Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TL Care Organic Cotton Nursing Pads, Natural, 6 Count
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 6 Count|Change

on April 21, 2015
I've tried several different brands of washable nursing pads including: TL Care Organic Cotton Nursing Pads, NUK Reuseable Nursing Pads, Philips Avent Washable Nursing Pads, and Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads. The Bamboobies are my favorites by far and are well worth the extra money. The TL Care pads are just okay-they are nice and soft but small and not very absorbent.

Absorbency:
-The bamboobies are the most absorbent followed by Philips, then TL Care, then NUK.

Feel:
The NUK pads are really scratchy and uncomfortable. The Philips pads are soft and comfortable although not quite as soft as the TL Care pads. The Bamboobies are really nice and soft. The Philips and TL Care pads are smooth cotton while the Bamboobies have a velvet feel to them.

Leak Proof:
The Bamboobies do the best job at preventing leaks-they absorb more than the other pads and also have a backing that keeps the milk from going all the way through the pad. The rest of the pads are okay for small leaks but larger leaks will go right through the pads and start soaking your shirt.

Quality:
The TL Care pads arrived with several loose threads and lots of other threads have come loose over time in the wash. The pads still work fine but it's annoying. The other pads have held up well.

Other:
The TL Care pads tend to bunch up when I'm wearing them and don't stay in place very well. The NUK pads also bunch up a lot and don't stay in place. The Philips pads have a lace backing which helps keep them in place. The Bamboobies don't bunch up and stay in place pretty well.
on August 1, 2013
I don't leak much more than dripping. These can only handle about that and no more. A few drops is ok, but any more and they'll soak through. I throw them in my bra if I'm going to be home during the day or for short term. I bought this six pack to try them out and they're nice to have, but I won't stock up and buy more. Going out, I'll still rely on they stick in disposable kind with the better absorbency.
on March 5, 2013
Whether you're expecting or already have a baby, I recommend these. They've been a lifeline for me as a breastfeeding mother. I was constantly staining my clothes and bras. If I wasn't leaking, I had stains from nipple creams or ointments trying to heal myself. The TL pads are great because they absorb everything and in any color other than white, they're not noticable. They're shaped but still soft so it's not uncomfortable to wear them, either. A six pack keeps me going for 3 weeks without reusing the same set. No damage in the washing machine either.

If you're like me and you need these primarily because of trying to soothe nipple damage, I'd also recommend trying motherlove nipple cream; Motherlove Nipple Cream + FREE Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free - 8 oz.. It's of course all safe for the baby with all natural ingredients, but most importantly it's fast acting for soothing the pain AND it's the least problematic cream I've found. It doesn't leave an oily residue like ointments and heavy creams. It absorbs quickly. If I wear my TL pads, the mark is hardly noticable in them from the motherlove.
on February 18, 2014
While these pads absorb an appropriate amount of liquid, there is no waterproof backing so you're basically just delaying the length of time it's going to take for your bra/shirt to become wet. They also got stuck to my nipples if I only leaked a little and there was enough time for it to dry. Not pleasant!
on May 23, 2014
I ordered a pack of 12 pads and I received those in the mail yesterday. Initially I thought they were quite nice and soft.
I threw them in the washer to get them ready for first use and followed care instructions as I always do.
The problem I have already (and I haven't even used them yet) is the fact that only 4 out of all pads kept nicely in shape and size, 5 shrunk down to half their original size and are now oval shaped, 2 are completely deformed and can't even be pulled into shape as they turned into some sort of ball and well the last one turned out missing all together.
My fault for not counting them prior to washing I suppose....
Either way I did receive a partial refund from amazon for the missing pad but that doesn't change the fact that two third of the order are misshapen and in that sense a crappy investment.
I haven't used the pads yet so I can not make any statement about absorbancy and comfort but I will update this status as soon as I have thoroughly tested the 4 usable pads.
But based on the current experience it doesn't even matter how well they hold up - I WOULD NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM AGAIN
on January 3, 2014
These work well and have no seams like another brand that I bought with my last baby, so they're easier to hide under clothing. They're very soft and comfortable. They don't wrinkle (even after sitting in the bottom of basket of clean laundry waiting to be folded for longer than I'd care to admit).
on May 2, 2015
this is my second time using them (2nd pregnancy), and i knew from my first baby that there was no way it would work for the first 2 months when leaking is heaviest. i am now almost 3 months post partem and have just started using them, b/c i have minimal leakage at this point. even still, it leaks right through and i have to constantly wash my bras AND multiple pairs of these pads in a day. you need a ton of these pads to last u a week. buying a bunch of sets plus all the additional times u need to do laundry really don't save u any money at all. u'r better off buying 3 months worth of the disposable pads. (unless u'r doing it for environmental reasons. i wish i could be that selfless!)
on June 16, 2016
I used these for my first baby, but not my second. When I bought them three years ago, I was in this new mom stage where I was buying and trying everything on the planet. These were useful back then. However, when I had my second baby, they didn't make the cut of "necessary" items. Here's why:

I leaked through these like crazy. I leaked a ton when I was nursing. Probably a tablespoon. I eventually had to buy these little cups to wear. These pads just didn't do the trick for me. The disposable plastic-lined pads worked better.

I could also see the outline of this pad through my shirt. When I first had my baby and stayed in the house a ton to get used to nursing, I didn't really notice or mind. Then I went out one day and looked in a bathroom mirror and was kind of horrified to see just how visible this pad was under my shirt.

So, I used them quite a bit with my first baby as I was figuring out the whole nursing thing. They were great then. Once I had the hang of it, I used other products--like plastic cups and disposable pads that really blocked moisture in.
on August 11, 2014
Leaked through the very first time I wore these at night. As someone else had mentioned, after you wash them they come out completely misshaped. However, I really wouldn't have mind the odd shapes they shrunk to if they actually worked. Maybe they would be fine during the day, but definitely not for nighttime. I've never soaked through any other pads before so this was very disappointing.
on March 26, 2016
I purchased this TL care organic nursing pads because i am looking for something that will really work for me. As a nursing mom, I want to look for nursing pad that will not leak as my other does. The wonderful thing about this is that it stay's in place when I wear it. It really absorbs pretty good. And that's what's the most important. I dont want any leak in my clothes and this product really does help. It comes with 6 pcs which is great for it's price. Again, if your a mother like me who breastfeed, I will recommend this.
review image review image review image review image review image