5.0 out of 5 stars They do run smaller than advertised
Published on January 17, 2012 by AC-DC Fan

2.0 out of 5 stars No Fit
Would not stretech over my size 9 1/2 wide. Could not pull up over the heel. Will return. Nice style and quality, though.
Published 7 months ago by James L Crabtree

5.0 out of 5 stars They do run smaller than advertised, January 17, 2012
I borrowed a pair of the Storm version of these while in Chicago recently. They were size large and fit fine so; I took a gamble and bought these in size large. I wear an 8 ˝ to 9. And these fit really nice. I think you could go up to 9 ˝ on the large with a little stretching. Just ignore the sizing on the box and on amazon. These run small. Oh they are L and R side, the letter on the bottom is just really tiny. They fit perfect over my size 8 ˝ Allen Edmonds loafers, not too tight and too loose either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing confusion, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Tingley Men's Moccasin Overshoe (Apparel)
Regarding the sizing:

The sizing selection for this item (as of 11/5/10) is confusing because it does not match the Tingley sizing, and it lists multiple options for the same sizes. See the Tingley sizing here: [URL removed by Amazon without notification or explanation. You'll have to find the Tingley site yourself I suppose.]

On the Tingley website, look at the first chart (labeled as "Dress Overshoes" but should be "Style Chart"). You will see that the Moccasin is style 1900. Now look at the sizing chart underneath it. You will see that sizing for style 1900 is the second column. I am 9.5M, which the chart indicates should fit into a "Medium" sized overshoe, and have a half-size of extra room.

Now look at the Amazon page's sizing options. It lists multiple options for Medium and Large overshoe sizes, none of which correspond perfectly with the Tingley sizing chart. For example, Tingley's chart indicates that their Medium size overshoe should fit shoe sizes 8.5-10. None of the Medium sizes in the Amazon sizing selection say this, which is confusing. Which Medium should be selected, if neither matches Tingley's chart? Should the shoppers just assume that either Medium will work?

Well, I assumed and ordered the "Medium / 6.5-8 B(M) US Women / 8-9.5 D(M) US Men". (It should say "Medium 8.5-10" because that's what the Tingley site says.) What I got was about 1cm too small, which makes the overshoe unusable. If I force it, I can get it over my dress shoes, but it is much too difficult to be considered acceptable, and it doesn't look right because the rubber base is too short. So I'll need to order a size up and see how it goes. Now I get to guess which one of the Large sizes I am supposed to select, since they don't correspond to the Tingley sizing either.

If the Amazon sizing selections are actually correct as written, are the overshoes coming from a different manufacturer that produces different sizes than Tingley? Or is Tingley producing overshoes that do not match their own sizing chart?

Regarding the product itself:

The shoe is all rubber. There is no liner or anything inside to prevent scuffing the shoe. (This didn't seem to be a problem though. After forcing the too-small overshoe on one of my shoes, then taking it off, I didn't notice any scuffing.) The rubber is soft and stretchy, so if you somehow actually get the correct size, it should be quite easy to get on and off.

Rating:

4/5 stars. Seems like a good product, but the sizing confusion needs to be fixed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, February 13, 2013
This is my first pair of rubber overshoes. They protect my shoes, are easy to take on/off, and look okay. I wear a size 11 shoe and bought the XL which is a good fit. XL would fit a 12 or 13, but would definitely be too big for a 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars These things have really improved my life., November 1, 2013
First of all, I’m size 9, so after reading about other people’s sizing problems, I ordered the large. They were too big so I gave them to my roommate and ordered the medium. Perfect fit.

I live in Portland and I’m used to spending the entire rainy reason in the one pair of Doc Martens that I bothered to wax. These things have truly set me free. I was worried that rain might sneak in at the top and I would have to find some sort of spats to wear over them, but that hasn’t happened. They feel super sturdy; I can ride my bike in them without worrying that the pedals will tear them up. I expect them to last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but buy one larger, December 24, 2013
Andras (Queens, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Waterproof stretchable rubber. Looks like a real shoe. For my 9.5 US shoes, the Large fits perfectly, the Medium are about 1/2 inch too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are terrific., December 14, 2012
I have used the medium for years but recent shoe purchases (same size) don't fit into the mediums any more. Went with the large and they now all fit just great.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Fit, December 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Tingley Men's Moccasin Stretch Overshoe, September 4, 2013
Never used this brand before, but went on over shoe very well. Looks durable, and will be ready for use when needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars does its job, February 6, 2014
purchased this for my boyfriend; given the bad weather season we're having in NYC, he needed to protect his shoes from the slush, snow and everything else. put it on and he likes them they do the job. initially a snug fit but once they're on they are hardly noticeable as overshoes - seamless look even with a suit on. my only complaint is that they make the 'squish' sound but once you're out in the elements doesn't much matter I suppose.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing not accurate, January 29, 2013
Sizing was not accurate. Had to send back the medium and order a large for a foot that wears a size 9.

Tingley Men's Moccasin Overshoe