5.0 out of 5 stars Great as long as you use it right!!!
I'm a big fan of TIGI products, especially this one. The reason for this is because I took the time out to ask my hair stylist about how to use the product to get the most out of it. I strongly recommend doing this.

Published on February 2, 2007 by MsCGC

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably better for thin hair
Published 6 months ago by JosCee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as long as you use it right!!!, February 2, 2007

Do not, DO NOT apply this product to your roots. Apply it to the rest of your hair. As a person with long, fine, slightly wavy hair, I find it best to apply a "quarter size amount" to wet/damp hair (before styling). When you blow dry your hair, blow dry it in layers, making sure you partition several layers near the top of your head to get the most volume. (BTW, using a large diameter round brush with a metal shaft also makes a dramatic difference when drying your hair in layers.)

A great product to use in combination with Small Talk is Root Boost, from TIGI's Catwalk line. Applying that to the roots of your damp hair, then Small Talk to the rest of your hair, will yield TONS of volume after blow drying in layers.

I don't care much for the smell, but product performance is definitely worth 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I do think it's worth my money, February 20, 2011
This review is from: TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
First, I want to say that I have long, wavy hair. I'm a college student who is always on the go, so I prefer not to spend much time on my hair. Yes, I care how my hair looks! That's why I've tried a few products because I wanted something that I could easily and quickly apply, and that would "tame" my hair from being frizzy & wild, because you know, I don't want it to look like I just rolled out of bed.

So, I found TIGI Small Talk on Amazon and decided to give it a try, and as my 4 stars say, Yes, I am satisfied with it!

I bought the 8 once bottle last year in December 2010, and I just finished it this month of Feb 2011. It lasted me 3 months. I'm impressed by that because I've never had ONE hair product that lasted me that long. The reason it has lasted me that long is because you don't need to use too much of it. It's the ONLY product I use. I'm a broke college student, so I wanted only ONE product that I could use on my hair, and Small Talk is IT.

As another reviewer said, it is better to use this product when your hair is damp. I've tried it with damp and dry hair. First, I tried it with dry hair. I seemed to use a lot more of the product and my hair felt kind of sticky, and I really didn't like that. Who knows? Maybe it's just my horrible dry hair, but when I used it on my dry hair, the product seemed less effective.

Instead, I now use it on my damp hair. My hair seems to 'absorb' the product much better when it's damp. After I shower, I blow dry my hair just a little bit, just enough to have it damp (you don't want to use Small Talk on soaking wet hair) and then I part my hair in half and use 2-3 pumps on each side. Then I braid my hair or pull it up in a bun.

If I shower at night, I sleep with my braided hair and then in the morning, it's much more wavy and bouncy. Then I add 2-3 more pumps on my hair, which adds more shine. Then sometimes, I braid my hair or pull it up in a bun again for a few minutes and then once I'm ready to leave, I let my hair loose and viola: nice and bouncy hair.

If I shower in the morning, I follow the same routine except I leave my hair braided for about 15-20mins, let it loose, add 2-3 pumps of the product and then do put it up in a bun for 5 minutes. Then once I'm ready to leave, I let my hair loose and viola: nice and bouncy hair!

I like this product because it doesn't make my hair look greasy, oily, or sticky. It makes my hair look as though I have natural nice hair. That's what I really like about it. It doesn't make your hair overly shiny or stiff. I didn't want a POW WOW LOOK AT ALL THE HAIR SPRAY AND OTHER CRAP I PUT IN MY HAIR type of hair that screamed how many things I put in it. I like that this product is subtle in keeping my hair less frizzy and gives it the right amount of 'natural' shine and control.

The product IS sticky, but not on your hair. It becomes sticky on your hair if you leave it on for more than 2 days. I shower every day, but wash my hair every 2 days. My hair seems to get more damaged when I wash it every day so I reduced that. Oh, it does leave your hands sticky though, so don't forgot to wash them right after.

I would recommend this product. It makes long, wavy hair less frizzy, gives a nice shine, and it leaves my hair soft, so it's touchable hair haha. I can touch my hair and it's not greasy, sticky, or oily. It feels "naturally" nice and soft.

Anyway, I hope this review helped any potential buyers, and if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me.

Oh, and I also like the smell of the product. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it gives a "flowery" scent. It's not strong though. You smell it more while you apply it to your hair. I got curious, so while I was on the bus, I sniffed my hair and noticed it had that VERY SLIGHT flowery scent, which I liked. I liked it because it wasn't strong and didn't intoxicate anyone with me (haha).

