5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very useful, easy to use.
Published on February 21, 2004 by David Schlewitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Am surprised by the other positive reviews
Published on July 14, 2010 by Maureen Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very useful, easy to use., February 21, 2004
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to supplement the CD that came with the calculator. Of course the pamplet that comes with the calculator is not worth mentioning. Great book. Really good. Have not used the CD much as I have this. I recommend it if yo are using the calculator and if it is new to you. If you have experience with TI cals then maybe you do not need this. But the CD is a tough go to use quickly and this book might be everyones answer. Sure is mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beats the Heck out of "Manual" Labor!, November 18, 2006
James "crabby geezer" (Jackson, MS, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
All too often students and professionals get tekkie-toys that they just don't have time to learn throughly. This book manages to do just that for the TI-83+; quickly, without expending midnight oil or pulling out any hair.

"For Dummies" is a misleading title for this series. Call it "For Smart People who Value their Time and expect results".

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have to use a TI-83, you need this book, November 11, 2008
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I really struggled with all the functions on the TI-83. I was spending more time trying to figure out how to use the calculator than I was how to work the problems from class. This book made it simple and easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior guide to the TI-83 Plus, February 24, 2006
J. Kines (Greer, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I will shelve the instruction manual that came with the calculator. This is the manual to use. Easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will help with College Algebra, March 20, 2007
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book for my husband who is going for his Bachelors degree and found out that our other college course didn't transfer. This has helped him so much and he is holding a 93% in the class. Will everyone get this good a grade? Maybe not but it helped my husband. Easy explanations and instructions to follow. Would definitely recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Am surprised by the other positive reviews, July 14, 2010
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I loved the finance section of this book but everything else was simply a rehash of what is in the existing TI-83+ book which can be downloaded for free from the TI website. As a matter of fact the free download from the TI website is far superior. This book comes across more as a recipe book which explains how to push buttons but does not give much examples as to why you might want to do this. I find it significantly different from the TI-89 book for dummies which I would easily give 5 stars to. I am even suspicious that the Finance chapter was written by a different person than the rest of the book, or possibly that the author's area of expertise was Finance and he wasn't that familiar with anything else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, February 1, 2010
DS (Renton, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
This book saved me a lot of grief in my college math classes. I tried getting through the instruction manual on-line but gave that up. It is well organized and will save you a lot of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, May 16, 2008
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I don't have anything bad to say about this guide. It helped me greatly! Get it if you want to learn the T1-83 plus graphing calculator.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as helpful as I'd hoped, June 28, 2012
Amazon Customer (Middle Tennessee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me figure out how to use my TI-83 Plus for College Algebra. When I took Algebra in high school over 30 years ago, no one used calculators like this - we had to learn to figure everything on paper. As I got to different chapters, I tried to look up how to do a certain function, and for the most part - I couldn't find it in this book. Because Algebra was hard for me to understand, I sometimes did not know what I needed to do to calculate the formula. It would have been nice if there had been a little more help in that regard. Luckily, the class is over and I am returning my rented calculator and planning to resell my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative; Great resource, May 21, 2007
MW Link (East Coast - NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (Paperback)
I found this book to be absolutely necessary when using the TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator. There are areas of this book that are very technical, but as I got further along in College Algebra, I was able to figure most of it out. I mainly used the book as a resource to look up how to do things or answer questions. The error section provided by the author was a tremendous help when troubleshooting syntax errors and configuring the window setup.

TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies
TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies by C. C. Edwards (Paperback - December 19, 2003)
$18.99 $12.51