on July 7, 2011
Format: Paperback
M. F. K. Fisher wrote a handful of memoirs, each one usually dealing with a certain period of her life. "To Begin Again," which covers the first 20 years of her life, is the first in a trilogy that combines memoir, letters, journal entries and short stories (although this one is only memoir and about 30 pages of journal entries).

As I was reading this, I was astounded at the memory recall she exhibited. She claims at the very beginning that she does not fib, lie or embellish, but I can't help but wonder if she really remembered all of these details or if she was mearly helping a few of the memories along. Seriously - how much can one remember from the age of four or five?!

I was a little disappointed because she pretty much skipped over ages 7 to 18 or 19 with only glancing reminiscences strewn inbetween. Among Friends covers her earlier years and was a joy to read; I would recommend reading that first and Long Ago In France: The Years In Dijon (Destinations) before reading STAY ME, OH COMFORT ME: Journals and Stories, 1933-1941.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on November 3, 2014
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Very Pleased+++++Thank You
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this also viewed
Long Ago In France: The Years In Dijon (Destinations)
Long Ago In France: The Years In Dijon (Destinations) by M. F. K. Fisher (Paperback - February 15, 1992)
$10.86

Measure of Her Powers: An M. F. K. Fisher Reader
Measure of Her Powers: An M. F. K. Fisher Reader by M. F. K. Fisher (Hardcover - Nov. 1999)

Among Friends
Among Friends by M. F. K. Fisher (Paperback - March 30, 2004)
$12.15