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for fine hair!, November 12, 2013
This review is from: TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have baby fine, bone-straight hair, but a lot of it. I've tried using volumizing shampoo and conditioner in the past, but it did nothing for me. I like to keep my hair long, but unfortunately long hair and fine hair just don't mix well. My hair seemed thin and flat. I decided to buy this product after looking at several of Bed Head's products on their website, and seeing that this one had the highest "thickening factor". This stuff works WONDERS! I take a shower at night and so that is when I use it, and the next day my hair is still nice and thick all day long. I have very long hair so I use about a pump and a half after quickly towel-drying my hair. I just put it in my hands (I wet them first so they don't get as sticky), use my fingers to comb it through my hair shaft (NOT the roots!), brush it in to evenly distribute it, then flip my head over and dry my hair completely while upside down, as this helps to give it body and lift. The difference is huge, even my friends comment on it! My hair looks and feel thicker, and it doesn't get a gross residue. It smells nice, better after it's dried, and my hair is soft, silky, and manageable. I love this product so much, I don't think I will ever stop using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Samll Talk, July 19, 2011
Small name - but not a small product. I have very fine hair with little to no body. Small talk changes the texture of my hair - makes it easier to style and holds the style all day. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does wonders, BUT YOU HAVE TO USE IT CORRECTLY, December 23, 2011
This review is from: TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have long dark hair and it's medium thick, it reaches the middle of my back. I wanted to add more volume and have it be more manageable. This did the job.

I used one pump, added it to the ends/middle of my hair WHEN IT WAS WET RIGHT OUT OF THE SHOWER, blow dried my hair, and IT WAS AMAZING! You have to have your hair wet for this to work, then blow dry.

People notice a difference in my hair when I use this. My hair even looks a bit darker, silkier, it's more fuller. THIS IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE.

DO NOT put this on scalp or directly on your head on top, for ANYTHING volume you have to apply it to the ends of your hair or on the middle so it will weigh it down and then it will bounce up.

YOU JUST NEED 1 PUMP. Don't over do it. Put a nickel size, put it all over your finger tips and work it on the ends and middle of your hair. I emphasize that so much because that's how it worked for me.

I have oily hair and skin, so this does not last more than a day for me. If you have dry hair and skin, it might last a little longer.

I heard this works better on curly hair, but I have straight/wavy when not brushed type of hair and this worked for me. My hair is also cut in long layers. A hair style with layers would DEFINITELY be great with this product.

I notice there is mixed reviews on the smell. It smells like it's a grape flavor. I don't think it smells bad, and the smell goes away after it's put in your hair AFTER BLOW DRYING ( ;) ).

Also this is not a gel, it's more like a sticky type cream. But it evens out and whatnot after you blow dry, it does not harden your hair or anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, October 4, 2006
I love this hair product. I use it on myself and my 7 year old daughter. We love how it smells and it seems to give the perfect amount of hold and control.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5, July 10, 2006
The only thing better than how this product works is how it smells!!

A stylist used this on my hair after my last cut and I can't believe the thickness it creates. The product did leave my hair feeling like it had product in it but it wasn't too stiff or crunchy. This product gave my short hair amazing results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, October 17, 2007
My hair stylist introduced me to the product and I was quite surprised what Small Talk did for my
baby fine hair. I bought it at the salon (at salon prices) then looked it up on Amazon. Now I always check Amazon first. The product does not leave a coating on my hair,nor does it make it sticky. It
gives it lift and body,which I need on my short, fine hair. I ordered three of the product and gave one to my daughter who is as pleased as I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever, May 12, 2007
This is one of the best hair products I've ever used! Great for taming, volumizing and improving hair texture!

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably better for thin hair, June 13, 2014
This review is from: TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have normal hair that sometimes falls flat, so I was looking for something to add energy to my hair. This kind of feels like thin lotion but made my hair feel greasy and weighed down. Did not add volume, body or life. I think it might be better for very thin/fine hair. Also, I usually love the scent of Bedhead products but I don't like this one. It smells vaguely of sweetness and fruit but has a hint of rancid in it. I don't know if it's the particular bottle I got or if that's the formula. For volume or energy, I'll use something else from now on.

TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, 8 Ounce
$15.96 $11.08
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.