5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat it.
Published 19 months ago by W. Lambdin

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottom warped after using on a camp stove.
Maybe Im dumb and I shouldn't have done this, but I placed mine directly on my primus stove to boil water for my coffee and the bottom warped. Now its bubbled out on the bottom and doesn't sit flat at all. It rocks back and forth. I bought this to use to boil water and I guess I should have just kept my old steel pot. Oh well.
Published 4 days ago by Jakob

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat it., May 17, 2013
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
Update: after writing the review below yesterday; I made a wonderful discovery. Someone recommended using a side cut can opener and open a 5.5 OZ tuna can, and use that as a lid for the cup. Well that does not fit. Just as a test I tried the plastic lid from a Blue Diamond almond can. It fit PERFECTLY and will keep the stuff you store in the cup from falling out. I keep my MAHALO stove, fire steel, pot scraper, and lid to set the stove on, wind screen, etc.

I know the plastic lid will melt if i try to use the lid for cooking. It's just to keep my kit inside the cup. I will make a lid from aluminum foil when cooking. I used to have a Stanley camp pot, and that kit with other stuff I needed it weighed 18 OZs. By moving to this awesome cup; my cook kit now weighs 7 OZs.
_____

I make and use alcohol stoves and wanted a titanium pot to lighten my pack.

I have owned the Toaks 600, checked out a friends Snow Peak 600, and now bought this cup.

Let's get the cons out of the way then I can start singing the praises of this little cup.

1. The stated weight is wrong. It weighs 2.7 ounces instead of 2.2.

2. This is only a cup.

3. Comes with no lid, and no third party builder I know of builds lids for this. Another reviewer said some sort of tuna lid works. I have not tried that.

4. The bottom of the cup is 3 1/4 inches (8.4 cm. So you will news a stove with a tight flame pattern.

1. Ok now I can tell you that I would rather have this little cup than a Snow Peak 600 or a Toaks 600.

The SP600 does not come with a lid either, costs 1/2 as much, and the walls are sturdier than the Snow Peak.

The Toaks 600. The 450 is stronger than the 600, and I do not like those long handles that have something to keep them cool. The covers on the handles may melt. The Toaks 600 does have a lid..

2. The stuff sack

a. The stuff sack is orange and easy to see. You will not leave it behind.

b. The stuff sack. Is a perfect fit so you can put stuff in the cup. Draw the stuff sack closed to keep them in the cup.

3. The Toaks holds 450 ml (15 FL OZs.

4. Most Mountain house meals need two cups water 480 ml, then many times you need to pour off some excess water. 450 ml is PERFECT.

I divide the freeze dried meal into two separate meals, so 450 ml is enough water for a meal, AND a cup of tea.

5. Lastly you will look at Titanium cups a long time before you ever find a better one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy for titanium cup, April 30, 2013
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
I bought this cup for some very simple reasons. First the price. Most titanium cups this size go for between $35 and $40 dollars. This was only $20 bucks. I have compared it to the MSR Titan cup - at $40 dollars - and can't see or feel any difference. The second reason was more specific. I wanted a cup that I could nest a stainless steel water bottle in the water bottle carrier portion of a Maxpedition Jumbo versipak. I first had tried to use a Nalgene 1 liter bottle with the Olicamp/GSI stainless steel cup but the cup is too large to fit inside the bottle holder. So I settled on this cup matched with a Kleen Kanteen 27oz stainless steel water bottle and it works perfect. It doesn't nest totally snug but in the Maxpedition Jumbo water bottle carrier it doesn't rattle around a bit. The last reason I chose this cup was that it sits perfectly on an Esbit stove without moving around. Based on the quality and price I can easily see myself buying other products from TOAKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaks Titanium 450 kl Cup, December 13, 2012
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
This is my first Titanium product and I am well pleased with the quality.
I have looked at several brand names of 450ml Titanium mugs and this TOAKS mug is the best price I have found.
All the specs. listed in the product description are correct.

This mug does not come with a lid but the top of a 5oz tuna can will work if it is cut with a side cutter (safety opener).

I would definitely buy another TOAKS product

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs all the vital functions of a cup, June 1, 2014
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
It holds water. It can be heated. It has little handles with a little indent that will rest in your pinkie finger. If you really want to, you can put stuff in it and shake it really loudly to scare bears (not manufacturer recommended). In a pinch, you could use it to perform the Cups Song.

