Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on January 11, 2013
I bought the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 on Adorama but did not realize it did not come with a hood. I already spent $40 on one-day shipping (needed the lens quickly for camping trip) and was torn at the thought of needing to shell out another $50 for the hood.
I didn't order the hood until a week later when I came back. What a difference it makes. Having a hood is SO much added security. The Tokina wide-angled lenses have slightly bulbous front elements so are prone to the elements. The hood is of great quality. Plastic, but Tokina-grade plastic, so you know it's good. Flaring and ghosting performance have improved dramatically.

If you have a Tokina lens and don't have the hood, just buy this. Let's be honest. A third-party screw-on hood isn't going to do the job. Every time you use it you'll regret the ease of use of a proper hood. You may also run into vignetting issues because the lenses are SO wide. And you're not going to run around with an ultra-wide lens that forces you to get close to your subjects without a solid lens hood, are you?

I shake my angry fist at the manufacturers for charging an outrageous sum for a simple lens hood. But I can't live without it. If you're anything like me, just bite the bullet and buy it.
on October 17, 2012
This item fits nicely on my lens but it is a bit overpriced for what it is. $50 bucks for a lens hood is a stretch...
on October 14, 2011
I am very happy with the images I get with my 11-16mm but the first CON I noticed was that the lens hood had a rather loose fit (It would rotate and fall off) whereas my buddies fit too snug. I ended up at this product page to replace my lost hood to find that they charge over $50 for a cheap piece of plastic that doesn't even properly fit their lens? Pssshh, no, but thanks.
on May 27, 2016
I agree with the others. The darn thing keeps falling off. Lost it on the streets of Singapore. Tried an after-market hood and a rubber hood- both have slight vignetting @ 11mm. But I am not going to pay $50 for a hood I will likely lose again.
on June 14, 2013
I can't be sure but this one feels a little more flimsy. I have to admit I am having some bad luck with hoods for this lens and my accessment may be due to the fact that the replacement was so bloody expensive. Either way It went on easily and fits perfect over the UV filter. I certainly will be more careful in the future to not loose any more.
on July 24, 2014
$50 for this? What it is made of? Baby Panda's Skin?
It is just a piece of plastic.
If this were so good, it would had stay locked to my lens instead of falling off and getting lost in a waterfall.
Having to pay more than $10 for this is robbery.
on March 23, 2014
Great item, but I returned this item after realizing the Tokina lense had a hood already. Made an exchange with an item that was on backorder... (dolly for my tripod) but I havent recieved it yet.
on January 17, 2014
This replaces my original hood and fits better. Remember there is a 2nd generation Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 lens on the market now, clarify which one you own before ordering.
on June 13, 2015
Was shooting at the grand canyon and it just fell off the lens. Price is way way too high for this lens hood..
on June 25, 2016
Product came in the time expected and with no damages. Thanks.

See 1 answered question