Planet brand. So while I haven't found Thorne's to be especially praise-worthy for it's taste, I can deal with it for the two week cleanse period. Still, I would like to find a brand that I can truly use as a daily meal replacement, that fit the criteria and actually tastes good. Still searching for that brand! Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars For taste, watch your sugar, April 9, 2013
This is a sweet product. When I first made a smoothie with Original almond milk, I hated it. Through trial and error, I found, unsweetened almond milk is the trick. Try 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 T or organic almond butter, a frozen organic banana and a scoop of the vanilla protein powder. Really yummy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Even my fussy daughter loves this...only wish it weren't so expensive., February 23, 2013
This Vegan Protien Powder is Great. Even my fussy daughter looks forward to it each morning in her Smoothy!! The only complaint that I have with it is it's cost. I may be forced to try a cheaper make, because it is only lasting 2 1/5 to 3 weeks when using only half a serving per person. Otherwise, I think it's brilliant; tastes great, very little grit and it does give each Smoothy the right amount of bulk. If it were less expensive, I would have given this a higher mark.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, December 8, 2012
taste terrible but it does give me the protein so its alright....blend it with fruits cause it taste very grainy

THORNE RESEARCH - Vegalite Vanilla 15.3 oz