Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2011
Wow, what a great app. I tried to download magazines through the generic Kindle Fire magazine store - but it was a disappointingly bad experience - too small to read and constantly zooming in and out to navigate and read. The EW app is how EVERY magazine should be designed and experienced on the Kindle. Completely intuitive, easy to use, loved being able to click and see trailers of movies that I was reading about, great interactive features, can actually read the type and everything is formatted to look awesome on a 7" screen. I'm an EW subscriber and this just guaranteed my subscription will never lapse. Other magazines out there - buy this app from EW and do the same for your mags. Amazon - please please please help your partners to implement these types of designs and incorporate it into the newstand. This is the thing that will make the Kindle Fire continue to fly off the shelves--I'd even buy more individual issues of random magazines if they were all this easy to read and navigate. EW app designers - I hope you're getting a big bonus this year from your managers - you deserve it!
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on April 8, 2012
I like the fire edition and would like to stop the print version. Customer service at EW said not possible. Sheesh. Just want to save trees man!
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
If you're just setting up your Kindle Fire, or if this is the first magazine you're adding to your Kindle, you need to log in to your Android account before the Entertainment Weekly app will work. In order to log-in to your Android account, go do the Entertainment Weekly page in your Library on your Kindle, and choose "Library" at the bottom of the screen. Enter your Android user name and password (for me it was the same as my EW user name and password) and click the "remember password" box. Once you're logged in to your Android account, go back to the EW screen and the magazine issues should be there. Note: you may need to reboot the machine first. It seems that the Android app is downloaded to your Kindle when you download the EW app, and your Kindle may need to be rebooted in order for the Android app to take effect.
on December 10, 2011
just downloaded this on my fire and it is awesome. it's slick. looks beautiful, works great, navigation is great. EW put a lot of thought into this app and if you're a print subscriber and have a tablet, you need this app.
on February 19, 2012
If you subscribe to EW, this comes free to you! That alone is pretty nice. :)

The presentation is outstanding, and takes advantage of the format. Articles can scroll, movie trailers and TV scenes can be viewed, and you get the entire magazine from start to finish. It has a nice page browser, and easy navigation as well. All the standard e-book navigation types are supported, such as swiping to change pages, or tapping the side of the screen.

Where does it falter? On Kindle Fire, close to 50% of the time, it force closes when opened. It always runs if tried again, however. A feature it desperately needs, and the reason I docked it 1 star, is that it needs a bookmark feature so you can more easily get back to right where you were when you last went in.

A fantastic companion - and even replacement - to the actual magazine.
on February 21, 2013
i really like reading this magazine and watching the videos, but I HATE having to download it all the time- i wish it would stay current on my kindle
on January 4, 2013
First let me tell you what I liked. The layout and navigation were excellent. The pictures were crystal clear. I liked the pop up dialog on some of the pictures.

BUT, the deal breaker is as follows:
I subscribed to the paper magazine for many years and enjoyed it thoroughly. However, as I got older my eye sight got worse until I couldn't read the small print very well anymore. Sadly I had to cancel my subscription. Then later on I saw this app and thought it would be great to get my favorite magazine back and be able to zoom in on the print. So I bought just one magazine to test it out and much to my dismay discovered you could not zoom in on the articles or increase the font in anyway. What's even worse is that you CAN zoom in on the advertisements!!! Why give a zoom feature for part of the magazine and not the other? I had planned on renewing my subscription but with this limitation I am no better off than I was before. So I won't be renewing it. If in the future this feature is added I would renew my subscription.
on January 18, 2012
This is the best app I've seen for the Kindle Fire so far. It only took me a minute to figure out how to navigate through the magazine with it.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE NICE FEATURES:

1) EW has its own menu on the bottom of the screen, and in addition, at the top of the screen they have colored tabs in some sections, so you can jump from say, the MOVIE section to the BOOK section.

2) In many articles, the top part of the screen is frozen, and the bottom part (with the text of the article) is scrollable. So, don't forget to scroll down to see the whole article.

3) The touch screen seems to be more responsive than in other applications. It only took the lightest tap to change pages.

The only things I miss are the ability to bookmark articles and look up words in a dictionary, like it do with Kindle Books. But this is a magazine, afterall, so I give it 5 stars.
on January 7, 2014
This app is terrible! I dislike having to constantly sign in. When I do sign in and have to verify my subscription, again, it tells me that I've already done so. No freaking duh. I can't see anything.
on February 21, 2013
If you tossed your hard copy of Entertainment, with your subscription number on the mailing label--too bad, you can't access this app. I can see using this perhaps to download it the first time, but to have to put in that long number each time is ridiculous. If I have the printed copy in my hand, I don't need the electronic one, right?