Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swingline Standard Stapler, Eco Version, 15 Sheets, Black (S7054501)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Style: One Stapler|Change

Swingline has made excellent staplers for decades now. My father still uses them in his office and I have one or two at home always.

This budget priced stapler will amaze you at how well it works for a very low cost. Just gently pull open the top cover of the "drawer" where the staples will be stored until you use them and then insert the staples. As another reviewer notes, the stapler is manufactured is such a way as to make it difficult for two staples to come out at the same time. That way you get one clean through staple for your documents with no mess. It's all very clean cut.

Obviously, if you need to staple huge bundles of paper at a time, this stapler might not be up to such an extreme challenge. People usually have a pretty intuitive feel for how many pages of paper can be stapled by this. They say it can staple up to twenty sheets of paper; but if your paper is very "heavy" (or, thick) than it might be able to staple something more like 15 or 16 pages of paper.

Overall, this is a very well made stapler that will easily last you years. The staples that go with the staples are just as nicely priced as this stapler itself. I highly recommend this stapler by Swingline for your home office and general purpose needs.
on May 2, 2012
I have an old top of the line Swingline stapler that does an excellent job of stapling as many as 20 sheets of paper together. When my wife needed a new stapler, I went to Amazon and ordered the top of the line Swingline stapler similar to the one I had. It did such a lousy job of stapling that I had to return it for a replacement. The replacement is a little better, but still not as good as my old stapler. In my old stapler, the plate that forms the staple is completely recessed into the base where it is held solidly in place. On the new stapler, the plate is only party recessed into the base. Swingline obviously saved a few cents by cheapening its product without regard for its performance. A price that we customers have to pay more and more every day as quality is sacrificed on the altar of the almighty dollar.
on August 30, 2008
Low price, low quality. It barely staples through 10 pages and then doesn't even close the staple. Spend a little more!
on January 23, 2011
I just wanted somewhere to record my absolute disgust with this stapler. You would think it would not be that difficult to neatly bend a small strip of steel to bind a couple pages together but evidently that is the case. It isn't that this stapler jams and won't staple, it's that it staples and does a horrible job which is almost unarguably worse. The bind is loose and easily broken and the stapler seems to frequently forget that it is a stapler, not a hole punch. I will soon be purchasing a replacement to what is supposedly a "working" device and after I have a replacement, I have a hunch this stapler will find it's way into the garbage, in pieces. It would be an act of evil to consciously give this stapler to another human being.
on April 3, 2012
For its price, the stapler is great. If you want to simply staple a couple or a small group of papers together, this stapler does its job; however, if you are someone who has to staple papers, bulletin board paper, etc., to bulletin boards on the wall, you might want to consider a different stapler. This "hammering" part of the stapler will not fold back all the way, so you can never staple directly to the bulletin board. You always have to staple at an angle. Once again, this is not a bad product for the price, but you get what you pay for.
on April 15, 2006
I have this stapler in green. Not sure why it doesn't work, but it just doesn't.

It staples about every third attempt. Other than that, it spits out staples at random, ties staples in "knots," jams up, and otherwise makes me crazy.

I had a Bostitch stapler that worked perfectly, but it disappeared. I think someone "borrowed" it because it worked so well. Go Bostitch!

Too late to return this yucky thing. I'm going to have to replace it as it just refuses to staple anything.
on September 13, 2008
All I can say is that I expected a lot more from Swingline. This stapler is marginal at best, in terms of both its construction, and performance. It continually jams, and this is just for light duty, such as stapling 3-4 pages. I expected more from Swingline. I've used ACCO / Swingline products in the past, with much better results. This stapler does not compare to the Swingline staplers made 15-20 years ago. Go with the metal versions, or try to pick up an older one at a flea market or a garage sale. You'll get better results than with this model. IMO.
on March 5, 2016
For the price, I am very impressed with this stapler so far. It does not have a great deal of weight to it, so I was a little worried at first that it would not work very well. To my surprise it not only lives up to what it claims, but actually performs a lot better than its description. I tested the sheet count first using 15 sheets of regular copy paper which it claims to be able to staple, and I had no trouble. Then I even added 5 more sheets and tried again. Even with 20 sheets total it was able to staple without much difficulty. I will say that there were a couple of times that the staple bent and did not work correctly, but this was while I was holding the stapler in the air. After setting it on the desk and trying that way it worked perfectly. I have not tested this on a bulletin board while it is open, but I doubt it will be problem for this stapler. For the price, its performance is outstanding and I highly recommend this product!
review image review image
on April 5, 2016
This stapler works perfectly for me. I like how easy it is to use. I don't need to use a lot of extra pressure to staple a few sheets of paper. I have arthritis and this is my favorite stapler. I've used different brands and types, and this is my absolute favorite. I highly recommend this Swingline standard stapler. You won't be disappointed.

I also have the Swingline light touch stapler. I do not find it easier to use. In fact, it's actually more painful to use with my arthritis. The Swingline standard stapler is much less painful for me to use and works much better.
on July 13, 2015
Not as good as I had hoped it would be. There seems to be a larger than average lip/head hanging over the stapler top part. This has made it difficult to staple certain things. Also, there were several jams in it so far. Yesterday, I went to fix one of the staple jams and got a staple through my finger! Ouch! Fortunately, it wasn't too deep, but it certainly hurt and bled. You may want to consider other staplers.