Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tingley Men's Moccasin Overshoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2010
Regarding the sizing:

The sizing selection for this item (as of 11/5/10) is confusing because it does not match the Tingley sizing, and it lists multiple options for the same sizes. See the Tingley sizing here: [URL removed by Amazon without notification or explanation. You'll have to find the Tingley site yourself I suppose.]

On the Tingley website, look at the first chart (labeled as "Dress Overshoes" but should be "Style Chart"). You will see that the Moccasin is style 1900. Now look at the sizing chart underneath it. You will see that sizing for style 1900 is the second column. I am 9.5M, which the chart indicates should fit into a "Medium" sized overshoe, and have a half-size of extra room.

Now look at the Amazon page's sizing options. It lists multiple options for Medium and Large overshoe sizes, none of which correspond perfectly with the Tingley sizing chart. For example, Tingley's chart indicates that their Medium size overshoe should fit shoe sizes 8.5-10. None of the Medium sizes in the Amazon sizing selection say this, which is confusing. Which Medium should be selected, if neither matches Tingley's chart? Should the shoppers just assume that either Medium will work?

Well, I assumed and ordered the "Medium / 6.5-8 B(M) US Women / 8-9.5 D(M) US Men". (It should say "Medium 8.5-10" because that's what the Tingley site says.) What I got was about 1cm too small, which makes the overshoe unusable. If I force it, I can get it over my dress shoes, but it is much too difficult to be considered acceptable, and it doesn't look right because the rubber base is too short. So I'll need to order a size up and see how it goes. Now I get to guess which one of the Large sizes I am supposed to select, since they don't correspond to the Tingley sizing either.

If the Amazon sizing selections are actually correct as written, are the overshoes coming from a different manufacturer that produces different sizes than Tingley? Or is Tingley producing overshoes that do not match their own sizing chart?

Regarding the product itself:

The shoe is all rubber. There is no liner or anything inside to prevent scuffing the shoe. (This didn't seem to be a problem though. After forcing the too-small overshoe on one of my shoes, then taking it off, I didn't notice any scuffing.) The rubber is soft and stretchy, so if you somehow actually get the correct size, it should be quite easy to get on and off.

Rating:

4/5 stars. Seems like a good product, but the sizing confusion needs to be fixed.
on February 13, 2013
This is my first pair of rubber overshoes. They protect my shoes, are easy to take on/off, and look okay. I wear a size 11 shoe and bought the XL which is a good fit. XL would fit a 12 or 13, but would definitely be too big for a 10.
on January 17, 2012
I borrowed a pair of the Storm version of these while in Chicago recently. They were size large and fit fine so; I took a gamble and bought these in size large. I wear an 8 ½ to 9. And these fit really nice. I think you could go up to 9 ½ on the large with a little stretching. Just ignore the sizing on the box and on amazon. These run small. Oh they are L and R side, the letter on the bottom is just really tiny. They fit perfect over my size 8 ½ Allen Edmonds loafers, not too tight and too loose either.
on September 19, 2014
I wear an 8 1/2 wide dress shoe. I bought a medium which on the box says 8.5 to 10. Figuring that I was at the bottom of that range, I figured it would probably fit. WRONG. So I'm sending it back for the large size. It's a really nice looking over shoe... so much classier than those old school totes over shoes.

**Update 9-25-2014: Just got the next larger size. Fits good. Looks good. Very happy.
on November 1, 2013
First of all, I’m size 9, so after reading about other people’s sizing problems, I ordered the large. They were too big so I gave them to my roommate and ordered the medium. Perfect fit.

I live in Portland and I’m used to spending the entire rainy reason in the one pair of Doc Martens that I bothered to wax. These things have truly set me free. I was worried that rain might sneak in at the top and I would have to find some sort of spats to wear over them, but that hasn’t happened. They feel super sturdy; I can ride my bike in them without worrying that the pedals will tear them up. I expect them to last a long time.
on April 16, 2015
I haven't had the chance to wear these in the rain yet, but as suggested by others, I went up a size so if you're near the top of the range I'd go for the next size up. I wear an 8E and bought the mediums. They fit perfectly.

Note: they do add some weight to your feet when you walk, but they seem like they will certainly protect from rain, snow, and salt damage.
on October 6, 2015
These do the job of protecting a pair of dress shoes from rain, snow, and salt. The loafer styling looks a little nicer than the average overshoe. The rubber seems thick enough to last and the size L stretches to fit my 10.5 D shoes with no problem. The bottoms have a reasonable non-skid pattern. The price is pretty reasonable. And these things are a lot easier to carry around than a pair of winter boots. They arrived promptly.

Boots offer better protection but for day to day business wear in New York City, these are a better balance of protection, looks, and stow better in my backpack when not in use.
on December 1, 2015
GOOD: seem to be a good quality overshoe, and have already performed well for me twice since i got hem a week ago. have a relatively thick heel, which i hope helps them last over time, and solid amount of grip (for a piece of rubber) on the bottom...I've yet to experience the slipperiness of other past overshoes from different manufacturers.

BAD: seem to run a little small. I wear a size 13 shoe, which is right in the middle of the size chart for the size XL overshoe. However, I feel as though my shoe is at the extreme end of fitting into this overshoe. in particular, the size of the heel just barely stretches enough to cover my actual shoe heel on the sole of my foot. i imagine this would be no isue for sizes 11.5-12, but i would not recommend these for wide size 13 shoes, or any size 14 shoe. i think these would not allow the overshoe to stretch over the entire sole as desired, poitentially leading to uneven wear over time.
on August 20, 2015
I work around water and it rains often in the area that i live in so a good rubber slip on over regular shoes is a must.The Tingley Men's Moccasin Stretch slipped over my regular shoes fine and so far with a rainy week have kept my feet dry.
on April 18, 2015
Although i bought the recommended size for my shoes, I had to stretch it beyond what should be acceptable to get it on my shoes. I seriously doubt that it will hold up and if you plan on using these on anything other than small loafers, they just wont fit. Returned for a refund.