I took this on my last backpacking trip and it performed its job admirably. I added a pair of Snow Peak Hot Lips to make drinkin boiling hot beverages a little more comfortable. I cooked rice and oatmeal (separate meals, not as a combination, that'd be gross) in it, and I had a nice adult beverage in it. At under 3 ounces, it packs away nice and light.

It's worth noting that this is 450 ML, which is 15.2 ounces. Some people will be annoyed by this because it holds just a little less than 2 cups, and if you are a stickler for Empirical measurements and very precise recipes this size might drive you crazy. However, if you're that much of a stickler, you really need to consider just, you know, chilling out a little.

It comes with a stuff sack. I misplaced it immediately because I don't think a cup needs its own stuff sack. It's a cup, not a sleeping bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultralight Solo Ti 450ml Pot, June 3, 2014
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
This is a close copy by Toaks (made in China) of the famous Snow Peak and Vargo Ti 700ml +/- pots/mugs. Super light, sturdily enough built, folding handles. Note: THIS SIZE MUG DOES NOT COME WITH A LID.
Toaks makes a thinner and therefore less durable/more dent-able product than, say, Snow Peak, and keep that in mind as you compare prices between brands.

(Tip: If you have an existing cup/pot that you want to add a wire bail handle to like some other TOAKS models, that's easy to do for free with a hammer, a nail for a punch, and a coat hanger. YMMV.)

I like this mug, and I like all the Toaks product I own or have handled. I notice the price fluctuates a lot, so you may want to watch and wait to click 'buy' until you see it drop to a price you like.
TOAKS also makes these cups in a 550, 600, 750 and 850 ML size, the larger ones come with lids, and the 750 comes with a bail handle option.

Hope this was helpful. Happy trails, everybody.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cup for the $$, March 14, 2013
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
Sweet cup, should go well with my backpacking kit. Definitely more of a meal cup or cold beverage cup rather than a hot one... the single walled Ti doesn't go well for the lips!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, value, value, March 30, 2013
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
The quality and the price of this cup can't be beat. This is easily comparable in quality to my Snowpeak and priced a good third lower. I have this and the 750 and if I need anything further I will seek Toaks out.

- all the benefits of Ti at a terrific price ( tasteless, easy to clean, bomber, heat transfer, etc)
- nests inside the 750
- included stuff sack is BETTER quality than Snowpeak (not like it really matters but attention to detail should be rewarded)
- this is a single wall cup, meaning that it will melt your lips clean off if you try to drink from it straight off of the stove.

Yes, I'd recommend it to friends and I'd definitely buy this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This nests in various 750ml bottles, but not 1 liter bottles, May 14, 2014
Slant 6 (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
I bough the TOAKS 450ml cup to nest with my MSR Alpine 750ml Stainless Steel Bottle: A little wiggle room, but this is the tightest nesting I have found with this cup. I put a small thin camp towel in between the two for a snug fit. It works great. It's too small for nesting with a 1 liter Nalgene bottle.
-This also nests with the typical tall thin 750 ml stainless, bottle such as Eco-Friendly Wide Mouth 750mL Stainless. Much more wiggle room. If you take a bandana, fold in half, then half again, then wrap it around the bottle, and place it in the cup, it will be a nice snug fit.
-The handles have a nice amount of friction so they don't flop all over the place. The handles stay open or closed, as you position them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall cup., October 12, 2014
M. Booth (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
I do like this cup. I did try to use it as a pot, but it is just too narrow for the flame. But as a cup, it works great. Being Titanium it doesn't transmit all the heat to the top lip so you can sip hot beverages easily. The SP orange Lips fit perfectly on the edge if you're worried. I use it with the Toaks 600 as my full kit.

One negative: while they state that this FITS inside the Toaks 600ml, it does not NEST; the lid for the 600 sits above the lip by 3/16". A minor ding for an otherwise solid cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ti Cups., September 3, 2014
This review is from: TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup (Sports Apparel)
I bought several of these based on other reviews and their price. They are sturdy lightweight cups. They were well thought out. I especially like the indentation on the handle to prevent your finger from sliding and touching the hot cup. All around great cup. I will be buying more for a lightweight camper to keep it is light as possible. The sack was a bonus and quite useful.

TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup