4.0 out of 5 stars Initial test drive for this tablet is good so far
I am test driving this tablet

Published 13 months ago by Play It Again Audio

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. It works for a month or two...
Published 9 months ago by CharLife

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial test drive for this tablet is good so far, November 30, 2013
I am test driving this tablet

I have mine for only four days. Since that time my brother-in-law has bought one and I bought a second one for my Grandson.. So far it is working very well. I compared the features of this tablet against the major brands, and this one has more features than the pricey name brand tablets. I will write another review has I use the tablert more. They are on sale at Sam's club for $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars TMAX 9" HD Model rated a good buy TM95775, December 3, 2013
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
I picked one of these up online from SAMS yesterday on its cyber week sale. I was surprised at how quick the pages were rendering out of the box. I checked other tablets out online and although there were a couple of 9" units at slightly less cost than the Sams sale, none of them had front and rear cameras or the HD video and HDMI output seemed to be a hit or miss option. So this one for a low end tablet seems to be loaded with the available options. I was impressed enough that I immediately purchased 2 more for xmas gifts. I have had no issues as of yet with the unit. The connectors have a solid feel as does the entire tablet. Any hiccups I have had are from my being rather new to Android. As I get more familiar with this OS I am sure the number of mis steps and trying to find this or that will be minimal and the usage quicker between me and the tablet.

For $100 I don't see how you can go wrong. I rate it 4 stars because it is almost impossible to think that a $100 unit would rate as highly as units costing over $300......but in its price class it is most likely a 5 star. Time will tell and the thousands of units which have been or will be bought during the holiday season and put into daily use and the reports start to come in. Stay tuned...........

P.S. I have one of the GoogleCast sticks and with the app downloaded to the tablet they work and stream fine. That is within the present limitations of the stick (info available elsewhere on the stick). Netflix and the other included and supported apps for the stick work beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, but be careful!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
I have 11 children, ranging in ages from 21 to 10. At such a good price, I bought each one of these tablets for an early Christmas present.

Pro's: They actually work like they're supposed to! Both cameras work fine, plays games, gets online without problems. The best aspect is they seem to have good response time between apps/ web browsing. Their touch screens are likewise very responsive with both finger & stylus. They're actually phenomenal overall for a cheap tablet.

Con's: Everything is just a tad cheaper than you will want if quality is what you're after. The screen resolution barely qualifies as HD (but *technically* it is HD.) The color saturation and brightness aren't very good, either (a huge drawback in my opinion.) The back feels as it's encased in a hollow cheap plastic shell that may fall off -but doesn't. The cameras are present and function, but they're low quality. And my biggest "gripe" is the charger is proprietary and looks very fragile, I'm sure it can be easily broken. It's just a tiny stick that plugs into a proprietary port. And it does take a while to recharge and the battery life isn't stellar.

But hey, only $100 for a 9" functional tablet that does everything the expensive ones do (and I have 3 Kindles and an IPad) -much higher quality devices but in some ways the Kindles are more limited in application.

For kids & travel this really can't be beat. If I were traveling or on the go I'd have no qualms using it, or going to the beach (although it'd be difficult to see in sunlight.) Still, I'd be afraid to take my $400 IPad to the beach!
Now it's nothing you're going to write home about, but at half the cost (the low end cost) of high quality tablets this is really a phenomenal buy for the price. That's why I rated it 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. It works for a month or two..., March 25, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
After having this product for about just over a month, tthe tablet froze up and I had to contact customer service. When I called them, all they could do was walk me through the factory reset process. As a result, all my data that I had stored on a tablet was gone; no way to recover.well after having the tablet for 3 months now it seems that this is a consistent issue. I've had to reset it now 2 times. I called customer service and said I wanted to return it and get a replacement but they said "No, We don't do that". I asked "What good is the warranty if I can't return this product which appears to be defective?"They said I could return it if I wanted to pay the shipping but all they were going to do was the same thing I did - reset it. I had initially brought the three year warranty extension from Sam's. that was a waste of money and so was the tablet. I guess you get what you pay for. I would not buy another Tmaxx tablet and I warn others to do the same.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., January 21, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
In short, you get what you pay for. This tablet, only being $99 at the time of purchase, is much more affordable than the competitors. That being said, you are obviously going to get a subpar product. The software is a tad slow and the casing feels slightly fragile. While those factors aren't desirable, it's still a sound product.
I've had mine for about 2 months now and the only issue is that the charging cable has stopped working, which is upsetting but not the end of the world. Luckily I had an extra micro-USB cable around.
Overall I rate this product a 3/5 because while it may not be the fastest or most we built tablet, it is very affordable and does basic functions. It's great for young kids who may not be responsible or someone who wants something to keep their hands busy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all I need it to do, with a charger from amazon, January 12, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
I've had this almost 2 months from Sam's club. I'm not a big gamer so I can't speak to that but...

The good/ great stuff...
Amazing for kindle app
HDMI output works great
Internet surfing works perfectly without any noticeable screen lags (I'm writing this review with the tablet)
Easy to use for an android newbie (I'm all i otherwise)
Right price for a tablet I can carry around and not worry about damaging an expensive iPad. Or hand to a 6 year old with no fear.
All apps I've used, like this amazon app, work well consistently

The bad stuff... the included charger. I ordered a generic universal charger off amazon and that works 1000x better than the included charger. I've had to hit the recessed reset button a few times to get the tablet to charge but only when I've left more than 5 apps running and allowed the battery to fully discharge by leaving in sleep mode and not powering down. Every time that button has allowed me to recharge with my generic charger. The included charger has a cord that's too thin and will only work if held at a certain angle. The generic charger works always if I set down the tablet and plug it in.

Buy it now if you need a tablet for the basics and reliability. Even with an additional $10 for a better charger, its still a great price and a great laptop replacement when you need to be portable.

Also, most of these users reviewing don't mention if they downloaded AVG or similar software to protect their OS. I did and haven't had issues. Some issues mentioned sound virus or charging related.

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly my worst purchase, ever., June 23, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
Never ever buy a TMax or Apex product, ever. You clearly get less than you pay for. Bought a 9" tablet at Christmas, it is now close to July and I cannot escalate my case beyond the "floor supervisor" of the sweatshop in India. I had a defective tablet for 6 weeks before I finally got the company to take it back on warranty. Still no tablet, no answers, no progress. They apologize nicely, but that is the limit of their ability. Oh, and ive been told numerous times that my case has been elevated yet again and that a senior supervisor will call me back, but that does not happen. I even tried staying on the line with the floor super for 40 minutes waiting for the senior supervisor to get out of one of their many "meetings" (every time I call) to no avail. Im going to burn the tablet if I ever get it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from TMAX tablets. Awful cust. service when the product quickly fails., April 26, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
Even after registering the tablet at the TMAX website. Customer service is a joke and wants you to pay for returning it for service and then wants a copy of the receipt after you registered it.

Cruddy product and even worse company. Stick with Samsung. TMAX is garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It for the price and better than expected, January 3, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
Didn't really know what I was going to get, but after drooling over tablets for quite a while, I bit the dust and bought this. I was surprised as it does everything I need (had about a month now). Easy reading with Kindle for tablets, good for surfing, has an office program and more! Bought a keyboard case to go with it, which I love and a 32GB micro SD card that holds all my music, docs, etc. I feel like I've just been free'd from my desk computer. The pixels are fine for most anyone doing anything and higher ratio than some more expensive tablets I've seen. The only con's (which don't affect me) is no bluetooth and the sound comes out the back which seems to be prevalent among tablets. Yet, audio through earphone is awesome and brightness for reading is great.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst ever, September 3, 2014
This review is from: TMAX 9" HD Tablet (Personal Computers)
Received as a gift with no receipt. About 6 months in I started getting an error message in the Google store that I could download apps cuz there was no space. However there was. When I powered down and back up I was given a message there was an update. For over a month I was updating 24/7. Hardly moving and being forced to start from 0 when power ran out. When I messaged the company they had no advice. They told me I got a virus and I needed to send it back with a receipt. When I explained I didn't have one they pretty much said oh well. I was furious. I kept trying for another month. Powering on and waiting for days on the Go startup screen. I tried to reset using the button. I tried to factory reset from the menu (power and volume down) but after a while I stopped getting that screen. Just the go. I left it alone for about 4 months after that and when I tried again it started right up, however couldn't download a single app again. After searching online for help I tried to factory reset again and now it's been 24 hours on the go screen. I am officially done with this device. Do NOT waste your money

TMAX 9" HD Tablet